This Game

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Dec 12, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Just played UF vs Vandy and I'm amazed at this games AI. Couple things I'll note:

1) I run a spread attack w/3-4 WRs every play. Vandy lines up in 4-3 every time. Even after I've passed for 200+ and 4 TDs in the first half, they never changed. They continue to play 4-3. WTF EA, does this game have absolutely zero AI? Wouldn't you think the CPU would adapt?

2) All season I've noticed if I call an option play or sweep from the shotgun sets the defense comes out in 4-3 and what do they do? Before even getting to the LOS, they have their LBs audible out wide. I wonder what could possibly tip them off to this besides they know my playcall. Anyone else notice this?

3) @Shaun Mason I saved a highlight to the dynasty wire. There's only one. You can see a average DT destroy my G like he was a midget trying to stop a fat man trying to get to a buffet. This is the issue I run into with trying to run from the shotgun. Beyond that, it's the fact that the defenses LBs and secondary attack so hard down hill they are in my backfield before I can hand it off. I honestly think it's just glitches in the game, but I wanted you to see what's happening if you haven't seen it before.

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I have definitely seen this on more than one occasion

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I've seen all of these, I just don't know how to fix it.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Gents,

As this is the only NCAA OD I am apart of, I have to ask if other TSO NCAA ODs are consistently consumed by threads of this nature. Between this post, the random others and a slider discussion that never ends, it leaves me wondering. Please, by no means should be a taken as shots at anyone, that's not who I am.

5. GoGators

TSO???

I get extremely frustrated by the EA development team and usually rant quite a bit about these games. It let's me vent my frustrations. That is all. I try not to bash EA, but I don't think I say anything that isn't true.

@Shaun Mason

After playing this game for this long, I don't think you can fix any of them. I think they are all glitches in the programming.

#1 & 2 - I think that EA needs to reconfigure their gameplan strategies. If you think about it, the CPU sets its gameplan strategy just like a user can from the OD menus. (note, I'm talking about the screen where you pick your playbook and set your sub rate, etc in the OD, not the in game gameplan settings). These are set for the entire year and that is pretty stupid.

So a team has it's defensive settings to stop the run or play it aggressively for the entire year. Then, said team plays an air raid team and they get shredded because the CPU has set this team to play the run 70% of the time rather than the pass. It'd make so much more sense if these settings would change dependent upon that weeks opponent.

I think it'd be simple to fix too. For example, the cpu could look at individual unit ratings for their opponent. Say they are as follows QB B+, HB A, WRs B+. Then the CPU could set their gameplan to stop the run first since this is their opponents strength.

However, all of this could be averted if the AI would freaking adapt to situational factors like 2nd and 3rd and long for crying out loud.

#3 - I think the RG is programmed to block like it's a double team but the C doesn't help. Instead he goes to the MLB or the NT leaving the DT with an easy swim move to the backfield. Nothing we can fix here either.

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Gators just likes to rant.:)

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

I've noticed #2 way too much, I think after you run the play a couple times the AI magically knows. I enjoy running to the outside and counter more than up the gut and every time I do their linebackers are all over me, which had forced me to go up the gut more often which I have no problem with just not usually my first choice because my HB aren't that great at breaking past the buffet busters.

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Running outside is aided by having a fast back...duh.

9. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I noticed the linebackers and safeties lining up on the side of the ball I was going to run when I was with Nebraska. To me it wasn't that big of a deal, but then I played CPU controlled Georgia (autopilot) tonight and on back to back plays on the goalline the safeties and linebackers went to the side I was running the ball. However, I ran a play on the tackle strong side, and all the defense was lined up on the weak side and I gained about 20 yards. It is unclear why the defense was lined up on the weakside, when it should have been clear I was running on the strong side.

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Not trying to hijack anything here, but i do like to read this forum.

Curious if you could log into the game as a CPU team and take ownership for long enough to swap the D gameplan to a multi D so and then go back to your team if the CPU would use that to mix and match the D to the O rather then sticking with the base set all game long.

Maybe try it in the main conferences you play in for the cpu teams and see if it would work.

11. GoGators

I may be wrong, but I recall someone mentioning that when you try to do this, the game has coaching carousel code written into it which stops it from sticking. So for example, if I'm Coach KSherm at UF and I switch to the HC job at UGA, I kick the UGA HC out of a job. Then, the CPU assigns his playbooks and settings to UF since that's the job that is open. When you switch back, the same thing would happen. I think you could work around it, but you'd have to identify the coach you wanted to take over the cpu teams in conference and use a six degrees of separation type carousel to move that guy to the school you want while putting the shitty gameplanned coach at the non conference school.