Things We Learned - Week 3 (Serie B edition)

Discussion in 'TSL B' started by Roger, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger

Roger Walk On

5 Things We Learned This Week
    1. 5. There's not a clear "top team" in Serie B
    - The 1st and 10th place teams are only separated by a margin of 8 points. In futbol this is not a big margin. Any team, if on a minimal winning streak, can go from floor moper to the top of the league standings in any given match week.

1. 4. VfB Stuttgart is still looking for its first win

[​IMG]

- During match-week 4 they will have a chance to do so against Werder Bremen and Spartak Moscow. Both are very tricky teams and have found ways to win and are currently sitting very comfortably in the top half of the league table and will most likely not want to let points get away that easily, especially against a team that has no points to show for. Despite this, look for an upset win by Stuttgart this week predicted by yours truly.

1. 3. Great defense does not translate to wins

- Santos FC have allowed the fewest goals after 9 games, but yet have only managed to win 3 games while losing 3 (and tied 3 games as well.) However, only 2 clean sheets have been recorded by the Santos defense. Perhaps maintaining the score against them blank could help them in the winning department as the offense has been having a hard time scoring in key moments.

1. 2. Carlton Cole from West Ham

[​IMG]

- He leads the league in goals scored with 8 tallies after 9 games, but has been on a cold streak for the last 3 games with nothing to show for. West Ham has lost two and tied one during Cole's cold streak. Coach Booger_Mac will need to get Cole involved again in that offense if they want to be succesful.

1. 1. TFL cup Draw was fixed

[​IMG]

- As argued by some Serie B managers. I will leave this at that and make another prediction: A team from Serie B will win the Cup this year.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Roger

Roger Walk On

Sorry for the short write-up and lack of creativity, but i kinda rushed this at the last second. ;)

3. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    Way to jinx me against county5 thanks a lot!

4. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

If the draw was fixed, there would be a money trail. I assure you there is no money trail.

5. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    We have a good source telling us you've been seen at McDonalds ordering from the dollar menu and paying with a GIFT CARD!!! Coincidence ? We don't think so!!! :D

6. Booger_Mac

Booger_Mac Walk On

Cole has been killing me lately. He's become a turnover machine. To try and get him more involved, I have him coming off the bench now early during the second half. Still no luck. Thankfully, Ba has stepped up and become a machine on the front line and has passed Cole in total goals. Ba now has 11 and has scored in seven straight games. If I can get Cole going again and Ba continuing his play, my front line will be ready for the home stretch.

7. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Roger - what have we learned?

8. Roger

Roger Walk On

we learned that i am a slacker and work has had me busy this past week. I will try to pick this up again next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.