Things We Learned - Week 2

Discussion in 'TSL A' started by Zikry, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

[​IMG]
    DISCLAIMER:*This is all for fun, so please don't take it personally*

1. The race at the bottom of the table may be more interesting than the race at the top

Analysis: If things keep on going the way they have, then expect the relegation battle to be much more exciting than the race to crown the Season 2 champions. I know it is still very early in the campaign, but compared to last year it seems that there is a very clear favorite as to who will take the crown. CSKA Moscow have been on an absolute tear to begin the season, as shiftee really seems to have his team firing on all cylinders, with his one "slip up" to date was a 2-2 draw against last year's champions, Hamburg. With 18 goals scored and 5 against in 6 games, it seems like only a matter of time before he pulls away from the trailing pack of teams behind him.​

2. Hamburg are going through the dreaded "championship syndrome"

Analysis: Did someone forget to mention to Hamburg that season 2 has already started? 1 win, 3 draws, and 2 defeats is NOT the way Broncos218 envisioned the start of the new campaign as the reigning Serie A champion. While his last game did show an improvement with the 2-2 draw against CSKA, His 6 points in 6 games will simply not get it done if he expects to repeat. This team will need to pick it up and start going on a win streak if they are to challenge for the title this year, as they are already 10 points behind CSKA.​

3. Doumbia and Vagner Love are the most lethal duo since these 2...
    [​IMG]

Analysis: Not much to say here really. Doumbia leads the league with 9 (yes NINE goals in 6 games) while Vagner Love has totaled 7 in those first 6 games as well. Those 16 goals account for all but 2 of CSKA's goals to date. The next person on the scoring list? Saha with 4...​

4. Wolfsburg manager TdotMindset is the bookies favorite to be the first one to lose his job

Analysis: Over the past week reports have surfaced that the leaders on the team have not seen eye-to-eye with their head coach. Diego has come out and publicly criticized their coach's style of practice, which the Brazilian quite bluntly stated as being "a farcical approach to modern day football". Fans have been vocal in their displeasure of being locked out of practice sessions, as the head coach sees them as an unwanted distraction, and with 2 points from 4 games the team still has a chance at righting the ship with 2 games in hand, but something must be done quick for the manager to enjoy his Serie A status for long.​

5. RedAL925 seems to have a new, more defensive-minded approach this year

Analysis: After the free flowing football of last year, Lille were able to finish in a very respectable top 4 position, but it seemed like their defense was not up to par with their offense. This offseason Coach Red seems to have instilled a new approach to the team, which has seen them only give up 2 goals in their first 5 games, however they have had early troubles finding the net with only 6 goals for so far. We were able to get a sneak peak at Red's team plan for this year, and this is what it consists of:​

[​IMG]

*Hope you all enjoyed this week's edition, please feel free to add comments below*​

• Like Like x 3
  2. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

lmao @ the lethal weapon pic! they don't make movies like that anymore!

3. Roger

Roger Walk On

nice read...i'm thinking about doing something like this for Serie B starting next week.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

please do!

5. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

[​IMG]

Sums up my start so far

6. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

Very funny. I was thinking more of "Tango and Cash" for an awesome pair. None the less, very well done Zikry

7. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

tango and cash was great as well! like i told zik earlier i'm gonna have a marathon of all these movies sometime soon. classics!

8. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

*With the shortened week 4 (some teams playing 2 games, some playing only 1 game like myself and shiftee) look for week 3 & week 4 things we learned to be combined and published once week 4 is in the books*

9. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

10. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

its been a hectic week...would be nice if someone else would step up and do content in here but thats asking too much i guess. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.