The Uprising...reborn. Rules/Conf and team selection

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Oct 14, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

The Uprising...reborn. Rules/Conf and team selection

Ok, so the restart has won out, and we will be restarting as soon as everyone selects their team. What I need from everyone after this is:

PM from everyone in their league with their top 5-10 team choices.

Rather than a random order/draft, I will be assigning teams to everyone based off their lists and what we've done so far (ie quality of previous team, how bad they've done, etc). So for example....AJ, whoever you list #1, you got. You had Duke for 2 years, nuff said.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Conferences
    I've decided we are going to keep the same 3 conferences, the ACC, the Big 12 and the SEC. Reason being, they all have 2 divisions and a conf title game, so it sets up well. 2 users in each division, 4 per conference, more than likely user v user title game with huge implications
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Team Selection
    I've decided we're going to stick with 4 (some 5) star teams or lower, and all 90ovr or lower. I just think this leads to tougher cpu games vs the better teams. If we all started with 95-99ovr teams, our only losses would be to each other. This way, the games vs Alabama and Miami and Texas will still give us some tough ones.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Available teams
    As some one pointed out, there are not enough 4-5* teams in each conference so that all 4 people will be on an even playing field. Maybe someone is a big fan of say Wake Forest and want to start as a 3* team and only 83ovr, if you want that, fine, put them on your list. But in an effort to allow everyone to be a team they will get into and be on an even playing field, in addition to the allowed teams in the ACC, Big 12 and SEC, any 4* team (90ovr or less) will be available. We won't have custom conferences, but if someone wants to be say Pittsburgh, moving them to the ACC and replacing an NC State wouldn't be too out of the question. Same with like BYU or TCU to the Big 12. Also, maybe no one wants to run the GTech option, so them being one of the top tier ACC teams means nothing, no one will pick them. The oddities will be if someone wants to be like Arizona St...but we'll plop them in the SEC, who is the toughest division, to balance it out. All in all it will work out well. That being said...here are the divisions and available teams. Again, everyone PM me their list. Please have 5-10 teams on their. Please dont pick all teams in 1 conference. Be diverse. And be advised, we will be using different rosters, so like Denard Robinson will be Denard Robinson, not a 75ovr scrubby QB. So base this on real life now.

ACC
    UNAVAILABLE TEAMS - Florida St, Miami
    Top Tier Available teams - Clemson, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Virginia Tech
    Middle Level Available teams - Boston College, Wake Forest
    Lower Level Available teams - Duke, Maryland, NC State, Virginia

BIG 12
    UNAVAILABLE TEAMS - Oklahoma, Texas
    Top Tier Available teams - Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma St, Texas A&M
    Middle Level Available teams - Texas Tech
    Lower Level Available teams - Baylor, Colorado, Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St

SEC
    UNAVAILABLE TEAMS - Alabama, Florida, LSU
    Top Tier Available teams - Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee
    Middle Level Available teams - Miss St, Ole Miss, So Carolina
    Lower Level Available teams - Kentucky, Vanderbilt

OTHER NOTABLE AVAILABLE TEAMS
    Iowa, Michigan St, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, BYU, TCU, Utah, Houston, Arizona St, Oregon St, Stanford

OTHER NOTABLE UNAVAILABLE TEAMS
    Boise St, USC, Oregon, Michigan, Ohio St, Penn St, Wisconsin, West Virginia

Get at it boys, if I get everyone's selections by tomorrow night, I'll fire up the league before I leave for vacation

2. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Alright, I want Mississippi. St.

3. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Any way I can talk you into not doing cheesy custom conferences?

5. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Love the decision! I'm all for more competition and customizing a team or two in each conference will give us greater parity. I'm not opposed to having the 6star teams from the other conferences join us too, but it doesn't seem like people are too jazzed about it.

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Helli (and everyone)....I'm no doing full on custom conferences. Ideally, 12 teams from the conferences will be chosen. But I don't think its fair for me to say here....were all gonna be 5&4 star teams, but these 2 guys start as 3* ones. That's what happened here with duke, baylor and vandy. If someone choose that, like aj picked a 3* team, then fine, less of a chance of needing to do it at all. But if I have to add a tcu to the big 12 or a pitt to the acc to have parity, so be it.1-2 teams, in same geographical region not that bad

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

If you do it like that (minimal, geographically) slightly less heinous. Thanks.

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yeah man, and maybe none at all depending on team selections.

Anyway, so far, AJ has picked, and I've gotten lists from: myself, Helli, Fosh, Pac12, Hot Rod, Smalls.

Waiting on: JMS, Blaza, Patza, SDMD and OSU. Get them to me today guys. I can set up the league and send invites tonite so atleast can mess with your pre-season stuff over the weekend. I might even be able to advance to week 1 if someone knows Foshe's stuff and can accept the invite for him so i can do the schedule. otherwise, both he and I are back on Tuesday

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

so many teams....any way to look at these rosters online?

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I dont even have the "new" roster set we will be using so I know i have nothing uploaded with them. Not sure if Helli knows of a place to view them, or even the default rosters, which would atleast give you some idea. Thus why I texted everyone (whose number I had) last night and told them to check the forums while at home and not at work...doucher

11. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

The rosters are from GT RomanCaesar on XBL

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Just Patza andSDMU left and I can post the selections

13. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

His rosters are solid. Makes them close to rl.

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Does anyone know SDMD or Patza? Can you text them and ask them to hop on? I'd like to do this today so tonite can send out the invites

15. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

We have a shortage of guys wanting to play in the ACC. So I am opening it up to Virginia Tech. First person to post they want them, you got em. No list needed

16. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I'll take them

17. Blaza

Ugh!! just missed out

18. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Haha, story of you NCAA career!

19. Blaza

Hahaha quit followin me bra!

20. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Slow day at the office, so plenty of time to find threads to clown you in!

21. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I withdraw from vt.

They are all yours blaza, your luck turns around

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Since there are only two (now three) teams that are allowable and attractive Juggs was telling me he might transfer another team to the ACC.

One big problem with this. Whoever uses that team will have a huge disadvantage recruiting, due to lack of RIVAL games to bring recruits to. A+ or even A visit versus B+/A- is a HUGE difference. So i recommend a team that at least has some rivals with ACC teams to transfer into the ACC.

Here is a list

Team (ACC rival)

Florida (Miami, FSU) I know, they're not allowed... just makin sure its comprehensive
    Navy (Maryland)
    UGA (Ga Tech)
    West Virginia (Va Tech)
    ECU (NC State)
    Notre Dame (Boston College)
    South Carolina (Clemson)

My suggestion is either West Virginia, and they at least have one rivalry in conference, or Notre Dame...

Notre Dame is 6 stars, but their actual roster is not stellar with this roster set. They are B, B+, B and their home state is horrible for recruiting. Yes they will have pipelines though, and 6 stars will get them a big edge. They only have two guys rated over 90 OVR, I would say for this league they would be an average talent team.

Overall however I have to say we should allow Blaza skank to be West virginia. They're similar with the upper level teams already allowed, and they have a rival in the ACC. during the years that game isn't at home, you could work to get them a usable home game against a Big E rival.

23. Blaza

Hmmmm, Notre Dame...Interesting...

Will I regret it if I choose South Carolina?

24. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Blaza...you're Virginia Tech, shut up.

Helli...no West Virginia. 5* and like a 94 ovr. VTech was a 93 ovr, but they should be much lower after the roster update. I let them in...not letting in WVU too, sorry.

We have 2 guys left to hear from, and if not, have something else to be done.

25. Blaza

South Cack is a little more interesting to me, but their rivals are Florida and UGA. :(

They have good young talent but I know I'd be under a huge 8-ball starting off with 3-star prestige.