This needs to change!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

This needs to change!

In our two seasons here I have complained, and complained, and complained about this, and still we have owners who constantly exploit this AI issue and we've warned them and it hasn't been fixed!

Now please know that even tho I lost, I would have complained had I won, as evidenced by my last two complaints I filed after wins.
    Texans and Obwhite did NOTHING but pass to the flats when they were throwing. I just went back through each play to make sure I got these figures right since I am bringing it to the board.

He attempted 27 passes. 17 (17!!!!!!!) Were to the right flat to his TE, RBs, or wr screens. 2 more passes were to the left flat. Two more were long bombs at the end of the first half. Three more were downfield passes at the end of regulation. That leaves 3 out of his 27 throws that were actually attempted 'normally' downfield.

As we all know there is a huge AI issue with covering the flats with man or zone. If I wanted to I could throw to MJD 20 times in the flats and probably rarely be stopped.

I mentioned this in the game to him, and his reply was "I don't see what I'm doing wrong" so I kept playing and regardless of the outcome I was going to post here.

I am sick and damn tired of this. OBwhite is the same guy last year who completed 100+ passes to his RB. He is the same guy we've had to warn on numerous occassions about all sorts of issues.

When is enough enough? I've simply had it playing games against guys (Ox and White mainly) who do not represent the sim style this league is supposed to be about.

I have seriously had my fill of playing Obwhite and his flat after flat after flat pass. OH! And please be aware if you look at the stats he had two HUGE 'rushing' gains that were actually backwards passes to the right flat. So throw two more in there.

This is pathetic. I'd have more fun just scrimming Win, Nate, and Gaddy than being in the same division as these guys. Seriously....I don't see any fun in this any longer.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Futhermore.....I just went and looked back at his completion numbers the past two games. He was 45-47....with almost all of his passes to TEs or RBs. Well a vast majority anyways. It looks like he has been doing the same thing all season.

Sorry. I'm making a stand here. I have stepped back after suggestions of mine weren't liked by the board (see the ceezarr thing and trade issue). But this is crap.

I doubt very seriously if this is something that makes for a good sim league. And when the guy basically laughs in my face when I confront him about it, that's even worse.

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Wow, do you know what is weird about this? I opened the site today and the first thing that I saw was that you player (and beat) the Texans. I knew that I would have to log in to the board room because of who you played. I am 100% behind you dunlap. This is getting out of control. 17 passes to the flats or TE??? Come on! I can not imagine being in that division. Keep in mind also that Slaton had over 100 catches last year and I said that was out of control. It seems to be the owners that think they are really good that do this. They all think that they just know how to play. I agree they are good. They should play ranked online games and I bet they will have a great record with these BS plays. I am starting to get to the point that I am THANKFUL when I get into a game where people aren't playing like this. Anyway, sorry for the rant. Like I said though, I am 100% behind you on this one buddy. Something has to be done.

4. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I agree too Dlap. It's 1 thing to have a couple games a season with high throws in the flat, but to do it every game. I usually only throw in the flats when the pressure is coming or 2 other players I was looking for (usually 2 WR's or WR and TE are not opened like I was hoping.) Of course I don't get much success from throwing into the flats other then picking up short yardage for first downs. Maybe if every 1 played offensively like Win and I do, we would never have any complaints. It looks to me that OB just throws in the flats to get a lead or to keep pace with teams. Once he gets the lead he's happy with then he throws less to the flats. I have not played OB in the OMFL but I don't really want too.

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I agree Claven. I would never want people to be afraid to call a screen or to check down to the RB, but to do it like this is horrible. If you search for Madden AI bugs, the first thing that usually comes up is the flats not being defended. I call slip screens after I run alot to stop blitzes, but I would never do it as one of my primary plays that I run alot. I don't understand (especially in ranked games) why people feel they are good at the game because they exploit the AI.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I don't call screens or flats plays because of fear of being called cheesy. As a result, not only do I suck offensively, but I am limited in playbook selection.

I personally like to try and actually make my offense simlike. I try to get my WRs involved in the offense. Madden AI sucks as far as deep zones now, so you can't complete ANY deep passes against zone coverage unless you are super accurate. The only open area now is the flats, which is just bullshit. And no, I'm not gonna say "BS". I'm calling it like I see it.

It's guys like OBWhite that make me not want to play anymore because I see them scoring 40+ points a game, and I can't even crack 30. I've been undergoing offense 101 with another owner, and if it doesn't work out, I may just stick to defensive consulting with the OMFL and blogging about it.

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm too the point where I won't play Obwhite again in this league. He cheesed me last year both times and got warnings both times. . .now this.

he can just play the CPU instead of me from now on. both games last year were super cheezy too. not worth it for me. i don't care about my record/playoffs enough to go through another game like that. so CPU for jags against texans from now on.

8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

So are we wanting to boot the guy?

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I don't think we have enough consensus opinions for that. However, I do think...and forgive this terminology if it offends....he needs a "come to Jesus" talk. Either change your ways or you're gone. You know what I mean?

After Merks' game tonight, I am willing to boot anyone that can't play sim. See my other post if you want a good rant. ;)