The Week Has Finally Come

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by gowazzucougs, Nov 5, 2012.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Jayrah recchem2000

The grand week has finally come, UCLA travels to Pullman to face WSU. I will be the first to say that the WSU season has not gone according to plan, but I can talk myself into a win here. UCLA controls it's own destiny in winning the right to lose to Oregon in a few weeks, but I must give credit where credit's due. UCLA for most of this season has looked impressive. The Bruins finally have a quarterback, and their defense is playing up to their potential. I honestly did not see a 66-10 whopping on Arizona coming. Of course I didn't see that great 49-6 debacle in Salt Lake this weekend coming either.

And for that reason, and that reason alone WSU will beat UCLA. This is clearly a trap game for the Bruins, and the past two years WSU "no showed" a game on the road, and then followed it up with a win. Two years ago they no showed against ASU losing 42-0, then the following week they beat OSU. Last year they no showed against CAL, losing 30-7 and then beat ASU. This year they clearly no showed against Utah (or they might have quit on Leach, you should see the articles being written about the post game press conference, with Leach you get the good and the bad), what will happen this week??? I know I am being homer picking WSU, but fuck it this season has fucking sucked and Zach needs to feel some misery.

2. gowazzucougs

Let me add this Marquess Wilson has been suspended from the team, and may have quit the team. Yes, folks this is our 2012 WSU Cougar Football team.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

How come?

4. gowazzucougs

He refused to do some push ups during some conditioning on Sunday. When I have time I will go into this more, this issue has been bubbling for a while

5. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Trap game for UCLA looking ahead to USC? Im scared it might be. Im hoping they show up and play like they have the past few weeks. If its another game like they played against Cal, were in trouble! Forest says the Bruins are gonna freeze their tatas off up there...30 degrees at game time is predicted.

7. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

8. gowazzucougs

Here are my thoughts this is utter bullshit. Now for the real analysis.

Now there are several things going on here, and it is very hard for me to see this happening and comprehend how this season has transpired. After witnessing the past four seasons under Coach Wulff WSU Football team and it's fan base needed a wake up call. The athletic department made a serious commitment to the football program in hiring Mike Leach and putting in the new press box and suites. In addition they will be putting in a massive football admin. building as part of the stadium. So if these allegations are true, Leach is done, his staff is probably done. The AD who is leading the charge is most likely done, and probably the president will be forced to resign for allowing the hire. So there is a lot on the line. We will know more after two separate investigations are completed by the school and the PAC-12 Conference. They will supposedly be done in a week.

However, my basic opinion is that Wilson could not handle the culture change that is taking place at WSU. Under the previous regime players were not accountable for their actions. According to some Cougar fan sites the players were coddled by the coaches. When I look at the last two seasons under the Paul Wulff era the team would have I what I call "no show" games. They would just get blown out on the road, and there was simply no explanation for this. They were not playing Oregon or USC, or someone else they had no business being on the field with. The week before they beat Oregon State two seasons ago they lost 42-0 to ASU. Up until that game you could see improvements and then they lost 42-0???? Last year against CAL, they lost 30-7. The seven points came late in the game. This season, there had been none of those type games until last week against Utah. They lost to Utah 49-6. This game was fucking horrible. After the game Leach made the offensive and defensive line available to the media. It was awkward for the media, and some say it wasn't the right thing to do by Leach. Leach called the O-Line play against Utah cowardly. I will admit what he said about their performance is very harsh, but at the same time he is making the players accountable. He always starts his press conferences saying the loss is on the coaching staff and himself, but then makes comments about how the players need to perform. The O-Line has been horrible all year, they gave up 10 sacks against Stanford, six against Utah. In addition we have the corpses comments about the seniors' play from several weeks ago.

With regards to Wilson, Leach when asked about the comparison to Crabtree, he said that Crabtree was better than Wilson during spring practice. A lot of what occurred in spring ball was trying to push Wilson to make him better, make him practice harder. He is clearly the best receiver the Cougs have, but he doesn't practice hard, he drops passes that he should catch. Since Wilson's letter came out, reporters have come out and said that he has loft during practicing, dropping passes, basically not giving his full effort. He didn't start against Stanford because of his practice effort. Leach has stated if you play well in practice you will get playing time, so I assume he wasn't impressed with Wilson's practice effort.

In addition his letter is very vague as to what occurred, and how do we define abuse. The example that has been given is what occurred at halftime against Utah. It is unclear what happened, but without being there I can't say what happened, but something probably did happen. But, whatever happened probably should have happened. They were losing 31-0 to an opponent that really isn't that good. If Utah wanted to run the ball the could, if they wanted to pass the ball they could. Teuel was sacked 5 times in the first half, the offense was non existence, except for the first drive. Leach and his staff probably gave the team a tongue lashing that previous coaching staff probably would have never have given. Then Sunday comes around for some conditioning/practice and Wilson walks out because he wouldn't do any push ups. When QB Connor Halliday was asked after the UCLA game about if he saw any abuse at halftime against Utah his answer was "No." The WR coach issued a statement, and it was clear to me he thought Wilson's allegations were just crazy.

9. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

If I hear "should of" out of gowazzucougs or Jayrah, im gonna go postal!!! Nice that the Cougs didnt quit in the 2nd half but they made way too many mistakes to win that game. USC will probably pass for 700 yards against us Saturday but Im hoping we at least make a game of it...unlike last seasons beat down.

11. gowazzucougs

I am not going to say should have, because the WSU special teams unit played horrible and the other mistakes the Cougs made during that horrible second quarter. I got the sense I was watching a video game based on the numerous mistakes, 2 blocked field goals, one returned for a score, 2 blocked punts, a fumble on a kickoff return that the Bruins converted into a touchdown two plays later, and the Halliday fumble that the defense returned for a touchdown. In addition UCLA played it pretty conservative in the second half, I do wonder what would have happened if the game was somewhat closer because you have to admit the Bruin offense and defense didn't play that spectacular for most of the game.

12. gowazzucougs

Yeah, the guy goes to practice and sees what happens. I don't think any reporter will come forward and say he was abusive to his players during practice. If any abuse occurs it is going to be in the locker room, the weight room, behind closed doors. More information has come out about what happened during halftime against Utah. What the players are saying, is pretty much what I figured happened. The coaches got in the players faces demanding better effort.

http://www.cougcenter.com/2012/11/13/3640824/marquess-wilson-abuse-mike-leach-wsu-football