The Unsim Encyclopodia (From TLY)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Sep 28, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I saw CHUNKNESS over at The 12 Man post this and thought I would share it with you guys as well. This was originally posted by BlyGilmore at The Longest Yard. I think this should be required reading for all players along with Running the ball in HK - Pet Peeve #1 by ryty32. We are all in the "sim" game together. :)

You can view the original thread here.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 7
  2. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

This is actually spot on ... very well put on the expectations of sim play ... I actually saw a video showing how a dive play should work ... cant remember if it was in our forum or a different forum ... I'll see if I can find it

• Like Like x 2
  3. majesty95

Click the link at the top of this thread "Pet Peeve#1" and see of that is it...

4. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Funny...the things I said weren't sim in my games are listed here...and here I thought I might have been a ill salty after a loss...lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Yep that's the same vid ... I should watched it on my first go around lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Big John

Big John Walk On

Iam sorry, people aren't following these rules, constant hb dives that go straight to the outside and shorts passes every single through,,, Mix up your play calls.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

There are a lot of new guys being introduced to sim in this league...it's gonna take time and dialog to break these unsim habits..of the 4 games I have played, 3 had unsim play...and all 3 were new to TSO...personally, I don't care if I lose because I'm learning....I just wait until the game is over and point out the issue...most ppl say thank you and we move on...eventually we will weed out those who can't let go of the lobby game mentality and the league will be much better for it...

• Like Like x 2
  8. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Well said bigtubb ... you are exactly right ... I definitely think we have some guys in here that are making the effort to shape up their game too ... gotta give credit where credit is due ... after a season or two this will definitely be a thing of the past

9. majesty95

bigtubb_ is absolutely correct. We have a lot of new guys. Many have been willing to listen and are making the effort to adapt. Those who aren't will eventually fall off.

As far as complaining about play, I want everyone to consider a few things things:

A. Is your game free from flaws? Meaning are you struggling to adapt to some of these concepts and do you have a hard time breaking some bad habits? I know from several complaints that I have received, that can go both ways. Try to understand they may be just as frustrated with your play.

B. Are you politely reminding them in game? Eventually, I'm going to get to the point that if you haven't said anything to them personally, it didn't happen. Everyone is responsible for the quality of the league. I have a team and want to have fun too. I shouldn't have to spend all of my time taking about rules if you guys aren't willing to have that discussion yourselves.

C. Take a deep breath and ask yourself if this is something you would see on Sunday. I throw a majority of short passes. I mix up the routes (drags, slants, ins, outs, curls) but 80% of my passes are under 10 yards. You know what, that's exactly how the Vikings play in real life. There's nothing wrong with that and there are defenses to slow it down (do not post those, this isn't a strategy discussion ;)). Now, if they are predominately running the same route, then that is an issue.

Not everything is against the rules and I shouldn't have to handle everything. Yes, I want you guys to let me know and yes, I want you guys to be proactive. I just want to make sure we are not calling people out on everything and we are not calling people out when we have flaws ourselves. :)

10. majesty95

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  11. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I agree with you here. Anytime I see someone get some ridiculous stats and break established NFL records I die a little inside :)

12. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

13. majesty95

Oops. Lol. I added it to my original post. Haha

14. majesty95

MarkyMark67, Futuriistiics, Jbbubba, Reallyrill, LLCoolGrey, YungLew15, bigtubb_, AveryB, Ninersfan80, Crunk_Ness, woodsmall, Crumbler81, MiaFLSurf, Glen Cieske, Justin Crabb, CJTHA1, danwin, coachgaddy, Cj king, RVallee, mikeb539

Just a reminder to everyone as we embark on Season 3. If you haven't already looked this over, please do. If you have, look it over again. We all need reminders from time to time ;)

Also this link is good for running the ball

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/running-the-ball-in-hk-pet-peeve-1.85021/

Here is another from our TSO Premier League "Hard Knocks"

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/sim-101-volume-1.89851/

Again, just a refresher for everyone to help your game be as tight as possible.

Let's all have fun this season!

• Like Like x 1