theSANDMAN215's Coaches Corner Answers ...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by theSANDMAN215, Jan 28, 2010.

1. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Feb 10, 2009
    theSANDMAN215's Coaches Corner Answers ...

Question #1 If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach in your view in the Deuce?
    JRawlins. He takes 2-star players and turns them into studs. He recruits players that I would never think of recruiting, and turns them into studs. He is a SIM player who plays fair.

Question #2 What player/coach has given you the most fits so far?

Bogey (Oregon). I beat him our first time, and even during that game I was fortunate I started with such a huge lead. I would say JRawlins and BBJ, but I play them so much, it is hard to judge them now. I still think JRawlins and BBJ are two of the top three in the league, but Bogey's running attack gives me drives me nuts.

Question #3 With your team on the brink of a undefeated season and your second national title, would that cement you as the Deuce's best player?
    Nope. In my opinion, the top three players, in no order, are JRawlins, BBJ, and Lawdog. I consider myself in the middle of the pack.

Question #4 What team have you owned so far in the Deuce?
    That's a tough question because I don't feel like I have really owned anyone in the league. I think the only player I've beaten every time is Bondzai, but some of our games are still close.

Question #5 If you could change one thing about the Deuce what would it be?
    I wish we were playing real conferences. I was all on board for the custom conferences at first, then after a few seasons, it just seemed weird having Virginia Tech vs. Pittsburgh as a SEC Conference game.

Question #6 Who is the one player that if they change this one thing they could be great?
    Another good question. The two players I know best are BBJ and JRawlins because we played in NCAA 2009 and NCAA 2010. I would have to say Mutt, but I have not played him in a while. I know when I played him in the past he would run the ball up the gut (the exact same style I play), and he did it well. I do think if he opened it up some (he may do that now), he would be unstoppable.

Question #7 What is your team's biggest strength?
    Passing. I like to run the ball, and set up the pass, however, when it comes to user games, everyone stacks the box against me, and it forces me to throw the ball.

Question #8 What is your team's biggest weaknesses?
    Without a doubt, pass defense. I've changed up the way I play defense this season, and it seems to have helped. I still give up way too many yards and points.

Question #9 Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2011?
    Better visuals, and to revamp the recruiting. Also, I am so sick of breaking the same all-time passing record each week (you can only break it once!). I really think they should do what Madden did this year, and just revamp the whole visual aspect of the game. Who the hell cares about a band that spells "WIN." Plus, get rid of the damn suction blocking the o-linemen do. My linebackers and linemen get stuck on the o-linemen and it's annoying as hell. I'm not saying I should have a sack every play, but when I blitz, the o-linemen should not be able to block everyone every time.

Question #10 Who has been your favorite player of the Deuce so far?
    Bondzai. He had a challenge running the option with GT, however, he never gives up. Big props to him.
    Also, without Drifter, I'm not sure if this league would run as smoothly.

Bonus Question -- Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?
    A couple DB's I would have liked. However, I really just forget about players that don't come to my school.

Btw, JRawlins, this is good idea. Feel free for anyone to comment on my answers. I should have been more controversial to stir up some conversation, ha.
  2. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Feb 10, 2009
    my bad, didn't realize you wanted us to post them in that thread. i'll copy and paste it over there.