Things I'm learning about this game.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by QBKILLAR, Jul 19, 2012.

1. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

Just a disclaimer I really enjoy the game but I'm about to bitch about a couple of things and see where you guys stand.

1. You can get zero pressure with the defensive line. This is my biggest issue because the one's of you that I have played know I like to user a DT or DE to get pressure and make you hurry up on a pass and maybe make a mistake. Only playing with a linbacker now so it's a learning curve for me.

2. Precision Passing seems to be a pipe dream. Remember on some of the videos we EA put out saying that if a DB/LB was running the route in front of your receiver you were suppose to be able to stop your receiver by putting it behind him... I cant make it work. (If you can please let me know so I can hit the practice fields with your advice) This goes along with the touch pass. Seems as though a touch pass is just the old lob pass and it floats forever.

3. The zone defense is non existant. Seems to have some to do with the D line not being able to get any pressure. A good player can take 7-10 seconds on a 4 man and even sometimes 5 man rush. Then if you cant find an open receiver then just exit the pocket because the field will be open for a QB run. We are back to the days of NCAA 11 where about all you can run is man and man may even be a little to effective.

4. Speed still matters and trucking still sucks. Really thought after the demo that it would be possible to grab a power back and control a game but I was wrong. The stiff arm was awesome in the demo but it must have had to do with the difficulty level. And the speed is huge especially on D. Just grab a fast CB and even if the WR gets a great release he cant open any space 99% of the time.

Allright guys I'm done and again I'm enjoying the game just having to really adjust the way I play so sometimes I say bad words while I'm playing. If you didnt know me you might think I have a horrible case of turrets when I'm playing this. I'm all quite then a F bomb just comes out of no where. Again there are good things about the game I'm just concentrating of the one's that irritate me right now.

You guys have anything to add to this.

2. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

I agree with 1 and 3, I love sending only 4 when I can, and they just patty-cake with the OL most of the time. Of course, the CPU defensive tackles just do the "The person blocking me is a child, and I shall move him to the side and keep moving" animation. I find that zone does need some work (it may be the players, but I've seen some pretty lame zone D and UVA is pretty good), but usually when you're in the right playcall, you'll get a physical play on the receiver where they drop the ball.

2 is a hard one, because I can attest to touch passes being in the game - they're just difficult to execute. You really just have to practice timing your button press/release between tapping and jamming it. I haven't done much with leading receivers away from their man in man D, because I don't dare risk it in a game. Can't really attest to 4, because all of my RBs are the same style, jack of all trades.

EDIT: Also, there (finally) is an emphasis on better receivers actually performing better. In years past, I would go out of my way to get big numbers from outside guys, when the much more effective was way to use your slots. Now, you really can feel a better receiver, and if you read the footwork of the opposing DB correctly, you can trust that they'll get open. A lot of my inside players can't shake man coverage as easily.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  3. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

I totally agree with number 1. I never really took precision passing that seriously. My team is terrible ratings wise but it is something i have noticed in all of the games i have played whether on all-american or heisman. But the CPU always has a way of dominating your offensive line. number 3 i haven't really noticed because that's the only thing my team really excels at defensively.

Something i have hated for years, is the jump the snap feature.. It's the single most frustrating part of playing the CPU, The CPU is always trying to do it and there is no effective way to counter it. Hard counts never work because then it is usually a false start, there is no way to red it, and it makes the overall offensive experience frustrating..