The Uprising - Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Nov 2, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I’m bored at work today, and truthfully, I have been slacking with the content as commish of this league. I will try to update this every time we advance, but I wouldn’t hold my breathe if I was you guys. More like every real life week or so I’ll do it.

The Uprising Power Rankings
    (thru Season 1 – week 4)

#1 Nebraska Cornhuskers (Juggs)
    Ranking - #1 / Record 4-0
    Tough to debate this one early on. The Blackshirts defense has been dominating to say the least, holding teams to 49 points thru 4 games. The offense has been a bit inconsistent, but it hasn’t mattered as they have managed to put up 137 points so far, averaging nearly 35 a game. Coming off a close win over then #2 Ohio St and a destruction of Tennessee (JMS) on the road, Nebraska has grabbed the initial #1 spot in the power rankings as well as with the NCAA pollsters.

#2 North Carolina Tar Heels (Hot Rod)
    Ranking - # 12 / Record 3-0
    Expect to see Hot Rod’s team near the top of this list for the length of this dynasty. Doesn’t matter which team he is using, he is that good. After knocking off Oregon to open the season, the Heels won back to back user games over GTech and Texas A&M. Averaging nearly 45 points a game, UNC’s offense is clicking even with coach Hot Rod at the helm only a short time. The argument could be made that they deserve the #1 spot, but since I am doing this poll, I win the tiebreaker.

#3 Mississippi St Bulldogs (AJ)
    Ranking – UNR / Record 4-0
    I know, I’m as shocked as you are to see them #3, but they deserve it. When AJ took Miss St with the 1st pick in the redraft, I thought to myself, WHY? He is dead again. But all he is doing is winning with them. 3-0 in the SEC already, all 3 victories coming against the top tier teams in LSU. Auburn and Pac 12’s Georgia….the Bulldogs have the inside track at a trip to the SEC title game early on.

#4 Clemson Tigers (Foshe)
    Ranking - #18 / Record 3-0
    The man is a silent assassain. He doesn’t post much in the forums, but rather lets his game do the talking. Outscoring his opponents 2 to 1, the Tigers have knocked off 3 pretty tough opponents, including a top 10 Iowa and Blaza’s South Carolina. He still has a ton of tough constests to go though, so this ranking might not last long.

#5 Virginia Tech Hokies (Patza)
    Ranking - #5 / Record 3-1
    Playing with a heavy heart, Patza has done well despite his mind being elsewhere lately. After losing the opener on the smurf turf to Boise, he has rallied off 3 straight wins including beating OSU’s Michigan St and Florida St, always one of the favorites in the ACC. His defense has been suspect, allowing over 20 pts a game, but as long as the offense keeps scoring, it shouldn’t matter much.

#6 Texas A&M Aggies (Helli)
    Ranking – UNR / Record 2-1
    A costly pick in the 3rd OT vs. Hot Rod cost Helli a top 2 spot in the ranking. Take away that 1 play, and the Aggies are an undefeated top 20 team. He lucks out and gets to play an unmanned TCU team, a game that should be a win that boosts them back into the top 25. The real question with this team will be how long will they have their coach at the helm, as dirty diapers and 3 am feedings seem to be in the cards very shortly.

#7 Michigan St Spartans (OSU)
    Another surprise pick, OSU wanted the Spartans even though he knew it would mean a move to the Big 12. The Spartans are 1 ridiculous last second play away from being undefeated and in the top 5 on the poll, but nonetheless, a loss is a loss. A tough game on the road vs Miss St awaits them and could go a long way to determining if Sparty is a legit team this year.

#8 Georgia Bulldogs (Pac12)
    After opening the season by knocking off TCU and then putting up 70+ on the helpless Vanderbilt Commodores, the Bulldogs of Georgia lost a surprising game to those of Miss St. Pac12 might be missing his running offense, or maybe it was just an off day. He is still a top player though, and I’d expect Georgia to creep back up the standings very quickly.

#9 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (Mo)
    Ranking - #9 / Record 2-1
    A surprising pick by Mo considering how good of a passer he is, there might be a bit of a learning curve needed to run the option. They knocked off a tough Texas team to begin the season, but then lost to the Heels, only producing 10 pts. A win over NC State doesn’t count. Tough test coming up, on the road vs. Vtech. Will be a good measuring stick.

#10 TCU Horned Frogs (unmanned)
    Ranking - #10 / Record 2-1
    I’m not writing about a team without a coach….but expect them to fall further and further unless we get a coach in here ASAP

#11 South Carolina Gamecocks (Blaza)
    Ranking – UNR / Record 2-2
    South Carolina’s schedule this year is redonkulus. Blaza has done well to be .500 at this point. That might be where they are at the end of the season, which would keep them low in the polls, but wouldn’t be so bad when you look as who they have to play. He hasn’t won a user game in about a month, needs to get off the snide and fast

#12 Tennessee Vols (JMS)
    Ranking – UNR / Record 2-2
    JMS, I love you man, but god that was bad last night. That 1 game alone earned you the #12 ranking. Tennessee has some talent, but they will struggle this year and possibly next as their skill positions aren’t up to par with the rest of the SEC.

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Nice work Juggs!! I look up and see Mo, Helli, and Hot Rod and Foshe up there and thing good lawd there's some talent in this league. We're going to keep our heads to the ground and try to keep the ship afloat down in Gamecock Nation. The Big 12 and ACC both look bananas from top to bottom.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Nice but behind Blaza........I should retire.:(

4. osudds2014

osudds2014 Walk On

very nicely done

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

dont lie...it is a fucking hack job

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

shush it mr. last place

7. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Tcu is the bottom dweller by default but soon a&m and Nebraska will be there!

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Numero 12 goes down again!!!! LOL

9. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Those Vols had me scared for 2.5 quarters. I really respect that offense he's running over there in Knoxville. I think he panicked a little bit in the 2nd half after he got behind, but the Vols will surprise some teams in the SEC this year.

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

The Uprising Power Rankings
    (thru Season 1 – week 9)

#1 Mississippi St Bulldogs (AJ)
    Ranking – #4 / Record 8-0
    Since last poll: Beat Mich St (osu), TCU, Florida, Kentucky

AJ’s Dogs just keep winning, and playing in the SEC, if he can run the table undefeated, he deserves a leg up on the other undefeated teams simply for being in the toughest conference.

#2 North Carolina Tar Heels (Hot Rod)
    Ranking - #3 / Record 7-0
    Since last poll: Beat Fresnso St, Clemson (fosh), Virginia, Miami

Just keeps rolling, and with the tougher teams in the ACC out of the way, really don’t see any possible losses on the horizon.

#3 Nebraska Cornhuskers (Juggs)
    Ranking - #2 / Record 8-0
    Since last poll: Beat Kansas St, Texas, TCU, Missouri
    Much like the pollsters, this writer is a little down on the Huskers. Wisconsin has jumped to the top of the BCS poll, and prob goes undefeated with no more users left to play. If Miss St, UNC and Nebraska all also finish undefeated, I’d rank Nebraska last of the group.

#4 Georgia Bulldogs (Pac12)
    Ranking – #14 / Record 7-1
    Since last poll: Beat Tenn (jms), Florida, Gtech (mo), Auburn, Notre Dame
    Our biggest mover since last poll. Seems to have settled in since early loss to our #1 team Miss St with 5 impressive wins in a row. A rematch in the SEC title game could be in the cards.

#5 Virginia Tech Hokies (Gyrene)
    Ranking - #8 / Record 6-2
    Since last poll: Beat Gtech (mo), Wake Forest, Maryland, BC / Lost Utah
    Tough to judge this team. Since Gyrene has taken over, he has rolled on the inferior cpu teams, but is yet to face a stiff challenge. Still, he hasn’t lost a game. Both of VT’s losses came at the hands of the old owner.

#6 Michigan St Spartans (OSU)
    Ranking – #24 / Record 6-2
    Since last poll: Beat Missouri, Baylor, Tx Tech, Oklahoma / Lost Miss St (aj)
    OSU has his Spartans playing solid ball, and a big matchup with Nebraska still will decide who goes to the Big 12 title game. Both his losses have come out of conference, so he is is still in great shape to make a BCS bowl

#7 Texas A&M Aggies (Helli)
    Ranking – #22 / Record 6-2
    Since last poll: Beat TCU, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas / Lost Tx Tech
    Rumor has it Helli is starting to lose interest, and his recent blowout loss to a medicre Texas Tech team was a sim. As long as he can keep his interest and has time to play, he will be deadly.

#8 South Carolina Gamecocks (Blaza)
    Ranking – #15 / Record 6-2
    Since last poll: Beat Alabama, Kentucky, Vandy, Tenn (jms)
    Has played good ball since last update, but of 4 victories, only 1 is impressive. Others came against crappy cpu teams and an auto-Tenn game. Needs a few more signature victories to move up into top 5

#9 Clemson Tigers (Foshe)
    Ranking - #19 / Record 6-2
    Since last poll: Beat Miami, Maryland, Boston College / Lost UNC (hr), Gtech (mo)
    Only 3-2 since last poll, but both losses were close ones to users, so gets points for that. But Foshe is living dangerously close to the edge, even some of his cpu victories are tight ones.

#10 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (Mo)
    Ranking - UNR / Record 4-4
    Since last poll: Beat Clemson (fosh), Rutgers . Lost Vtech (gyrene), Georgia (pac12), Virginia
    Only Tenn has a worse record since last update. Problem is, I’m not sure how many of those losses Mo actually lost and how many were simmed. Either way, a crappy bowl for the Jackets looks like their year 1 fate

#11 TCU Horned Frogs (unmanned)
    Ranking - UNR / Record 4-4
    Still waiting for their coach…but amazingly, they haven’t fallen to last yet

#12 Tennessee Vols (JMS)
    Ranking – UNR / Record 3-5
    Since last poll: Beat LSU / Lost Georgia (pac12), Alabama, So Carolina (blaza)
    JMS will turn this around, but he needs to focus a little more of his time on Tennessee. Right now, he’s too focused on T1 and Wisconsin

11. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Man I appreciate what you do.

That's very cool man.

12. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

WTF! Someone better beat AJ. He needs to be down in the basement. Can't let the little guy up.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

hit me right on the fucking head.....damn.

14. BertaMan9

BertaMan9 Walk On

This not do anything anymore

15. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

I will update the power rankings heading into conference play, I'm pretty sure I know you'll be placed.