The Way Forward

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by Baron, Aug 1, 2013.

?

What should PFP do going forward?

1. Restart! We've got to wipe the slate clean and start over.

50.0%
  2. Workaround! We've got some ideas we can try to correct the issues we've had.

30.0%
  3. Other: MUST SPECIFY IN THREAD

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Pushing for Paydirt

PFP has taken two really powerful shots in the past four days. After finally getting through the reboot from the error on Sunday, we've encountered Coaching XP issues for almost every coach. There are workarounds that have been proposed.

However, the biggest thing for me as commish is to keep your guys morale up and keep you interested. These issues can, understandably, take a toll and I want to prevent that. Conversely, a restart can do the same so I want your guys input. This is a big decision for the OD so vote and give your reasoning why. This is not an immediate decision. I want everyone to vote but I'm fine with a debate going for awhile. But we have to have a concrete decision that all 12 members can stomach.

The two options are:
    1. Restart: We wash our hands of the current file, retain our teams and start over.
    2. Workaround: We've got a good thing going, and try to use the proposed workarounds to get us back on track and save our progress.

I've provided an other option. Please explain your proposed option.

One of the options under "other" I've thought of would be Restart: But wait on a patch to make sure we don't run into these things.

Regardless, going forward we will not be transferring commissioners when I have to leave down. I will advance online if need be to make sure we are keeping pace but not creating more technical issues.

Any other input you guys have, please share it.

This is a very important thread. I want EVERYONE to vote and post with their thoughts at the bare minimum. If you can't be assed to discuss this issue within the next 48 hours or so (without extenuating circumstances), that doesn't speak well to me about your commitment to the OD.

Thanks everyone, I'll post my thoughts below.

2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

My opinion is to restart the OD. I don't know if the file is corrupt, or we're just cursed with bad luck, but I feel like hitting the reboot NOW is the best option. We hadn't completed a season yet, no one is in love with their recruits and we prevent finding lingering issues down the line.

I completely understand the opposite side and will continue forward with the same vigor if the OD opts for the workaround issue so I'm just speaking as a member here and not the commish.

3. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

My first thought would be to continue on where we are as I'm not really interested in a restart at all and just hope one of the work arounds work.

If we do have to restart, I would like to change from Kansas to Tulsa as I don't really have an interest of playing with a pro style playbook anymore and the first season with Kansas players, there isn't much of an option to do much else.

Luckily this happened in season 1, but it still sucks.

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I agree with you Baron. I feel a restart is best because we don't know if the file is corrupt or not but if I had to guess I would say it is. I have never heard of a file disappearing in the years I have been playing in online dynasties. It would suck for us to get into the off-season and the file be so messed up we couldn't get into season 2. The way I see it a restart is the only logical decision. The coach XP isn't working right, we are only in week 10, everyone will have another go at perfecting their recruiting, everyone will be on the same level XP wise and Baron has the possibility of losing to me week 1.

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

A restart with a few rapid fire nights is the best option for us IMO. If the work arounds don't work we waste even more time.

6. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I really really do not want to have to restart, and if there is a work around we should do everything we can to find it. If we do restart, I would like to consider moving to Iowa or Wisconsin. Illinois has the worst defense of all time to begin with and I would much rather move to a multiple or pro style pb to be a bit more sim. Moving to either of those teams would allow me to solve both of those problems. This also has nothing to do with wanting to get a better team, I was poised to bring in some sick recruits with Illinois. I just feel like with how the game is this year I would rather have a team that uses a much more limited option attack and has a defense better than 78. If anyone has issues with this proposal let me know, I'm good either way.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Id rather not restart, i hate restarting. But if you guys all agree to do it I will go along with it, reluctantly.

If we do restart, I think a couple (or more) rapid fire nights, as fuzzyl0gic stated, need to happen. 2-a-days start monday!

And it's 105 effing degrees....

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

i vote restart. i feel like a fresh start with a new file would be the quickest cleanest option. and we are not deep into the current file. so no real harm done.

9. fuzzyl0gic

I don't think anyone really wants to restart. My logic is that our file already seems to be corrupted, if one of these work arounds do work, what if they are a constant problem in the future? I feel like we waste more time potentially than just restarting with a clean slate, trying a few rapid fire nights, and Baron staying commish and never transferring the role. Maybe shuffling of teams to current open teams wouldn't make it as bad. I feel like not restarting is just going to drain morale and take longer to get back on track in the long run.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Bingo. In past cycles I've been in dynasty's where restarts have killed the morale and motivation to play. This is alleviated by usually either swapping conferences or team shuffling in some way. This probably wont be the most popular option. In the event of a restart I think we should consider doing something with the teams in order to get some excitement back.

11. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Whatever you guys decide.

12. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I'm in the "I would hate to restart but if we do I'd like to play with another team" category. As much as I love playing with the Buckeyes, playing with other teams is what I love about being in online dynasties, especially here on TSO. I think if we're going to have fresh start/clean break I think new teams are needed for this.

13. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

i wouldnt be against switching teams/conferences fwiw

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I would go for this, as much as I have grown to love Baylor and their sick uniforms. MAC and sun belt teams!! Lezgo!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. fuzzyl0gic

Pushing for Paydirt

Drifterbub has commented that this is not a widespread issue (only seemed to happen here), and that none of the new leagues have seen it. I really think this means we need a restart to be 100% in the clear. Does this change your mind for any of you who voted no?

16. fuzzyl0gic

We might also need to go no created coaches to be safe.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

It also should be noted that anyone who is participating in the NCAA 14 Bugs and Glitches thread knows that EA is aware of this issue, what causes it and is currently working on a patch (either console or server-side is yet to be determined).

• Like Like x 1
  18. gwill

I don't anyone has voted outright no. It's mostly been if this is what's best so be it as long we can change teams. I think the real question is for those who voted FOR restart would you guys be open to changing teams?

19. fuzzyl0gic

Drifter also said this (in regards to the glitch happening to someone that rebooted yesterday):

"That doesn't seem possible. EA recreated the glitch based on our feedback and it only happens when someone leaves, moves or joins the dynasty after there is 12 coaches established. Either your files are getting crossed up or you are doing something wrong."

20. fuzzyl0gic

I think moving to an open team (as of now) wouldn't cause any conflicts. Obviously you don't have to give up your team if you didn't want to. My two cents. Baron

21. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I say we either stick it out with the current teams or restart with a brand new concept. What usually is the biggest killer for members during restarts is when they're starting with the same program and they do WORSE. It's impossible to be able to enjoy the OD when you know you should be 8-0 but now you're 4-4 because EA sucks.

I really like my team, I'm having a great season, and a restart with the same teams and concept would really saturate my interest (and I believe it would be the case for the majority). I'd prefer to stay the course with the current reboot, but that may not be an option or at least worth the risk. Just my honest/no-bullshit view on this situation.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  22. fuzzyl0gic

True. A restart with new teams makes it all new again. Should we keep the same draft order as before? Baron WE NEED YOUR LEADERSHIP. :)

23. gwill

Pushing for Paydirt it seems like our two options are restart w/same teams or restart w/different teams. So far of those who commented it seems like the majority would prefer restart w/ new teams. For those who haven't commented, would you be open to playing new teams?

24. IrishBearcat

I think if we restart it would be best to literally start from scratch. Draft order, teams, and everything else.

• Like Like x 1
  25. IrishBearcat

Well vote count is 4-3-2 so nothing has really been decided. Obviously you can see where this is probably headed based on the initial responses.

The most logical direction to follow IMO;

1. Restart (all restart options included, same teams/different) or No?

2. If no, we attempt work arounds. If Yes, same concept or new?

3. If same, restart the OD from scratch. If new concept, wipe the entire slate clean and start fresh conference selections, draft order, etc.

The End.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.