These sliders are Easy Peasy Lemon Squeesy

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Old_Elkpride, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

These sliders are Easy Peasy Lemon Squeesy

After the first 2 games I felt this sentiment, but I was waiting till my third game to see if anything changed. Nothing did.

My frosh RB Jaquizz Rodgers has 691 rushing yards in 3 games. That's pretty rediculous considering that most runningbacks struggle to hit the 1,000 mark yearly.

These sliders are so offensively favored it's not even funny. I have no idea why we use 7:00 Min quarters either. The average score per game is something like 52-14. The closest game I've seen was Oregon v Washington, 34-24 but that's a pretty big outlier compared to the rest.

Maybe I'm alone on this. Maybe Jaquizz Rodgers is the next Reggie Bush. I'm not sure. But these sliders take no effort to win games. I took a Penn State team that DESTROYED Oregon State in real like to overtime and won.

The amount of break tackles is pretty insane too. Jaquizz almost hit the 20 mark I think.

I move we lower the quarter mark to 6, and lower the Break Tackle sliders HUM. These sliders need a lot of work to be a challenge IMO. Has anyone lost to a CPU yet?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Do you run outside every play? Option? The sliders aren't that easy, especially with a young quarterback.

Slowly I am starting to think that this really isn't the league for you, brah.

3. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Thinking the same thing.

4. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

I run a combination of stretch, dives, counters, and more with Oregon State's playbook. I don't run the option, and it's tougher to run outside but if you run up the middle or between the tackle/guard I'm getting about 6 yards a pop. Even my backup is averaging 6+ yards per carry.

I'm loving the league, and am not trying to offend anyone. I just don't feel challenged by the CPU and it doesn't look like others are being challenged by the CPU either. Simply looking for some insight to see if you guys were finding the same things I was.

My Beavers are 3-0 and I'm having fun. I just think some of the scores are becoming rediculous. Look at everyone's game this week. I think everyone scored atleast 40 some points.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I don't TOTALLY disagree with you. The sliders that I proposed months ago, which led to us going to Heisman, were deemed too difficult. Even after these sliders were introduced and some lost to the CPU, some felt they were still too difficult. It is impossible to please everyone.

I think that your amazing stats might have to do more with play selection and the fact that Rogers is likely superman on these rosters.

6. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

Perhaps, I just feel they're too offensively oriented. At this pace Jacquizz Rodgers will rush for 2,200 yards. That's pretty insane for a freshman halfback if you ask me.

I haven't gotten into the meat of conference play yet, nor have I played a user. Perhaps I should have saved judgement after several more NCAA weeks.

Don't get my wrong, I'm loving this dynasty. I just don't want an easy game every time I play the CPU. I want a challenge, but hopefully that comes with the likes of USC and maybe even Oregon :D

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Let me see if I understand this:

If I'm right, your team is rated somewhere in the mid to upper 80's. Penn State is a 91, I think. You go 6 overtimes and get the win (on your field, if I remember correctly) and one blowout is enough evidence for you to say we need to change things for you? I'm not sure I'm following.

Anyway, the current sliders went into use a while back, after a change from AA sliders, which is what we started with. Being a league for casual gamers, we started at a relatively low difficuly and moved up from there. We may move further, but that's not likely to happen when the guys with 3 games under his belt says so. The guys with 35+ games will probably determine that. I think we might want to pay a little attention to the size of our britches. ;)

Now, running is a bit easy, and CPU running is a bit too weak, if you ask me. If we want to make adjustments, I'll listen. But we're not a bunch of stick jocks around here, and we try to keep our stats within reason. Just because we can do something doesn't mean it's OK that we do. Sim matters. Keep that in mind. If Rogers' yards are coming in the fourth quarter of a blowout, expect the boys to razz you endlessly about it.

Also, the last few guys I remember saying this kind of thing got flat-out owned in their first user games. Be careful you don't paint yourself a nice big fat bulls eye. You're going to meet some serious players before you claim the title, my friend, and they may find you easy peasy to run through. Win the Pac-10, and maybe you'll have some weight to throw around.

Still, I like the confidence. I just sense a rude awakening coming.

AG

8. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

Yes, I'm very eager for my first user game which is USC. I've just been in several online dynasties and have never been able to run so easily. Rogers had 299 yards on the ground.

Hopefully I come to play against USC. They will be tough, but I think we have the athletes to pull off the upset.

Perhaps I am in for a rude awakening. I'm just saying looking at the scores maybe the quarters are too long or maybe the sliders are too easy. People seem to be doing fairly well vs the CPU. I know my arguments don't hold much weight, just seeing if other guys were experiencing similiar things.

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The quarter length is designed so we can compete for defensive awards and such. Six minute quarters would curb the offenses a bit, and maybe that is a good thing, but none of us would have nearly enough tackles to be up for end of year awards and such, except for some of the FS guys.

If we can get the sliders right, 7 minute quarters gets us closer to a realistice number of plays. Right now, the average college game has about 35 more plays that what we average, and we still light up the offensive stats. Tighter D would be my preference, and longer, not shorter quarter length. But we don't have the right settings to think about that just yet.

But it is something we keep in mind.

10. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

Agreed, but it's a pick your poison situation IMO. Either you add length to the quarters to get a more realistic number of plays, but the scores go flying up. Or you can lower the quarters but the number of plays is very low but the scores do become more realistic.

I don't know which is better. Just conveying my thoughts. Thanks for listening Archie and Basis

11. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

When appropriate, I'd be in favor of tightening up the sliders to make things more difficult for our offenses. But this probably needs to be a healthy majority kind of thing.

Similar to the advance pace, it's one of those issues where we need to give consideration to the founding principles of the OFFL. This is not meant to be an expert's league.

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Problem is, every time we crank up the D, the mad scientists around here find ways to pick it apart. It's like designing spyware protection - the offenses are always just a step ahead.

I say we let the CPU play with 12 :cool:

13. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

Oh I just came up with the perfect scheme to beat the 12 man defense... we need to fix the sliders.

Lol I get your point. Yeah I'm just saying when it's easy to do things like running the football you don't have to try very hard. I felt like I could just keep running run plays of all different kinds and get 5 yards a pop.

I'm fine with them now. But when Rodgers wins the Heisman and rushes for 2000 some yards I wanna hear no complaining. :D

14. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Like AG said, if we make the CPU defense better, it will only punish those of us that aren't stick-jocks. They will still find a way to destroy the CPU every time.

15. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I'm not one to talk after letting Allen go for 262 in week 1, but this is where personal discretion comes into play. Just because Rodgers CAN go for 2000 doesn't mean you should let him. That's what seperates this league from a lot of others. We like realistic stats and sometimes the only way to get them is to make a substitution, take a knee, etc.

I'm on board for a 12-man defense.

16. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Props to the new guy for speaking up and then taking the heat and the bulls eye...That's alot to take on in one sitting...lol

I hope you break 3,000 yards this season!;)

17. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Dude, relax a little. Confidence is great but coming in as the youngest player in the league, by quite a few years I imagine, and crudely ripping apart some of the core components of our league is downright annoying.
    As far as the stats with Rogers, I agree with Basis theory that it has a lot more to do with the types of plays you run rather than the sliders. I had 99 overall Knowshon Moreno and ran 25 - 30 times a game and my stats stayed relatively realistic because I ran him between the tackles often. I'm sure if I bounced it outside every play I could have ripped off 3 or 4 50+ yard gains nearly every game but that wouldn't be the sliders fault, it would be mine for taking advantage of the AI.

18. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Most of the user teams in the dynasty are among the highest rated teams in the country so it is not too unrealistic that they would roll over these non conference opponents.

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    I'm just saying, you have a whole roster full of running backs for a reason.

I am having the same situation with Joe McKnight. I averaged 15 ypc last game, and I am over 11 I think for the season. That is running up the middle or off tackle (not taking the corner) for the vast majority of his carries.

That is why Stephon Johnson/CJ Gable/Tyler have more carries combined than McKnight, unless I am mistaken.

In a close game though, I would probably tear up the field with him. 97 speed is FAST.

Alot of it depends on team talent too. I have been beaten with C/B teams by the computer on these sliders (by better teams).

20. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    And I thought it was Easy Peesy Rice and Cheesy

21. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

Juggernaut, I'm not trying to rip apart the building blocks of what got the league to where it is now. I'm just curious on how it was decided and how others feel about it. I haven't been here long at all, so simply trying to get insight.

I'm RARELY bouncing it outside. These are between the tackles nearly 90% of the time.

But that's what I'm trying to say. I slider set where you have to try to not excel is pretty boring. I wanna have to work for a 100 yard rushing game, rather than sit there and run between the tackles and get 299 yards in one outing, but that's just me.

I'm a noob here lol. I'm not gonna have much say or weight in arguments or big changes. I'm just trying to get the gist of what, where, when, why, how, ect. all the rules were decided upon.

Again, hopefully no hard feelings. But as a Notre Dame fan, I don't think too highly of scUM. :)

22. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I agree with JBlitz, you are a guest here, and for you trying not to sound cocky, you certainly sound like you are. Congrats on running the ball. If you beat USC or Ohio State, hell, even Oregon by more than 14 then you can shoot your mouth off. Until then just chill on the whole, look at me run, hear me roar deal. GO NOLES.

23. Old_Elkpride

Old_Elkpride Walk On

I'm not trying to claim I'm some expert at NCAA. I'm trying to claim that I'm not good at running the ball, it's my weakness and my RB has 691 yards in three games.

I'm just striving for the best slider set possible. If the majority of the league feels that this is the best sliders set, then I can sleep at night.

Just looking for reactions to these sentiments and to see if people were experiencing the same thing. I'll shutup now, thanks guys for your help.

24. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think the sentiment the guys are trying to gently get across is that the new kid, who is also the young kid on the block, just titled his thread something that can easily be read as "I'm too hella good for this league". I'm sure this isn't what you meant, but it can be read that way, and with no history here, some guys might read it that way. Some guys are reading it that way.

The slider discussion is probably a good one. We could use a little tweaking, I think. We all know ways to rack up huge stats. We just don't use them. Sim play rules the roost around here, and stat-padding ruffles feathers. The guys are probably feeling that these issues are going to come up, and they're reacting to you because of it.

Just sit back, let the weeks come and go, keep your stats sim, and make suggestions whenever you want. "These sliders are beneath me" is not a suggestion. It's a bit of a slap, and it isn't the first. That's why you're getting heat. It's all good, though. It will work itself out.

AG

25. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I have USC by 12.