Third time's cursed for both LSU and Georgia

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Third time's cursed for both LSU and Georgia

Georgia beats LSU 34-16 on the 3rd try. We tried last night twice and got disconnected both times.

The first game was a muddy, rainy, defensive battle and LSU was winning 10-3, with Georgia having the ball as the game disconnected early in the third quarter. We were losing the field position battle and getting out muscled by LSU pretty badly.

The second game was more wide open, Georgia had a slim 24-21 lead despite giving LSU a 7-pt lead to make up for the first game. There were kickoffs returned for touchdowns, blown coverages, what have you.

Going into the third game, I knew only two things. I had to play better, and and Mike Anderson was a dead man. I told this to Rusty last night. There's no way you play LSU three times and don't have your best player get a season ending injury.

The good news was my team was on fire this time. We pushed LSU around the field pretty good, capitalized on the turnover opportunities, and got out to a big lead that allowed us to coast in the second half. The bad news: Mike Anderson is out for the season. Anderson had the sickest run I've seen one of my players do in the second disconnect, a 40-yard slash and dash, breaking tackles and juking guys right up the middle of the field. In this game he had an early touchdown run and a 13 yard gain, then a bunch of losses before getting his shit wrecked on a carry in the first quarter. Out for the season with a torn shoulder muscle.

We had a 10-0 lead when Anderson went down and our defense simply carried us through. Backup RB M. Peters went 58 yards right after the injury, making it 17-0, then we kicked a field goal to take a 20-0 lead going into the half.

We got the ball first in the second half and couldn't do anything, but then on LSU's possession John Smith intercepted Shepard (one of four Shepard int's on the day) and returned it 58 yards for a touchdown. LSU was able to get on the board with a 1-yard touchdown run just before the fourth quarter.

Joe Dixon intercepted a pass and went 30 yards for a touchdown midway through the fourth, which put the game out of reach at 34-7.

As I told Ryno sometimes I think if it's two evenly matched players 75% of the game is how the teams play independently of us... And it wasn't close in the third try, LSU just didn't play too well. He felt like his game plan was out the window after four quarters of scrimmaging, which I can understand.

I'd take a loss in this game to have Anderson back.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Losing anderson definitely hurts but you have more than enough team to make up for his loss

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

3 times can be tough..especially after 4 quarters of play you guys had both seen what eachother had to offer.

How long is the injury for?

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL foshie skimming the summary.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Great job getting it in......I would have so pissed after the second disco...I would have gave the person the win.