The United States Open Championship

Discussion in 'TCCT: Tradition Country Club Tour' started by Vlad, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    Welcome to the US Championship.
    The host course will be the renovated Pinehurst #2 Restored.
    There will be 2 prestigious trophies given this week.
    The US Open Champion
    [​IMG]
    And of course The US Amateur Champion

Good luck to all players!!!

houdiniHUSKER ConiglioSG bamagrad please setup the following tournaments:

2. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Scoreboards

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  3. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Handicaps and eligibility list for The US Open Championship

There are no status changes from last week

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  4. SmokeCG25

SmokeCG25 Walk On

Just played this course on the daily a couple of days ago and shot a +2. I think we are in for a great challenge this week.

5. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

Tournaments ready!

6. ren6175

ren6175 Walk On

For me this is definitely one of the most difficult courses in the game. It is so long that I am hitting long irons into the greens and most of them are crowned and the ball never stays. Good luck to everybody.

7. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    I actually find the restored to play easier than the old Pinehurst No 2. It is still tough but last year was a cluster fuck

8. Ian Moss

Ian Moss Walk On

Hello all,

Played my first round yesterday. Hit the ball in the fairway really well I was like 80% in fairways in regulation. My irons were okay. My putting fell apart on me I pushed a lot of putts to the right. Still learning what Vlad and ren taught me about putting. I shot +18 over but this may sound funny it was good a +18 over. If I could a hang of the putting I would doing better. That's what practice for.
    My guys in is the 70's with most categories but I noticed something. When they expanded the CAG attributes my driving went down from 279 yards to 249 yards and I think it takes a really long time to build it back up. I noticed it takes a lot of XP points to get to the next level.
    Oh well I really enjoyed the first round and looking forward to more rounds this week.

Personal news: My wife and I are in the process of adopting our first child. That is why sometimes I am tied up with time and trying to play some rounds to get better. It has been an awesome experience so far and more fun stuff to come.
    I only share this news with you guys because some of the guys I have known on here for a long time like Vlad who are like brothers to me.

Take care and good luck to all this week. This course is tough but I know there will be some good scores too this week.

• Like Like x 5
  9. ren6175

ren6175 Walk On

Ian,
    So glad to see you sticking it out. I know it isn't like breaking par, but really you are playing bogey golf which is what alot of us play IRL. Great job. Also, make sure that your clubs didn't reset. I noticed that my clubs all reverted to standard clubs and my driving yards dropped like that, so just double check.

Awesome news about adopting a child. That is truly special and so much more important than video golf.

See you on the course.

10. ren6175

ren6175 Walk On

Well, I did notice that the fairways are really wide, so that makes driving easier. I was playing pretty well at -4 for my first round until 16. There seemed to be one of those warps in the space-time continuum near the hole and I three putted from 10 feet, back and forth past the hole. Then I 3-putted 18 as well for a -1 finish.

11. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

I appreciate the effort of staying with even though you are not having low rounds right now. It will come at some point! Keep it up and I am glad that you are part of the tour.
    Congratulations btw. Adopting is amazing and I respect you guys for doing so. ;)

12. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

Gonna play in 5 Mims, if anyone wanna join me :)

13. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I've come to the conclusion I'm just a straight choke artist -- I played 4 straight under par practice rounds (-2, -3, -1, -3) and felt really good. I play my first round of the tournament to a +3.....I don't know what I do differently in our tournaments but I know I am certainly effing up something.....F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-I-O-N

14. DaGap25

DaGap25 Walk On

Dub-ya. I feel your pain bro. Ill shoot -6's -7s in connected tourneys. Then I come out and shoot par for the club touneys

15. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Yeah man, I don't get it. I have been playing some quality rounds lately, for awhile I wasn't playing enough and I can of lost my feel for this year's TW. But lately I've played at least a couple rounds a day, gotten my feel back and have been playing solid -- until I play in our tournaments I guess. I get to our tournaments and my approach shots are always just a little further out, I miss putts that I usually make all day long......pissing me off.

16. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

-2 the first round, had 3 bogeys in the last few holes.
    E second round. Wast -5 at some point!

17. Ian Moss

Ian Moss Walk On

Hello all,

Played my second round and third rounds last night. I still noticed my driving distance to start was 249 instead of 270 after the update took place. Checked my clubs there all Nike clubs. My CAG's power is now at 80 all the other categories are in the 70's including spin that seemed to help a bit. Any suggestions on why that would happen? I went to the range and my guy was at 250 yards driving to start.

My putting was really bad I four putted a hold and three putted a bunch of holes. Yes I am still struggling with the putting I hit it too hard or hit too soft and keep pushing the putts to the right. Third round was my best so far +8 so with my handicap -2. I may have figured some things with the putting. I practiced on the putting green to get my stroke down. I noticed if you bring back the putter slower it helps with the speed of the putt. Does that sound right? If so I think I may some things figured out. I have been hitting a lot of fairways and the greens too.

On to round four good luck to all the rest of the week.

18. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    How long do you actually drive the ball? Also what are your other clubs saying?
    Check under options-presentation and see if the data displayed is 'total distance' or 'carry distance'

19. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Marc Martin
    Tandor

Make sure you guys play the Sunday 1 rounder in case the two of you finish in a tie

20. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    ren6175
    SmokeCG25

The two for you are tied for the lead in the Pro-Am tournament.Please play the 1 rounder today to determine the winner.
    In case you are not available to do so let us know,so we can setup a tournament you can attend.

21. Tandor

Tandor Walk On

After scrambling to 7 pars in a row on back 9 I managed to sink a 20 feet long birdie putt on 72nd hole for -5 for final round. I knew I was tied for the lead all the time and had to make that putt. Good times!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Marc Martin

Marc Martin Walk On

You just broke my heart.

23. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    I'm sure you'll come back from this lol
    Second major in a row decided on the 72nd hole!
    I love it !

Can houdiniHUSKER goes crazy in the 4th round and keep the trophy here,or will the US Open trophy once again leaves for Europe?!!!

Last edited: May 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  24. houdiniHUSKER

houdiniHUSKER Walk On

Im gonna try! haha The tournament closed on me before I got a chance to play my last round tho. I'm just gonna make a one-rounder with the 4th round settings starting at 6 pm cst today... -9 to tie, -10 to win... all you can ask for is a shot I guess

25. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    There should be one setup already?! What kind of a circus you guys run over there :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.