The whole progression problem thing

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by NYJuggalo45, Jul 22, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

The whole progression problem thing

Ok so I reat every post over at OS, and I messed with it myself in a solo dynasty simming seasons. This was all ofcourse pre-patch, but here is my analysis.

The progression bug/problem is not as big an issue as guys are making it out to be. Yes, "real" guys in the game are going to skyrocket with progression for the 1st few years of the dynasty. But after that, "created" recruits do not seem to have this problem, atleast I haven't seen as big jumps with them.

So here's my proposal on how to fix this.

- No redshirts of "real players" during the duration of their NCAA career. This will get them out of the dynasty in a max of 4 years. By year 5, we will be fine.
    - When applicible (sp?) and we get to the off-season/cuts for the first year, any guys who are scrubs right now (I'm not talking 75-80 ovr guys, I mean the shitheads, the guys who are like 65ovr right now, but by season 4 will be 95ovr), cut em. As long as it doesn't leave a gaping hole in your depth at a position, get them out of the dynasty now, opening up spots for more "created" players. For example, we have like 10 DTs at Miami. There is no way that guys #9 & 10 should ever see the light of day for us. So I'll just chop them off my team after the 1st off-season and avoid having them progress 25 pts over their career.

Are these perfect solutions? No. should EA have fixed it themselves? ofcourse. But it's not a huge deal since we will all be on the same page. If we take these steps it will limit the number of crazy 95-99ovr guys in years 3 & 4 of the dynasty. And by year 5, we should be fine and back to normal.

Thoughts?

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i've always struggled with pronouncing "gyro"

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

I haven't read all the stuff about the progression problems just a couple posts on the Tradition forums. Maybe we could just limit red-shirting to strictly Freshman from the original roster file.

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I am normally quick with the comebacks, but you my friend have stumped me for one here

5. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Is it really a problem? I am not sure it is. If its real players then they will all skyrocket together for each and every team.

I say we play and try not to worry about this it doesnt bother me one bit.

6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

of course there's the radical solution - having a weekend pow-wow and sim seasons 1 to 4 ...

With that thrown there ... if this is the same for everybody doesn't it kind of just work itself out? IMO a team with more scrubs is a team that isn't as talented as teams starting out. i.e. Miami is going to have more scrubs than Florida because Florida is loaded now. Isn't that balanced in the long run?

Besides the more of these "scrubs" you have on your team, the less other players you can recruit. Doesn't that hurt you in seasons 5, 6 and 7?

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I'm fine with that. The only thing is those freshman will be even sicker by year 5. Basically, "real guys" are progressing upwards of like 7-8 ovr pts everyyear (and not just the typical FB-K-P, across the board).

So if someone RS a true freshman who is say 80 ovr. He could:

Yr 1 - freshman 80ovr
    Yr 2 - fr (rs) - 87ovr
    Yr 3 - Soph (rs) - 93ovr
    Yr 4 - Jr(rs) - 99ovr
    Yr 5 - Sr(rs) - 99ovr

Which isn't horrible, but it will lead to alot of 95-99 ovr guys. The biggere problem are the true freshmen scrubs who are like 55-60 ovr guys who should never play. But by the end of their careers, could be superstars

Yr 1 - freshman 60ovr
    Yr 2 - fr (rs) - 67ovr
    Yr 3 - Soph (rs) - 75ovr
    Yr 4 - Jr(rs) - 83ovr
    Yr 5 - Sr(rs) - 90ovr

Either way though...that's the whole "progression bug" so it's not a huge deal

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

hitting it deep today, are we

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

This is true the pregression is equal for all teams and pretty much has been the spirit of the Tradition when it comes to recruiting and red-shirting.

On the other hand it depends on your current roster configuration. If you have a ton of younger guys it will benefit you more.

10. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

btw if anything my concern here is playing a bunch of jacked computer controlled teams. we can make changes for us, but there's no way we can control what 108 computer controlled teams do. then again maybe having them super talented isn't a big deal.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I don't expect to land many good recruits with Clemson the first year or two so I would like to be able to red shirt the few young talents that I have.

12. jfosh

jfosh Super

they wont be talented for long.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

so are we redshirting freshman or not???

14. jfosh

jfosh Super

I would have to say we are. :RS:

15. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

:HoosierHoo: Hell yea we redshirt... We are all about not having limits.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

That's true Rusty. And it wouldn't help me to have 5 active TE on the roster this year. I just need 3, maybe 4 if one of them goes down.

17. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

I personally am not worried about it with our group. I absolutely trust the 12 of us to not find an exploit in it. I will say year 5 will be interesting when we've had years 3 and 4 full of superstar teams and all of the sudden in drops back to reality in a single offseason.