The University of Southern Mississippi - 1ke

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by 1ke, Jul 18, 2009.

1. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

The University of Southern Mississippi - 1ke

Playbook - Arkansas
    Offense - Balanced
    Defense - Multiple D

The Golden Eagles.

Hattiesburg Mississippi.

Stadium "The Rock"

2. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Playbooks used this year...Im pretty sure this is ok?

Arkansas, Boise, V Tech, Southern Miss, Nebraska, TCU...Throw in Florida St., and Michigan St.

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Offense:Mixed it up real well had a little of everything shotgun,speed option,I formation 40/60 to run watch out for Deandre 6'6" and he uses him on go routes and over the middle bad ass mo fo!!!

Defense: Aggresive press coverage cover two alot with a middle linebacker taking away the middle of the field. My little WRs were pushed around all night at the line of scrimage.

hopefully I can get a rematch in the CUSA championship game!!!

4. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Offense: Deandre is a stud. Beware him. I think I could've kept laying it on until 1ke hit him for an 80 yard score. Will vary formations well, not afraid to run on all three downs. I got to see more of the passing attack because of my big lead at the half. In the air he can move it in a hurry over the middle to put safities in a bind or a straight fade if he catches you in man, go on the outside guy if he catches you in zone.

Defense: Harder for me to speak on due to the attack I used. I was going to establish and run my speed and triple options and did so well, thus he was on his heels alot and having to try and guess the direction...I got lucky and was going opposite of his anticipation alot. Again, its hard for me to speak on due to the offensive gameplan I used.

Bottom line. Southern Miss is FOR REAL and is offensively loaded, you better home to make a stop or two and keep the go ahead score because you WILL NOT stop him for an entire game.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Offense: Deandre is still a menace to society. Didn't run much on me until the 2nd half when the game was already in hand. Mostly kept it in the air and was successful. Really Good pass protection, great receivers, Good QB. Just a very good and very complete offense. Not much has changed from last year.

Defense: Again, about the same as last year. Took away anything deep and anything in the middle of the field. I had moderate success running the ball outside and off tackle with a speed back. Flats and short routes seemed to be somewhat available. His two 4 star safties are excellent already. They are big, fast, and mean.

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Playbook - Arkansas
    Offense - Balanced
    Defense - 4-3

Offense: Same old, same old. Brown and the other guy (Assad?) are really good. I mean really good. I would focus on Brown and the other one would get me. I'd focus on the other one and Brown would just kill me. Double teams didn't seem to work. Scrambled with his QB when nothing was open. That was kind of a new wrinkle I haven't seen the last few years. Either way, good riddance to all of them. O Line struggled somewhat, especially with blitzes.

Defense: Secondary is great. Uses his safety and is very good with him. Ran for moderate success but not enough to sustain long drives. It was a little easier to throw this year. I'm not sure if I'm getting better or it was his defense. Probably a combination. Forces turnovers, very solid.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Season 4: Purdue @ Southern Miss (S. Miss 38-28)

Offense: Miami
    Defense: 4-3

-On offense, he started out running the ball and gained very consistent yardage.
    -His HB is very good, and can break tackles so make sure you have conservative tackle on.
    -Will run it on third down in passing situations.
    -His endzone is yellow, and he will throw some jump balls. I don't know what advice to give you, but you may want to practice on his field or something. It killed me.

-On defense, he run a lot of man to man.
    -When he ran zone it seemed like he ran a lot of cover 2, especially when he came out in the 3-2-6

8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Switched my defensive playbook to Multiple Defense this year.