This Sucks

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jmillhimes, Sep 17, 2009.

1. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

This Sucks

Well,

I started a thread about 2 months back about how bad I felt for everyone who has lost a job in this economy. We had 2 layoffs at my employer over the past 5 months and had another today. I was apart of this batch. It was weird because I almost seen it coming. I think if there is any good news out of all of this its that with my vacation pay still owed, and my Severance package( I may have a mispelled word) I walked out with 9 weeks of paid time. That will help. Sucks though, 4 years in this company and had to go. We had a husband and wife combo left go as well today. Unreal. I decided the best thing to do was take a day off or so to get back on my feet. I dont wanna rush out there and take the first thing available.

To all my league companions, I will be on here as much as possible over the next week or so while I search for a new company or all new career. Later guys(y)

2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Sucks.

Good luck dude.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Hey man, sorry to hear that. Keep your head up and best luck going forward.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Really sorry to hear that. We're all in jeopardy these days, it seems. I hope this ends up being one of those situations that turns out being for the best, like you find something even better than you had before.

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

hang in there... don't wait too long to get started looking though, it would be great if you happen to land something quickly and you have all severence to put in the bank.

6. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Thats what I am going to try and do

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    What kind of job was it?

8. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Sorry to hear that man. I work at a Ford Assembly plant and it it supposed to close in 2011. Hopefully, it stays open longer. I too know what it is like to get laid off. Good luck in the job hunt brother.

9. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

This is exactly what happened with me.

Went to a job that will have me making 20% more than I was making along with benefits unlike before.

Really sucks to hear man but hopefully you get lucky like I did and find something better.

10. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Yeah, sorry to hear that. Good luck to you and keep your chin up. Get out there looking right away so you can be a little more picky about what you take.

11. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Thanks Guys. I will get 10 weeks total of pay from Tyco. I worked as a buyer for a manufacturing plant. I left retail management because I started to get tired of the hours and people. I hated it but it seems like that industry really didnt get hit as hard as everyone else. May go back? Heading to a job fair Saturday and already put my resume into 3 other companies.

Later