This is a friendly reminder about a class action lawsuit...

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by OMlawdog, Nov 16, 2012.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Guys, Im posting this here and I want everyone to be honest, but if you lived in:

Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

from 1999 to 2006 at any point, and bought a CPU, TV or Notebook cpu with a LCD screen, you are eligible for a settlement ranging from 50 to 200 bucks.

Guys, it takes 10 minutes to fill out, max. You don't have to provide receipts. Let me repeat that, you don't have to provide receipts. Be aware that your claims are under oath so don't be silly.

Here is the link to the webiste:

https://lcdclass.com/

FYI - I am not involved in this lawsuit what so ever, I simply filed a claim because I used to live in Mississippi, so please know Im not trying to make any money on this, because Im not. Just figured with all the gamers on here, there are probably a lot of people that own LCD TV's, monitors, and computers

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

No Kentucky

:mad:

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Hmm... I'm gonna check this out when I get home.

4. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    What is this lawsuit about? I bought an LCD TV in 2005 when I was in college in Florida. Never had any issues with it though.

5. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Somebody tell lawdog his account got hacked. Pretty sure I got this same offer form Mr. Feng Dong of Hong Kong who needed me to help him collect monies owed in teh USA.

Is this champerty and maintenance? Just doesn't feel right. But I am submitting the shit out of some claims!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. OMlawdog

http://www.mlive.com/business/index.ssf/2012/11/own_an_lcd_tv_computer_monitor.html

http://www.wjfw.com/print_story.html?SKU=20121114111621

http://thegazette.com/2012/11/15/lcd-price-fixing-settlement-filing-deadline-nears/

7. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

8. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Price fixing apparently. Idk.. personally I feel lawsuits like these and the one against EA are so frivolous. If you didnt like the price, you shouldn't have bought one IMO.

That was also around when they first started being used, shit like that is always expensive as hell the first few years they're on the market. I remember when I was freshman in highschool and my dad bought me a CD burner for Christmas (it was the right when they first became popular as well). He paid $300 for it at the time (something you can purchase now for $20). You dont see me suing them.

/rant.

9. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

Is this for real?

I bought 3 TV's, a Laptop and Computer monitor in 2001 when I went to school in Wisconsin.

10. OMlawdog

As long as they were LCD monitors, then yeah, its legit.

11. OMlawdog

Whoa, the price fixing was one thing, but the fact that EASports used players likeness and didn't compensate them was BS in my opinion, and I know we have some EA people here, but Coach K was one of my favorite video game of all time, and they had some all time teams on that game, and they didn't compensate any one associated with those teams.

Im not sure if it is legal or not, since this isn't my area of law, but it sure didn't smell right.

12. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    LMFAO

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Is maintenance forbidden by legal ethics these days?

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The reduction in price in that CD burner is due to increases in manufacturing capability. The screen price fixing implies that they arranged to skew the same downward curve that exists in every line of electronic manufacturing.

15. OMlawdog

Im not sure what Shaun is saying but Im pretty sure it has something to do with this:

[​IMG]

16. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Or any line of manufacturing period...

I submitted one anyhow... I fully anticipate some emails from a Nigerian Prince shortly...