This Is Going To Be My Last Season

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by DJ Rhude, May 19, 2009.

1. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

This Is Going To Be My Last Season

Fellas

After dwelling on it, I decided that this will be my last season at OU. I have major leg surgery scheduled for next month and will be in the hospital for about 4 days. I'm not sure what kind of shape I'll be in when I get home, so to play it safe I'm going to relinquish OU. Wanted to put this out there now, so you guys can find a replacement for me. Whoever gets OU next year will be one happy camper, I signed the #1 HB (again) and three speed demons at corner back and if T-Rob doesn't leave, well y'all know what he can do.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

What about 2010???

3. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I honestly don't know yet

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

(n)(n)(n)

5. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! j/k

<<Knocks Rhude of list of revenge :D

Good luck with the surgery man for real.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hey Rhude, best of luck to you. Hope you heal up fast. I figured you were staying due to you constantly trying to get Syracuse and we were about to do that for you! So let us know when you know.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

are you saying your unsure about joining us in 2010?

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

What are you going to do being laid up at home resting your knee?

oh yeah...lol....good luck with the surgery.....no fun.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    damn u tearing ACL's or something rhude? :(...you'll be back ;)

10. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Most likely working from home, didn't want to go on disability......trying to work that up with my job now...besides that, I'll be doing physical therapy for next 3 or 4 months and doing whatever else I need to do to get my leg healed

Ryno: I can't make that call on NCAA 2010 yet....Of course I'd love to, but it would depend on when you planned on starting.....or we gonna jump right in, or we gonna wait until the end of July or something along those lines.....the later the start date, the better chance I would have to play

But I understand you can't wait for me to decide, and you need to press on, by all means do so

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I know what he is going to go through. My Girlfriend Tore her ACL playing rugby and had it fixed. Earlier this year she tore her meniscus playing racquetball and had it fixed......pain in the arse.

12. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Nah it's a condition I've had for a long time with my legs....shit's been paining me pretty severly lately so I took my ass to the doctor to see what's up, hence the surgery needed to correct it...decided to do it cause it's a degenerative condition and I need to stay active for my kids...can't be all hobbled up and not be able to play ball with them lol

13. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Haha thanks Steel

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

wow man...this came as a surprise. i've had knee and should surgeries so i can totally relate to what your going thru and even worse, what you will be going thru with the rehab. take care of yourself, get better and come back for 2010. and when you're bored, stop by the boards and stuff still. good luck bro

15. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Thanks Juggs

Yeah I actually mentioned it awhile back, but now it's getting closer the reality is setting in. I'll still be on the forums though pretty much all I'll be able to do for awhile lol

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

So it really is "Now or Never!!!"

17. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

yeah pretty much...I lost control of my destiny with that OSU loss though.....too much of a longshot at this point, I need a lot of things to happen

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Rhude - my feelings can't speak for anybody else.... It sounds like you aren't wanting to relinquish your spot in this league. My feeling is I hope you are in the league, personally I would put OU on auto, and then give you the Cuse when we start up with '10... Maybe you only have time to recruit for a couple weeks or something (not play any games), who knows, but I want you in this thing as long as you have any interest in being in.

19. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

You're right on that, I don't want to lose my spot for 10, but I also wanted to be fair because of the uncertainy around the surgery.....I've never gone through anything like this before, so I don't know what to expect or how quickly I would bounce back.....most of it would hinge on the start time of 2010 league....if it's closer to the end of July then I will be a go

OU on autopilot is fine, thanks

Also my surgery is scheduled for June 11th so there's a small chance we may even be into year 2016 by then.......if that's the case, I would be good to go right up to the 10th of next month

20. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I am fine with an autopilot for him until he can go again. We dont want to lose good guys / owners over something as personal as this.

If he wants to stay on I say we can make it happen until he is back on his feet and can rejoin us.

Having had surgery myself and having very active kids I know the importance of staying up to speed with them....you only get one shot with them as kids. Good luck Rhude and get better soon.

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Rhude your good man, whatever time you need it's not a problem.

22. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I appreciate that Bruce

23. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Thanks Ryno, appreciate you looking out....I'm going to do my best to get back on track quickly

24. jfosh

jfosh Super

Rhude, sorry to hear about your surgery. I've had a couple of shoulder operations and know what you have to go through to get right not to mention how injuries can degrade your quality of life without getting them fixed. I hope all goes well with your surgery and rehab...

Filling the spot, maybe we should test someone in that spot since we are going to have fill a league spot (BBJ) for 2010.

25. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Thats a great idea.