The ZOO Weekly

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

The ZOO Weekly

[​IMG]

The Zoo Weekly

It was a long year for the Ducks, but after the coaching change, they rallied for 4 straight wins, including a Big Bowl Blowout. This year they look look to rebound and get the team back into the PAC 10 Title hunt.

Coach Drausus Interview:

You lose QB Masoli and and DE CiViscanzio. How will the replacements fill those spots?

"I have a lot of hope in QB Thomas. He can throw the ball and he has great speed so he will be a hand full for opposing defenses. On the D side, Senior RE Taylor had 5 sacks last year and DT Bray had 4 sacks and 10 TFL's. I like our defense and hopefully we can anoint another "Gang Green" defense this year."

You RB situation is still up in the air. Are you going with James or Shinaba to start?

"We don't know yet. James ran for 1400 + Yards last year with 14 TD's, but Shinaba came on strong at the end. As of right now I will say James, but look for both of them this season to get a fair amount of carries."

Oregon only has 3 commitments going into the off-season. Is there anyone you are gunning for?

"There are several on our list right now. We have signed some good DB's and we believe we have another young 4* RB on the way. Our Secondary as of right now is strong and will get stronger with the new additions, but we will need another good QB if we want to compete in the future."

Where do you plan on having Oregon when the season is done?

"I plan on winning another Bowl Game. Our major goal right now is the National Title, and if it was anything different I shouldn't be coaching and these players shouldn't be playing. Our secondary goal is to put the Ducks back on the map.... but I think we began to do that towards the end of last year and It will continue into this year."

Oregon will have several obstacle to over-come this year, as they lost most of their big time players, but Coach Drausus said, "Every school lost big time players, and this year is about creating new ones".

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

The Ducks have been flying high this year, and their running game is one of the best in the country, averaging over 370 rushing per game. They will face a big test this week against WSU. Wazzu is handing out all white T's for the White out..... but they should remember, Oregon has over 200+ Jersey Combos.... so Wazzu might have to give away yellow and black jersey's to be prepared.

Open for all questions regarding the game @ WSU

For starts:

Oregon's rushing attack is leading the nation this year.... what do you contribute this success to?

"All our RB's came into spring practice with a message. They believed they were the best Quad-Combo in the nation, and Shinaba, James, Parks and Bell have proved that in the first 2 games this season. I also have to give a Kudos to new RB Coach Legarrette Blount. After his career ending injury during his rookie year in the NFL, I invited him here last year to take the reigns as assistant RB coach. This year the RB coach position is all his and he is doing a great job with our RB's. He shows them his Heisman candadatie video before every practice, and he lets them know that one bad mistake can take all your work away. The maturity level in these RB's is the highest I have seen in all my years of coaching and it shines on the field."

[YOUTUBE]<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zPjKLI9u8i4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zPjKLI9u8i4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]