Things left to be hashed out..

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by RynoAid, Aug 21, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Things left to be hashed out..

I'll be setting up the new franchise tonight.

We will be posting information on

- Free Agency
    - Trades
    - Settings
    - Coach Responsibilities
    - Web Site
    - Sigs

All this weekend. So hang in there, until then.. i need to see 3 pre-season games from EVERYBODY.

My thoughts

- Free Agency - I vote We use the age/tag based system... i will post details of it. It's very easy to track and keep up with for everybody.
    - Trades - First year i say we limit it to 3 transactions/players with a trade deadline by week 3.
    - Settings - All Pro 8 min qtrs no accelerated
    - Coach Responsibilities - Winning coach posts recap, losing coach replies with his summary.
    - Web Site - User accounts setup
    - Sigs - Got alot of work to do.... :HoosierHoo:

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Only other thing is the pre-season free agency. How are we working that out? Draft with order being determined by team overalls (ie worst gets to pick 1st, etc). Alot of teams have holes they need to fill pre-season. For example, I only have 2 QBs on my roster, and they game doesn't allow me to put anyone but my K or P as my 3rd QB. In playing a pre-season game against Cole the other night, both my QBs got hurt and Ryan Lindell was running the show. That's cant be!

And again, email me with whatever you need to discuss, me to vote on, etc.

Michaelgsalvia@aol.com

will have my blackberry with me all weekend

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ryno: just as an FYI I don't have time to be playing a lot of extra games right now. I got my bowl game with Georgia to play today/tonight which will be a priority. I played a game against Juggs but I can't see getting another scrimmage in for a couple of days at the very least. I'm simming all games that might come up in my side league, etc. Just letting you know. When the opportunity to play a couple comes my way I'll do it.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

My thoughts

- Free Agency - I vote We use the age/tag based system... i will post details of it. It's very easy to track and keep up with for everybody.

Sounds good

- Trades - First year i say we limit it to 3 transactions/players with a trade deadline by week 3.

Week 3 seems early but 3 transactions is easily enough, very few trades go down in the NFL.

- Settings - All Pro 8 min qtrs no accelerated

I like this. I liked the accelerated clock in some respects but overall it causes a bit of frustration.

- Coach Responsibilities - Winning coach posts recap, losing coach replies with his summary.

Sounds good

- Web Site - User accounts setup

Not so sure on this. I do know that I won't have time to do recaps other than a quick post for my Seahawks as you described above there...., much as I love them. T1 takes up that time, for this I just want it to be play/post a quick recap, and have that be the end of it.

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

but im sure others in the league will treat this with more attention than the NCAA so it's important to give everyone a WP login and explain how to put up a blog for their team.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Absolutely, good point.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

im bouncing back and forth on the accerated clock.. im leaning towards it, simply because.. you give guys 30 seconds to read the defense before the play on SLOW game speed and it's going to be tough sledding for defenses.

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

makes sense

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I can get with that. When I played Madden (I've no interest other than in this league) I was pretty frustrated with the accelerated clock. The LT and RT have always made things sluggish on the 360 to some extent and I still haven't gotten used to that after all these years. Simply audibling a guy to block shouldn't be so time consuming. I'll have to get faster at it if this is the direction we go.