Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Nov 3, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jul 29, 2009

WoW, What a week in the OMFL this past week. Some real nail bitters this past week and a whole lotta offensive numbers put up.

Bills were brought down back to earth with a whipping from MY New Orleans Saints. Saints totally dominated the whole game and got the Bills out of sync from the beginning as the Saints run off a 30-7 victory. Are the Bills for real and this is just a hiccup, or were they just using smoke and mirrors to a 3-0 start? What about he Saints. How can a team look so bad vs the Eagles and so good vs the Bills the next week? Plus a lot of turnover on both sides of the ball. Coach Nate is either really smart are really dumb. We'll just have to see.

Broncos also had a tough game, but hey it was vs the CPU and we will just hold off any comments until they lose to a real owner. Problem with this team is they are a HUGE unknown.

Rams also lose a tough one vs the Packers. Packers 34-31 after a great 4th quarter by both teams. Rams, in this reporters opinion, will be held back by their talent and not their coach. This team will have to win by some smoke and mirrors only because of their low talent level. Give bruce one offseason and this team will be tough to beat.

So far my assesment has been spot on with those teams, others are still rolling and there will be some great battles as this league grows.

Vikings steam roll the 9ers, NO suprise there. I never said this wasn't a good team. Anyone with his talent should be able to really go far, I just think this qb situation will come back to haunt him sooner OR later. Peterson is a BEAST and probably the best player in the OMFL. Teams gonna be tough. They are putting up a TON of points and the defense is only getting better each week. They are making a real run at the Ravens FS Reed, and that will only make this an even better team.

Falcons get punched in the mouth by the Pats and drop them for a huge loss. Pats believe they have the blueprint to keep the Falcons from rolling. Is that true? Who knows. The Falcons have a bye week and then a weak 49ers team before having to face some tough games vs the Cowboys and Saints.

Colts pull out a tough win vs a very strong looking Cardinals team. Cards are impressing me. After going though a few owners, this team may make the turn here soon and really make a run at things. Defense was asleep for this game and both offenses really lit it up.

Chargers keep rolling as Dolphins owner bailed ship and a new owner has came in to get things rolling. Pretty easy win.

Giants hang a 50 burger on the tailspinning Bucs. Browns shock the Ravens to pick up a huge division win. Eagles and Chiefs put half the crowd to sleep with a defensive struggle.

Cowboys and Panthers in the most shocking game of the week. Claven really showed me something. This is a confusing team to get a handle on but I know Claven, when focused, is a true OMFL Baller. Panthers come out early and just hit the Cowboys in the face jumping out to a 21-0 lead and really shocking the Cowboys. Cowboys show their perseverance by coming back though with 14 unanswered points of their own. Both teams went back and 4th, but the Cowboys really figured the Panthers out and come back in the 4th quarter and OT to win the game on a Lane 1 yard td run.

Almost all these games were really GREAT games, I think I called that one!

Let's take a look at this weeks OMFL Power Rankings:
    Let me be first to say, I have no CLUE how the Vikings are not the best team in the league. Yes they havent played anyone (2-7 combined record) but they are putting up HUGE points and lots of defense. Its early, and hard to argue most of these other spots. Vikings, as of today, are the class of the OMFL though.

Huge games next week and a few picks:
    Raiders/Texans: My pick - Texans
    Jags/Titans: My pick Titans
    Cowboys/Broncos: My pick - Cowboys
    Packers/Vikings: My pick - Vikings
    UPSET SPECIAL: Steelers/Chargers: My pick - Steelers

We'll see you next week.
  2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    nate. my hats off to you, very entertaining and combined with the power rankings gives great insight on the week in omfl. put your 1-5 power rankings on there too next week. great job.
  3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Oct 9, 2009
    Great work Nate!
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Oct 8, 2009
    Nate on the Vikings bandwagon!!!
    Boy that commish, hes a smart fella.