THIS IS NOT THE LAST SEASON OF THE OMFL

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jun 1, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

THIS IS NOT THE LAST SEASON OF THE OMFL

Guys, we are not closing shop after this season and going on a 'break' until 2k11. You were told when you joined, the OMFL is a year around league. After this season is over we will keep rolling. Depending on the time left we may present you with a few options, but know this, if you walk away your team will not be on 'hold' for you. Why? Because when NFL 2010 is over and Madden 2k11 has lost its luster, you will pull the same stunt.

Let's pick it up around here and keep rolling along. There is an amazing season going and it does COUNT and MATTER.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Well put Nate.
    There are numerous options we have to get one more season in.

3. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

shorten the advances to 3 days just for this season. No post = straight sim. Only teams that are late are the non contenders.

My assumptions.

Game drops August 10th

Server most likely will be re-purposed late July. So we need to move we can do it OMFL lets get it in.

4. joseph201105

joseph201105 OMFL- Oakland Raiders

agree with gaddy

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I would love to get one more season in. I don't understand why people are assuming we are done. We have lots of options to keep us busy.

6. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Looks like I'll really need 1 more offseason to get the Cards to elite status anyway.

Lets gooo

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

At the rate we are at now, the season will last 3 months (not including playoffs). We are set to finish the season right around the 2K11 launch. Are you suggesting we start our 2K11 season in November?

8. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

We have been speeding up every week.

9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Yes, but its still at a pace to finish the 4th OMFL season around the end of October-early November. If you do the math, you will see this is correct.

10. joseph201105

Thats with out the week to 2 weeks of offseason and after the third season old players that get released they get deleted off the game which turns everything around..

11. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I'm down with whatever, i dont even care if we finish the season. We all know Gaddy will be the paper champ at that time anyway (the new pun)

12. joseph201105

Its so sad that gaddy cant win in the playoffs. Everyone just laughs at the fact he goes 14-2 every season and gets the bye and cant win when it counts haha

13. coachgaddy

If you win one game and then lose or lose straight out its all the same cause unless your the champ nobody remembers the rest.

14. joseph201105

yea but to be the guy that never wins a playoff game its worse

15. coachgaddy

Rash of hurtful injuries and bad luck.

16. joseph201105

I know its just fun to give u crap

17. coachgaddy

I got some crap for you come week 13 I think it is.

18. joseph201105

Haha I dont think I am going to win anyways

19. natedawg212000

The main focus of the post really wasn't toward any of the guys who posted in here, you guys are around, contributing, and helping move this league forward, its for the guys who are dragging $%@ and not doing a thing, thinking this is it. You guys are right, there's no way to get a season 4 in with this advance schedule. The new game drops the 10th of August, but you give a week for everyone to get the game and 2 weeks to get everything lined up and ready for the new kickoff. This season will end probably 2-3 weeks before new game even drops. We WILL present everyone with options of what to do, but one thing is for sure, we wont just put the breaks on and wait around for 6 weeks until we can kick off the new franny with 2k11. That would kill the league - i've seen it happen. So lets stir up some interest, keep doing what we are doing, and keep getting these games in asap.

20. Big D

Big D Walk On

I have thrown an idea to the board that I want to get the rest of your feedback on. To fill our gap between this season and the start of Madden 11, I am thinking of creating an 'OMFL World Cup' type event, that would have participating owners seeded into round robin pools thatwould be followed by a tournament, just like the World Cup.

We would have a physical trophy for the winner, and maybe some other cool sigs and stuff for the pool winners. This would fill the gap, and give something guys could be excited about so we dont have a month off.

What do you think?

21. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

OK, I was at work, but I have a proposition for everyone.

Given that by the time we finish Season 3 of the OMFL for Madden 10, we will have a short time between then and the release of Madden 2011. Its too long of a period to not play and interest could dwindle, and its much too short to have another season. So this is my idea. A Mandatory 32-team Madden Tournament.

The tournament would be set up like a Basketball or Hockey playoff format (1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, etc...) and would have 4 different Brackets. It could be single or double elimination, and could easily provide us with tons of entertainment, as well as keep the interest of the league at a peak until the Madden 11 launch. We can seed the tournament according to how each team finishes the 3rd OMFL Madden 10 season. The seeds obviously would be 1-8 throughout all four brackets. We can break them down evenly to make it interesting, or we can keep it throughout the division. (AFC/NFC East, AFC/NFC South, etc) Each division has 4 from both AFC and NFC, so that works out perfectly.

It's just an idea, but I figure it could work as a stop gap for the limbo period in between the OMFL Bowl and the release of the new Madden.

Thoughts?

22. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I would think somekind of round-robin would suit us better.In a bracket tournament teams that go two and out would be waiting a long while. But in a round-robin everyone will be playing.

23. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'm not too familiar with how a Round Robin works, but wouldn't that require alot of games to be played? Again, I don't know the process for it, that's why I ask.

If you go with a tournament playoff style, to fill time for everyone who loses 2 and out we can create a consolation bracket to keep everyone involved. Skipping games would not be allowed to secure a spot for the Madden 11 OMFL.

24. natedawg212000

there are a few ideas being thrown around right now and being discussed. One is to run a full offseason like normal, just shortened and then allow everyone to make their teams and run a round robin tourney. (everyone plays everyone once, and then single elimination tourney after that) or just doing a round robin with just basic online rosters.

25. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

A round robin as in 31 games? You do realize thats twice as long as a regular season, I assume...