This has got to go. The time for change is now!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

This has got to go. The time for change is now!!

This clearly a PC rule, OMFL has adopted the change and I think its about time to do it here. I feel like a sitting duck when I just stand there while other teams pound it down my throat. Shift my line and LB'ers is ok but at times you need to only move one player, bring the Free saftey down for run support instead of having him 10 yards off the line of scrimmage when the distance is only called for 1. In the Titans/SF it was a excellent played game w/movement.

I think we clearly play the CPU too much to consider this rule and I also wonder out of all the CPU's game's some owners have played how many people did not move a man manually before the snap?

This is like my 3rd time bringing it up I know, but its hard to judge if your opponent is doing it and its hard to control your CPU from doing it when you don't want it done.

2. adross33

adross33 Walk On

I agree ... you CAN move a defensive player WITHOUT being a nano blitzing cheese baller ... and agree part 2 ... you just get run the F over sometimes in this game without helping out in the box .. the blocking can be outstanding and basic sets don't stop it ....

3. scarface

scarface Walk On

so you bring your safety down and I hit my WR over the top over and over and over that makes for a great game?

so you want to be able to move whoever you want to wherever you want? but thats not cheese shit football?

]BTW THIS ISNT THE OMFL!!!

4. Kan

Kan Walk On

I don't move my LB before snap vs CPU or Humans.

5. gt86

gt86 Walk On

i think the rule is fine the way it is, played this way for year and years and i have to no problem in stopping th erun.

To be honest I'm tired of hearing how it needs to be removed, the only reason anyone wants this changed is so they can move someone pre snap to get quick pressure or change the defense you called at the play calling screen.

getting where i'm about ready to tell people if you don't like our rules then leave.

6. adross33

adross33 Walk On

Nice post scarface ... real adult-like discussion skills ... no one said anything about click and place .. and dude no one said anything about letting you lob it down the field all game ... He simply stated the game has changed since the rule book was written and sitting their while a power formation runs over you without being able to bring up a LB in a GAP .. gee, i don't know ... like, say Football .... isn't very realistic .... so save your childish post for some other forum and participate like a big kid next time ....

7. coachgaddy

You can say that scar but I really don't believe you would even attempt it against players like (Tankwillis,Trude and Adross). Scar its like your still listening to 8 tracks and we all have cd players now. We are talking about a glitch from 1998 and its 2010.

I can understand you selecting the option to show blitz and take the FS and cheat more to the left side of the field from where he came rather than just stand flat footed in the middle of the field giving up the sidleline fly route. I can understand when the offense overloads the right side, so you shift your lineman to that side and pinch the LB, then take you weak side LB and line him up more outside to prevent the cut back run rather that stand flat footed with a tackle have a free angle to block him out of the play cause the other player knows he made you commit heavily to the strong side.

Bottom Line, there are 23 straight owners in Mega and none of them play with cheese.

8. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

It's a league rule, not a PC rule. If you want to move a safety into the box, you can play a 4-6, or use the Show Blitz audible to drop players down. We don't have any reason to change it when the game offers ways to adjust. Controlling the defense is not hard at all with the play reset audible. If we see a reason to change the rule, we will, but as of right now I don't feel there is enough of a reason to.

Regarding CPU games, I'm adding a few owners to fill the gaps. We had intended this first year to get our PC community adjusted to this game, so we were pretty restrictive in the owners we added. I don't plan on having any CPU teams by the end of the year, but owner quality is more important to me right now than a warm body and a heartbeat.

9. coachgaddy

GT, you just said things that straight up sim players do. Move 1 player presnap to get pressure or to show you a fake play only to run back into your zone.

Listen I'm not one to start trouble or anything but I'm not going to lie. I could have sworn people are moving their player around on me all game pre-snap. I also know people have seem me highlight Willis then next thing he is between the guards or outside the tackles and they are like he is moving players. Tank accused me of it when I wasn't and I accused Truth when he wasn't.

10. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

I'll play by whatever rules there are - a great league regardless. But I agree with coach. I'd like to have freedom to move guys on obvious run downs, when I am blitzing or bluffing a blitz, etc. And if i get burned deep then I learn my lesson.

I'd also like to say that guys who pick 3-4 teams, but prefer to run with a 4-3 playbook(fthe packers for example) should be able to run with guys like kampman at de instead of lb.

My 2 cents. Hope that we can have reasonable discussion without guys getting pissy and telling owners to take it or leave it. I have played nothing but great games with everyone I've played, and I think the owners make for the great games, not so much the rules. In other words I think if I played the same 4 or 5 guys without these rules the games wouldn't change that much because we are all SIM players anyways.

Great league and hope we can discuss things w/o people getting upset with different opinions/views.

11. scarface

scarface Walk On

first and foremost i can play madden very well read d's very and counter what other people do very well.
    As far as having a "smart" discussion is there really one to be had here? MEGA's rules are what they are there is a reason we/MAGS have the rules we have in place, this isny ompl or any other league this is the MEGA league and its rules are what they are if you dont like it then you know what you can do as far as I am concerened, I hate playing the CPU but I rather play the CPU than a cheeser, not saying anyone here is a cheeser but you should get the idea.

BTW I NEVER move my guys presnap I may shift my d line or LB's PER MEGAS rules but I never move a guy presnap, and played this way for YEARS and have done quite well.

NOW as for your quote about me lobbing it all game I will hot route my WR's ALL DAY To streak if I see a guy move his safety I will do it EVERY time I see him move the safety up to the line EVERY TIME!!!
    Same if a guy moves his LB's I am going to hot route a guy to go to that spot to catch a pass , if that means my HB gets 20 catches then so be it,
    Dont like it??? then stop moving your guys around.
    I will and can counter whatever people may bring to the table so be aware of that when you decide to move guys around against most of us in MEGA.
    I have been in MEGA since it started and I am sure Ill be here longer than you ever will be adross, I may not speak how you like but I tell the truth, I speak my mind, not my fault if you dont like it, most times my posts are short and to the point.

12. scarface

scarface Walk On

and MEGAS rules keep it that way.....

13. scarface

scarface Walk On

We now have the ability to save replays maybe try and catch guys doing this if you think they are doing so.

14. Mags

Regarding the earlier post with the 3-4 vs 4-3 DE/OLB stuff... In the past, we've had rules to allow straight position changes where we could adjust Awareness to compensate for 'learning' a new position. This is one of the limitations we have with the PS3 version. We really can't change anything.

With that said, I wouldn't be against the above scenario as long as we have decently crafted rules around it. We see it all the time in the NFL as teams change, and there are plenty of tweener types now that making the move is justified. We'd rather have the player or the base defense 'declared' per se, so it's out there and everyone understands.

These are the types of rule evolutions I'd expect to happen as we are gaining familiarity with this game, online franchise mode, and what we are given as far as tools (which is VERY little).

Good discussion, keep it up.

(y)

15. scarface

scarface Walk On

this is not something I would have a problem with at all, there is even an option PRESNAP to move OLB's to DE, in the D playbooks.

16. stealth

stealth Walk On

i dont get you guys want to move a safety on what u call an obvious run deal if so why not just call a defensive play that puts the safety closer to the line or like mags said use 4-6. I play mags this week and he stopped me 3 or 4 times on 3rd and 1s without manually moving the safety down

17. coachgaddy

I think they do drop their awareness rating if you do a position change. In another league I have Denver and Dumervil is better at DE than at LB so his ratings change based on that.

As far as Stealth question. On an obvious run deal you would do just that but on a 2nd down and the run is killing you and he is possibly setting you up for the play action pass you might want to show the early safety movement by moving him closer to the LBer's like the CPU does but without shifting the entire defense in the process. When you do the shift you move the FS to the middle, corners are now not going to play bump and run if you had them that way and the middle LB shifts over to the left. So when the play starts and you didnt call a blitz but a zone everybody is know trying to recover to get back to their original spots leaving small holes in the defense created by the CPU shift.

18. Mags

Yeah, they would in depth charts and whatnot but we're talking about an official position change, affecting ratings, salary demands, etc... Doesn't matter b/c we have no control over it in this setup.

I would, though, be in favor of a rule allowing it for just that reason.

19. PoloMD

PoloMD Walk On

I dont see the need to move any player manually, if you want your safety closer to the LOS just call do a show blitz audible bud.

LB's move alot by themselves before the snap on this game, but you can tell if they are moving by the CPU or by the human, they just move diferent.

I dont move any player manually, I do shift Dline and Lb's, i show blitz sometimes just to bluff and sometimes i really blitz, just to keep offense guessing. On offense sometimes i call a run play and i audible wr hot routes just becaue it looks cool how the qb call signals on the line and make my oponent thinks i am calling a real audible.

What i am tryng to say is that you have a lot of weapons on this game, you dont need to manually move a player to stop a team, you can do more and better things in less time than moving a player.

20. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

With myself joining your league I really try to interject when I see a good opportunity without pissing people off. This topic is a great example of why I don't speak up more. The whole take our rules or leave thing makes me wanna just shut up and let everyone else decide. Without being a part of 25+ seasons with you guys the last thing I want to do is joing and start complaining. Now last night me and coachgaddy played a great game. He thought (because of the cpu movement) that I was moving my players presnap although I was not. I felt completely helpless on defense and he did as well. In my opinion this is because we are two good players. When you play a good player it takes a little bit more then the standard madden cpu defensive setups. I like to show blitz and drop back. I dare people to throw against me in situations. There may be a play that I cheat up to show blitz only because I want that guy to "throw the ball over my head over and over" because I know my players talent and I WILL user pick that ball. Ill give one prime example at the end of this post regarding the helpless feeling on defense. Anyways, he started to move P.Willis around in the second half to control my run game from running a toss to one side. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS! I prefer that because I can now flip my run to the opposite side since I've set him up a few times running the ball the way I did to make him want to shift to a certain side. I texted him during the game when he started moving his LB and basically said that if I can't move my guy then you can't either. After the game we hopped on icq and it probably wound up prompting this topic.

my example goes as follows. btw this is just one of many instances where I feel this rule actually takes away from the game even though it is meant to be a safeguard.

the offense comes out in a standart single back formation and its a pass play. i select a nickel formation cb blitz. no matter which formation adjustment i make my safety (who plays man on the slot due to the blitzing cb) is going to play about 10 yards away from the guy his is supposed to cover. In addition to that when i do formation adjustments it is going to give away my play because the safety will line up with the slot receiver and let the other guy know my nickel back is blitzing. thats almost a reverse nano to me <-----if that makes sense at all. hehe. When it all comes down to it this is just a game and the rules are the rules. I will follow them, but with the users you guys have who came over I'm sure if there is a cheeser in the bunch now he would weed himself out over time. Thanks and just to make sure i am understood im just voicing my opinion right now. i will continue to play under whatever guidelines are in place.

21. PoloMD

PoloMD Walk On

Dont feel that way, you ideas are welcome, i have been a member of Mega for a lot of years, except the last one (i took a break), and when i posted the topic about the "no huddle offense" Scar and GT didn't like it either, they just express themselves the way they do, but they are nice people.

About the example u are talking about, you just can audible for another play.

22. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Just looked up some defensive numbers which isn't easy in the online franchise. Anyhow, I don't see why people would be complaining about not being able to stop the run when you look at...

Average Rushing Yards Against
    Ravens 52.6 avg
    49ers 54.25 avg
    Panthers 75.9 avg
    Patriots 93.0 avg
    Vikings 96.1 avg

Glad to see people discussing how they feel rather than just quit for no reason.

23. Kan

Kan Walk On

BTW, I wouldn't be against this change. I do think the AI has been adjusted for a lot of the issues that were caused by the movement of a player.

24. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

96.1 yds against! tighten it up vikes!!!

25. Mags

LOL. (y)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.