This is Sparta.... SJSU

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mcwoods06, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Mcwoods06

Mcwoods06 Walk On

Home of the San Jose St. Spartans!!!

2. Mcwoods06

Mcwoods06 Walk On

San Jose State 22 #24Utah St. 19

The Spartans rallied in the final minutes to stun Utah State. SJSU Kicker Harrison Waid connected on 53 yard FG as time expired to give the Spartans there first win over a top 25 team in the Coach Woods Era. Waid earned the King Leonidas award (Most Valuable Player) after going 5-5 connecting FG from 52,36,51,44,53.

The Spartans and Aggies played a hard fought defensive game throughout the contest. However, it was the Spartans who took possession of the football with less than a minute to play. Star QB David Fales led the offense down the field in epic drive that was capped with a 6 yard rushing touchdown by Tyler Ervin. After the ensuing kickoff, Utah State QB was sacked by the relentless SJSU d-line. Utah State coach called timeout and on the next play Utah State QB was picked off by SJSU starting corner Ogburn who raced up the sideline to position the Spartans for a 57 yard FG with 4 secs left. After another Aggies timeout to ICE the Kicker. The Spartans lined up for a quick play to secure more yards. SJSU QB noticed how much room the Aggies corners were given and audible to a quick out. He completed a 4 yard pass with 1 second remaining.

The Aggies again called timeout to ice the kicker. Waid calmly stepped on the field and booted a 53 yard FG to give the Spartans a dramatic victory. One for the ages!!! Many are calling it the greatest win in the programs history!!!!!!

WE ARE SPARTA!!!!!!

King Leonidas: Give them nothing! But take from them everything!

• Like Like x 2
  3. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Can't believe I gave up 10 points in 1:00 minute haha. Great game. I think we kicked enough field goals in that game to last the entire release. Had a chance to really stretch the lead early in this game and you did a good job on defense of limiting me to field goals.

4. Mcwoods06

Mcwoods06 Walk On

Yeah it was an awesome game. I was amazed at how well both defenses had the bend but don't break mentality. Hopefully, we will be able to see each other again this year. Good Luck the rest of the season.