This week in the LOC!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bringbackjimmy, Nov 2, 2010.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Feb 10, 2009
    Top 25
    1.Texas(40)-after killing utep Texas remains at #1
    3.Nebraska-after slipping away from Georgia with a close win the huskers move up 3 spots.jumping both the buckeyes and b12 rival sooner.
    5.Oklahoma-the sooner stay at 5 after a bye week.
    6.Boise state
    7.Clemson- got the benefit of moving up 2 spots while sitting at home watching.
    8.Georgia- drops 5 spots to #8 after their close loss to Nebraska, but still remain in great shape.
    9.VT- moved up a spot after their bye week.
    11.LSU- moved up a slot after a bounce back win over FSU
    12-Penn state
    13.West Virginia
    16.Missouri- moves up 4 spots after getting a too victory over Iowa.
    18.Norte Dame
    21.Michigan State
    23.Oregon State
    24.Florida State- Stays in the top 25 after losing a defensive struggle against LSU.
    Ur.Auburn- after 2 decent wins auburn looks to join the party shortly.

Heisman race
    1.Texas QB Garrett Gilbert- had a great performance against utep going 27-43 for 392 and 5tds
    2.Texas tech QBSeth Doege- is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the the TTU AIR RAID offense. He had 7 total td's in his game against Fcs mw.
    3.Oklahoma hb Jermie Calhoun-idle
    4.Texas wr Marquise Goodwin-gilberts main target grabbing 7 for a 133 and a td
    5.Bama hb Eddie Lacy- rushed a 134 yrds and a td while also getting 5 rec for 73 yrds and 2 td's. He did pull his hamstring so we will see how that effects him in the upcoming weeks.

Game of the week
    #6 Boise State visits #5 Oklahoma.
    On paper this game should heavily favor Oklahoma, but Boise state is the king of upsets. This game has the pollsters ready as Boise state gets their chance to show they belong. Oklahoma with a win adds to their resume for the nc title hopes.. The key of this game will be keeping ou offense off the field and taking advantage of ou mistakes that will come few and far between. OU -14
  2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs My sole purpose here is to beat recchem2000

Jul 18, 2010
    very good, and informative. You could have added the FSU offense is struggling mightly, only 1 touchdown in two games. It got somewhat going against BC this morning with two big pass plays. Also, on the Heisman Watch, can you list the team each player is associated with so we know who has the star players.
  3. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Jul 10, 2009
    If only Boise would pay Norman a visit irl. Take OU in this one.
  4. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Mar 21, 2010
    Good update Commish. Auburn hopes to break into the top 25 with a victory of #25 Miami this week.

Heisman note: Keep a watch out for Auburn QB Clint Moseley as he leads the nation in passing after the first 2 weeks. He will need to bring up his TD / INT ratio to be a true contender.
  5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Feb 24, 2009
    Nice update. LSU is looking for a QB that wont throw INTS! I think I've thrown 9 of them between my 2 guys in 3 games!
  6. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Apr 14, 2010
    This is what's up. Texas cleaning up as usual.