This Week (6) in Tradition 1, 2011

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    This Week (6) in Tradition 1, 2011

WEEK 6 POLLS
    1- TENNESSEE (5-0)- Tennessee remains the #1 team in the nation
    2- GEORGIA TECH (5-0)- GT now holds the #2 spot
    3- MIAMI (3-1)- Miami's early loss doesn't hurt them as they are right in title chase
    4- FLORIDA (4-1)- Two straight impressive wins have Florida right in hunt

5- TEXAS (4-1)-
    6- CLEMSON (4-0)- Clemson is trying to get their play perfect for string of tough games
    7- ALABAMA (3-1)- Drops to #7 after loss to Florida
    8- AUBURN (4-1)- Quietly trying to get back towards top jumping 2 spots
    9- FLORIDA STATE (4-1)- Cracks top 10

10- OKLAHOMA (2-1)
    11- GEORGIA (3-1)- Moves up two spots
    12- USC (3-1)
    13- CINCINNATI (4-0)
    14- PENN STATE (2-1)
    15- TEXAS A&M (3-1)
    16- OHIO STATE (1-2)
    17- LSU (4-0)- Moves up 1 spot
    18- INDIANA (3-0)
    19- VIRGINIA TECH (4-1)- Stays at 19 after meteoric rise for Indiana
    20- USF (3-0)
    21- OKLAHOMA STATE (3-0)
    22- COLORADO (4-0)
    23- IOWA (2-2)
    24- PURDUE (4-0)
    25- NOTRE DAME (2-2)
    NR- NORTH CAROLINA (2-3)- Only unranked user team, drops out top 25 after loss to GT
    DROPPED OUT- NORTH CAROLINA, ILLINOIS

BIG GAMES THIS WEEK
    #4 FLORIDA (4-1) @ #17 LSU (4-0)

Florida is coming into this game riding high. They have beaten two top teams in Alabama and Auburn and now face LSU. What's been key here is the Florida offense has awoken from it's slumber. Their run game has been excellent with Jeff Demps being the key man in the rushing attack. Last week against Alabama, Brantley had his best game as a collegiate QB, going for 311 yards and only completing 13 of 16 passes, while throwing 3TD's. LSU on the other hand has the home field advantage and they'll need to have those rowdy fans help LSU. LSU hasn't had a tough test yet this year scoring easily and blowing out their opponents. With a hot Florida team coming into the Bayou this week, can LSU slow down the hottest team in the nation?

OTHER USER GAMES
    MISSISSIPPI STATE (2-4) @ #11 GEORGIA (4-1)- Georgia wins easily over MISSST
    #8 AUBURN HAS A BYE
    DUKE (0-3) @ #3 MIAMI (3-1)- Miami has an easy game vs. Duke this week
    #9 FLORIDA STATE (4-1) @ WAKE FOREST (3-2)- FSU takes their highly talented offense to Wake
    #1 TENNESSEE (5-0) @ ARKANSAS (1-3)- The #1 team in the land goes to Arkansas for a battle with the Razorbacks
    CALIFORNIA (0-4) @ #7 ALABAMA (4-1)- Bama barely survives against an 0-4 Cal team
    #2 GEORGIA TECH (5-0) HAS A BYE
    #19 VIRGINIA TECH (4-1) HAS A BYE
    MARYLAND (2-3) @ NORTH CAROLINA (2-3)- UNC looks to rebound against the Terps
    NC STATE (2-2) @ #6 CLEMSON (4-0)- Clemson has to watch for a Wolfpack team that took down UNC earlier this year

HEISMAN WATCH
    ^ 1- SO-TE Logan Thomas (VT)- 40rec, 637yds, 12TD's
    ---Thomas is easily the best TE in the nation already with his size (6'6") and speed (88). He's already a 1st round pick if he came out this year. Right now he's ready to shatter VT records in receptions, and TD's. He has already tied his 2010 TD total with 12 and looks to at least double that.

V 2- SR-RB Jermaine Thomas (FSU)- 131 car, 712yds, 12TD's, 15rec, 296yds, 2TD's
    ---Thomas gets the ball a ton in the FSU offense. He had 5 total TD's against Duke and had over 250 yards combined receiving and rushing.

^ 3- SO-RB Bryce Brown (TENN)- 96car, 662yds, 10TD's, 12rec, 110yds, 2TD's
    ---Brown went nuts against TAMU and rushed for almost 50% of his total yards against them. Tennessee needed all 300 yards and 4TD's from Brown as they edged out a win over TAMU.

V 4- SR-RB Marcus Wright (GT)- 72car, 591yds, 8TD's, 14rec, 190yds, 3TD's
    ---Wright dropped to #4 in the heisman race but he was steady only rushing the ball 8 times on the game for 90 yards but hitting the endzone two times against UNC.

V 5- SR-WR Julio Jones (BAMA)- 25rec, 521yds, 7TD's
    ---Jones drops to #5 in the race after a solid 6rec, 93yd, TD effort against the Gators in a loss.

2. jfosh

jfosh Super

LSU's chance to earn some respect this week. Your right about Florida, playing with a purpose. A Florida win mark its dominance against the SEC west. An LSU win and they will earn a large jump in the polls and put themselves in the driver seat of the SEC west. That weak schedule has really hurt the Tigers in the polls.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Logan Thomas wont smell the list after this week.....2 bye weeks in a row...he will be gone.

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

Waiting on Kinger and Blaza Rep !!!!

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i just have to get this out...... don't mind me...

FFFFFUUUUUUCKKCKCKKCKCKDCKKCKCKCKLKLDKJFLKJSDLKJFDLKJSLFSKDJ

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Blaza told me that his internet was down yesterday for some reason and that he had somebody coming out today. If everybody else gets done he said to sim him.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Blaza texted me and said hit intranetx is back up. Can somebody text me when the last game is done, I am swamped with work right now and even though I'm at home I don't wanna turn on the game unless I have to, I will end up practicing or something. (n) Need to get my shit done.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    whenever kinger is done, we can go.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

so i even need to say it.....

Plus I dont even think Kinger plays on football sundays...

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hey Steelah are we up next? Steelah taking on all comers this year. lol

11. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

My game is in. :(:(

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Uh Oh, lol....

I lost last night in the side league dude. Could not get their offense off the field and I threw about five picks. most of them atrocious decisions too.

13. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

I think I have a bye week. This schedule has been brutal on my nerves.
    Gotta admit though, the ball has been bouncing my way these last couple of games though. Caught alot of breaks.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Clemson lost too.

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ever since the patch, the computer comes at you much differently than before. It's a LOT smarter.

16. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Agree 100%. I can't even say I deserved to win this one. I kept scoring but I had 4 fumbles which is almost ALWAYS going to get you beat. It's going to take some time for me to get adjusted to my squad. There are some pieces in place, but I'm going to have to put some work in to get my boys playing up to snuff.

As far as the CPU, I definitely think they are tougher. They don't just lay down for you at all. You better have your mind right defensively or they will march down the field.