Things to nail down / discuss before launch

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Rosters:

- May be waiting for OS community rosters. Not sure.

Sliders:

- Working...

Coach progression setting:

- Option 1: Go with slow and max out a single coach tree in ~15-20 seasons

- Option 2: Go with normal speed and force users to upgrade the trees evenly (or within 3 levels of each other for example). Another option is to have the first season or two open and then force equal leveling. You will reach level 10 the first season and likely level 15-16 in season 2. Then average 4 levels over the next few seasons.

A few other notes:

- It appears that small schools are definitely usable. Only problem is that rushing the ball seems to be a bit too easy and there are still high profile recruits that can go untouched by the CPU (Bubba McDowell). Also, dumping 10k points in the offseason will almost guarantee winning a big fish prospect over a larger school who maybe can't spend all of their 10k on that player. So, some restrictions may be needed.

2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Just some of my thoughts:

Rosters: Wait for OS Community rosters. We have enough to work out as is.
    Sliders: Obviously run defense needs a bump. I'd argue pass rush needs to go up, and catching needs to go down. That's all I can say for sure need work at this point. I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say.
    Coach Progression: As long as the commissioner can check on other skill trees (which I believe you can), I say #2

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I like option 1 for Coach progression. Will force users to make a decision on where they want to go, and give everybody a different style.

You know how I feel about small schools :)

4. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Rosters......wait for OS.
    Sliders....you know how I feel about them.
    Coach Progression....like Peench said..as long as the commish can check every coaching tree....then I don't care which option we use.
    Small schools......I've said b4 that I think the best time we had in the Deuce was when we were using the MAC and that other conference. Everyone was struggling for wins against the CPU....but I'm down for whatever is decided.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:

Everyone is likely going to just max out the recruiting tree.

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

we already picked schools and small schools with this group is a bad idea as you don't want middle tennessee state playing north texas in the nc title game routinely.

i say just pick a speed and go all in. or don't allow them at all.

rosters--ehhh

sliders- run defense def needs a bump..

7. I Peench

Agreed 100%, but I'm happy wiht whatever the group decides.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

The only reason I like the small schools is because like Khaalis said that's the most fun I've had playing in the Deuce. Outside of Bubba most of us were struggling on the recruiting trail and to win games.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

thats because we were in it only for 2-3 yrs before we moved.

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Many of us didnt want to move...

I prefer the small schools, but whatever on that front. I think there is a 50/50 split on small school-big school preference.

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i am just saying if we didn't move our schools were starting to move up on recruit list and most us us were in the top 25.

12. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Dont really care about what we do with the coach progression. The only real differences will be how we spend our offensive and defensive points. No one will use the game management tree unless forced to. I honestly wish there was more trees to choose from, but its a cool system for the 1st year implemented. Another alternative is to have us all start at a certain level, and set it to normal speed. Not sure if you considered that. Say start at level 5 or something.

As for sliders... I've played about 10 games so far and my observations are below. We don't want to make things easy obviously, but realism should factor into our discussions:

• CPU Catching is dumb. They catch everything in tight coverage and when you lay a hit on them, they dont drop it. Even the scrub WR hang onto everything.
    • With this QB accuracy on both sides its easy to thread the needle. The CPU QBs especially just dont miss. I want to say the coverage can be tightened up, but as mentioned above, they are still hitting guys in tight coverage.
    • Kick power across the board needs moved down
    • The pass protection on both sides of the ball needs a bit of work. Sacks feel a bit too easy

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    After some more testing with small schools, you are able to out level them with coaching skills fairly fast. So once you unlock a larger point bank or raise the cap of points/week, they are done.

Also, CPU isn't competitive for the 3 and 2 star players that are actually good.

So they are out of the question.

14. I Peench

I just saw that the OS rosters won't have any player rating adjustment, which is the main reason I would've wanted to wait for them. I say we just roll with the first decent named roster file, provided all the other details have been panned out (sliders and coach progression rate/rules)

15. PAgamer07

Os rosters will be out by 11th I thought. Named not rerates

16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i would like the qb that just transferred from ok state;)

17. I Peench

They haven't given a specific date, unless I totally missed that. Last year they took a while, but they did re-rates.

18. PAgamer07

19. I Peench

20. PAgamer07

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Rosters - Seeing as i've failed to pick up the College Football Preview Bible i still really only know the Buckeyes (outside of big time players) roster at this point. You could give me random names and i'd be cool.

Sliders - I'll always play with what i'm given and never complain about it.

Progression - Agree with Peench's original post

If small schools are up for grabs, count me in! I've always casually followed the MAC and smaller west coast schools since i get them a lot out here and ESPN always has mid-week MAC games. So if we're up for a re-selection, i'm down!

22. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Reading is FUNdamentsl Justin.

23. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

hard to comment on a game you dont have....

24. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

[​IMG]

25. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I've had the game for over a week and a half and I have literally played 1.5 games, no dynasty, etc.