Archived Think Blue: A Dodgers Blog

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MoonBBad, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Welcome to your source of up to the minute Dodger news and rumors.

2. MoonBBad

Changes to the starting rotation

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    The Dodgers skipper Don Mattingly made some moves that have surprised a few folks in Los Angeles. Prospect Nathan Eovaldi has been called up and will be the Dodgers fifth starter replacing Aaron Harang who was sent to AAA. "I want to give the kid his shot. He's got great stuff, and I am excited to see what he can do at the big league level." Mattingly stated to reporters following their last spring workout before heading back to Los Angeles. "We are in compete now mode, I think he gives us the best chance to win at that fifth spot." Starter Rubby de la Rosa has also been promoted back into the starting rotation as the fourth starter sending Chris Capuano to do spot starting and work out of the bullpen with long relief work. Rubby returns following a tremendous recovery from Tommy John surgery in the offseason. Rubby has a great fastball, and was successful last season before going down with an injury.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MoonBBad

Dodgers Start off With a Win Against the Rockies
    [​IMG]
    Denver, CO -- The Dodgers started out their season with a win thanks to a big fourth inning and some smart pitching by Ted Lilly. Lilly went 6 innings where he gave up 7 hits and 2 earned runs, however had 9Ks. Lilly pitched himself into trouble a few times throughout the game, but using his experience and command of the zone he was able to pitch his way out of it without taking too much damage.​
    Dee Gordon started the flurry in the fourth inning leading off with a triple. From that point on the Dodgers were able to bat around off of 6 total hits. Scott Elbert relieved Lilly in the 7th and looked strong. Kelley Jansen came in the eighth inning and looked sharp as well fanning one batter and not allowing any hits. Javy Guerra came on in the ninth to preserve the win. Another note, Dee Gordon had two triples on the day.​
    Player of the Game
    Juan Uribe​
    2 for 4 1 Run 3 RBI 1 HR​

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  4. MoonBBad

Dodgers Down Giants
    Move to 3-1 on the Season​
    [​IMG]
    Jerry Hairston Jr rounding third after hitting a go ahead HR in the 8th Inning yesterday​
    Los Angeles, CA -- The Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw certainly didn't start the season the way he wanted to. Last year's Cy Young winner was roughed up for four runs in the first inning of his first start this season. "Yeah, I had some nerves out there, new season, and it showed. Luckily I was able to settle down, and the boys had my back tonight and we got the W." Kershaw gave up four runs in the first inning, however was able to come back and pitch scoreless ball the rest of the way. He finished with 5 hits 1 walk and 8Ks in 6 innings of work.​
    The Dodgers bullpen continued to look good with Josh Lindblom, Scott Elbert, and Javy Guerra all contributing to the cause and pitching scoreless ball. The Dodgers were able to start to chip away at the four run Giants lead in the fourth inning when Andre Ethier lined to left for a single, and AJ Ellis doubling on a ground rule double to put two men on for James Loney to drive them in. Loney has been impressive so far this season and is batting .385 with two doubles and three RBIs in just four games.​
    The Dodgers got another run in the fifth inning off of off a Matt Kemp single to score Kershaw who was able to get to second base off of an error by the Giants. In the 7th inning AJ Ellis was able to get it going reaching first on a fielding error by Crawford. Lindblom laid down a nice sacrifice bunt to advance Ellis to second, and Uribe with his ground out was able to move him to third. With two outs Jerry Hairston Jr who was playing for Dee Gordon who was ejected arguing a call earlier in the game was the hero hitting a two run HR to give the Dodgers the lead. The bullpen was able to come in and hold on to preserve the win. ​

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.