ThePack.com

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ThePaw, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

ThePack.com

[​IMG]

Your home for all news NC State.

2. ThePaw

[​IMG]

NC State-35
    Army-0

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ThePaw

'Pack Grab First Recruit of Season

[​IMG]

Coach Paw on Morris: We think Will can eventually be a great player for us. We are pretty thin in the secondary and hopefully he can come in and add a presence for us.

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Damn you...

5. ThePaw

Ahaha, were you actively recruiting him as well? I saw you were in his top three but didn't know if you were targeting him or not.

6. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Great job. I was outplayed for sure. Your running game is great.

7. ThePaw

Thanks man, I got lucky with some of those picks though. Good luck in the season!

8. ThePaw

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Key Stats
    Russell Wilson 10/15 144yards, 2TD
    Curtis Underwood 32 carries 120 yards 3td
    Jarvis Williams-4 catches 69 yards 2TD
    Nichael Lemon 3 tackles 1 sack 1INT
    Earl Wolff 1 tackles 1 INT
    CJ Wilson 1 tackle 1 int
    Rashard Smith 2 tackles 1 INT
    Nate Irving 2 tackles 1FF

9. ThePaw

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Key 'Pack Stats
    Russell Wilson-16/32 239yards 1td 1INT
    Curtis Underwood 23att 113yards
    Brandon Barnes 5att 7 yards 1td
    Jay Smith 1catch 60yards 1TD
    Jarvis Williams 4 catches 59yards
    Owen Spencer 5 catches 58 yards
    Zach Powel 2 tackles 1FF
    Audi Augustin 4tackles 1sack
    Nate Irving 4 tackles 1FF

Coach Paw: We played very average this game...but we are a average team ratings wise. We have been playing above or ratings the past few games but I believe the 4 game away stretch to start the season is getting to us. Thank God we knocked out their starting QB for the rest of the game or we would have lost this. The first two fieldgoals we kicked we were inside their 5 yardline but could not punch it in. We have to get better at that. Next week we play Georgia Tech at Georgia Tech to end this 4 game away series, and then we finally get to play at home. It's going to be rough next week.

10. ThePaw

'Pack's second string choke away 38-17 lead; Wilson throws winning 43-yard TD pass with 10 seconds left. Pack Win 45-38

Notable Stats:Russell Wilson 21/35 385yards 4TD 2INT
    Curtis Underwood:18att 104yards
    Jarvis Williams: 5 catchs 121 yards 1TD (game winner)

Coach Paw: We were up 38-17 with three minutes left in the game, and I subbed in 2 string offense and defense. Then they just start OWNING us. They eventually get it to 38-38 with 43 seconds left...Yes, I was burning clock but it's hard to stop them when they get 2 onside kicks and I throw a INT on 3rd and 14 with backup Mike Glennon. Anyways, with 43 seconds on left I put R.W. and the first string offense back out. GT Defense bites on a huge pump fake and Jarvis Williams catches the ball and runs 43 yards to score the go-ahead and winning touchdown. Wow..........We FINALLY get to play at home this season when we play Virginia Tech next week....What a opener.

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Week 5 is your first home game? Damn...the cpu must automatically sqith home and away when they feel the need this year too sorry man

12. DC

DC Shake n Bake

thats one killer schedule!!

13. ThePaw

Yeah I know man, I don't even have a bye week this year lmao.

14. ThePaw

Home Sweet Home!
    'Pack's first quarter goal line stand sparks team and crowd. HUGE UPSET.​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Check out the four video clips!http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleStoryView&story=$0019c5d7364b_14526_6A1AFE83&dynid=83238&sku=661A0001&sid=0&wknum=4

Key 'Pack Stats
    Russell Wilson 11/22 259 yards 2TD 1INT 4carries 42 yards 2TD
    Curtis Underwood 24 carries 82 yards
    Darrell Davis 4catches 152yards 2TD *88YARD TD GRAB. RECORD BROKEN*
    Terrell Manning 4tackles 1FF
    Nate Irving 8tackles
    Brandan Bishop 5tackles 1FF

15. ThePaw

NCSU-51
    FSU-48
    3OT
    the entire time I was telling myself "there is no way i'm going to win this game". Everything went in their favor, and they were just killing me through the air. I think Ponder had over 500 yards throwing on me. In OT2 I missed a FG and I thought I was done for. I came out and sacked ponder twice and on Fourth and 20 they went for it and he overthrew a open reciever. Third OT I stopped them on the one yard line, Fourth and Goal from the one they decided to kick the FG, and I got lucky when I hit my TE for a 15 yard TD pass to win the game.. Which you can see here http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_use...8&sku=661A0001. Didn't help that I had 6 turnovers, and yes RW put up Gaudy numbers but there wasn't anything cheesy about it. I just had to pass to keep up with their explosive offensive.

ESPN Classic of 1401....#2....somehow.

16. ThePaw

NCSU-24
    Clemson-6

Clemson had three starters out with injuries including QB Kyle Parker, yet they were up 6-0 at halftime. Russell Wilson came out strong in the second half and the offense started clicking. We eventually scored 17 points including the first TD a beautiful pass to TJ Graham up the middle for a TD. We scored a garbage running TD with little time left trying to run the clock down to make it 24-6.

17. ThePaw

[​IMG]

NC State-38
    Wake-10

We had most of our recruits here and it decided to snow! Anyways, this is pretty much the perfect game for us. The defense played great, the offense had pretty decent production (besides Underwood...the running game is struggling) and we had big plays. Wake even tried to trick the pack with a fourth down fake punt pass but it was intercepted and taken back for a TD, and the next drive (if I remember correctly) they punted it and TJ Graham took it back for a TD. NC State also showed it's big play potential when Russell Wilson hit WR Owen Spencer for a 70+ TD play on a streak. The Pack looked very strong.

18. ThePaw

'Pack Keeps National Championship Hopes Alive With Tight Game Against Rival North Carolina
    [YOUTUBE]DdLgX1PFOBQ[/YOUTUBE]

There's also three other HUGE plays here
    http://www.easports.com/dynasty#module=moduleStoryView&story=$0019c5d7364b_14526_6A4CFE63&dynid=83238&sku=661A0001&sid=0&wknum=11

The Good Guys-28
    North Carolina-25
    T
    he zone actually DOES work better now. Defenders in the zone stay with the WRs. Man is pretty loose. I got beat on a couple of long balls by NC when I blitzed which I liked to see. The running game was TOUGH. I usually average 90-100 yards on the ground. I know NC State's O-Line isn't great, and I know NC's D line is sick but I couldn't get ANYTHING. It's not that I couldn't get anything on the ground it's how I was getting blown up. Defenders would just rush by my O-Line and slam me. I think I went 13att for 36 yards. I got stood up 3 times on the one yard line and I couldn't get it in. I eventually won 28-25 but I had to hold on. The CPU played very well imo. Next week we play MARYLAND.

19. ThePaw

'Pack Complete Regular Season Cinderella Story, Prepare for ACC Championship

NC State completes it's undefeated regular season. If the patch was put out before the first game we would have not win undefeated though. I thought for sure this was the game where the wolfpack were exposed. The game has gotten a lot harder for me since the patch. It was close going into halftime but in the third quarter we injured Maryland's starting QB and he's out for the season. We got really lucky this game. We threw 2 picks, but Maryland fumbled it twice I believe. Anyways, on to the ACC Championship.

NC State-34
    Maryland-10

20. ThePaw

'Pack Open 2011 Season With Big Win

#24 NC State-35
    UCONN-3

I put my backups in in the fourth quarter. It was actually decently close. I had a pick that I almost took back for a TD right before halftime so I scored on a pass play the next play. In the third quarter I intercepted a pitch for a 89 yard TD or something like that. Take away those two scores and it's 20-3. And they could have scored once or twice.

One big thing is my defensive line is TRASH. Their ratings are bad but Jesus, I could not get any pressure at all. Also, they were throwing the ball all over me. My defense is not going to be very good this year.

The running game felt GREAT. I actually had some holes and some places to maneuver. I loved it. The passing game was pretty good. I went very conservative today since we are breaking in an all new receiving core. My #2 WR now, Howard, could be my next play maker. I like him a lot.

I'm really looking forward to how the season is going to unfold.

(just copied and pasted from the score thread..hopefully it will be the last time I do that. )

21. ThePaw

'Pack Beat Rival Northwestern For Second Straight year

Russell Wilson had a hard day. The Wolfpack moved the ball well on their first two drives, but Wilson threw picks each time. One inside the ten yard line. After the first quarter it was 7-0 when Wilson hit Steven Howard for a TD pass as time expired.

"It was a relief to finally get on the board. We were moving the ball but I made stupid decisions and gave the Wildcats good position each time. Thankfully our defense came up big for us" - Russell Wilson.

After that the NC State Wolfpack did some good things offensively and defensively making it 10-0 to go into halftime. On NW's first drive in the third quarter SS Wolff intercepted a pass in the flats and took it to the endzone to put the 'Pack up 17-0.

"After that play I knew we just had to play sound football to come out of this hostile place with a win. Our defense played really well today, and so did Curtis Underwood"

A big day is right. Curtis carried the 'Pack offense today with 22 carries and 170 yards 1TD. He just came up big for us.

NC State-34
    Northwestern-14

(Game was alot closer than the scoreboard says, great game quiet.)

22. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Thanks great game Paw. At this point I owe u two home games haha