THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL Season 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 27, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL - WEEK 15

[​IMG]

It's been a long while since I've been able to do one of these. My apologies to everyone. Life has just gotten way busy and I am having a hard time keeping up right now. Let's jump right into it.

Lets take a look at my surprises so far...

My surprises up to week 8.

DAVE - GMEN|Dave makes my list, well, because I am shocked. I've always pulled for this cat, but he looks to finally have a team that fits his style and guess what, he's winning! Dave looks like if he can just hang on a few more games, he's taking the division from the defending OMFL Champs and the Cowboys. GL dave! We're pulling for you.

WAJO - COWBOYS|The Cowboys are on my list again. Look 5 wins from this kinda of team just won't cut it. Wajo is better than this. He smacked my team around, but that was one of only a few highlights for their season. Wajo should be back next year, we hope. It makes for a better OMFL when he's playing well.

NFC NORTH|Is there a worse division in football right now? The North just isn't fun to watch. The lions came in and started out hot, but have since cooled off. No thanks to Jeremy who jumped ship after a horrible start. The Packers haven't been the same since early season. The vikings just haven't gotten things rolling yet and the Bears are just walking away with the division. Not good football right now in the NORTH.

AFC SOUTH|Just when I thought the NORTH was the worse, the 'rough and tough', best 'division' in football is horrible this year. A down OX, a down Colts, and a mighty Jags team has made for a bad division in the OMFL this year. Maybe not the worse, but defiantly not the 'best' any more. Maybe next year fellas - maybe.

Next lets take a look at my predictions from week 8, my last post.

Week 8 game recap:
    [​IMG]

GOTW - WK 8
    [​IMG]
    This is going to be a GREAT game. I look for Mustang to try and come out and prove that he belongs in the conversation of the elite teams in the OMFL, while the Dunn and his bengals look to take control over a top tier team. I am looking for Fins to try and run the ball while the Bengals try and play some really good defense. Give me the Dolhpins in this one. I still think he's made from last week. Dolphins win 28-26.
    0-1

UPSET SPECIAL - WK 8
    [​IMG]
    Claven has proven to me now that he can simply run the ball with the best of the OMFL. The Rams are coming off of a very tough loss last week where their offense decided to be offensive. Rams are at home but I think Claven runs the ball and controls the clock. Panthers pull off the upset and take over the NFC South - 21-17.
    1-1 - big upset there

Now the rest of my 'predictions'...

[​IMG]
    I have no clue what GB is going to look like with this new owner. I know that the Jets are hot and the Jets are at home. I'll take that combo any time. Jets win 32-28.
    2-1 - lots of turnover since then

[​IMG]
    Badabing went out and got a PS3, in part, so that he could be in the OMFL. That's pretty freaking cool if you ask me. The 49ers are coming off of a tough loss. Give me the 9ers at home, while Bada learns the game. 49ers win 36-24.
    3-1 - great game though

[​IMG]
    Titans and baby CJ roll over to the Chargers to take on Sammy. Talk about two owners who almost refuse to win a game, these two teams are struggling. I like the Titans in this one. Sammy is struggling on O and last week Ox played some D for a change. Look for CJ to finally break 100 yards, maybe. Either way, Titans win 21-20.
    3-2 - no comment! this one game single handily killed AP lol

[​IMG]
    Skins and Bama go to Detriot to take on Win and his, again, new team the Lions. The Lions don't seem to fit Win's style, but he likes the young team that he has their. Look for the Lions to struggle on D for a little while, just not this game. Skins get beat by a better team this week, but I dont like the future for the lions, that is until after a few drafts. Lions win 16-13.
    3-3 - close tough game.

[​IMG]
    Jethro goes down to the bayou to take on the Saints. Saints had his number in GB but that was last years game. This year its totally different and with the Saints hurting, the Steelers are on the prowl. I hear the Saints are changing PB to find a PB that fits their new QB's style better. Look for a new game plan to try and right this Saints ship before its all over. Saints win 18-15.
    4-3.

So 4-3 this week, which brings me to 44-24 on the year. Not a very good week that week, but overall a great year with my picks.

Let's take a look at stat leaders so far this year.

Season Stat Leaders through Week 14
    [​IMG]
    Kolb has weapons and he's using them. Vishal is just nasty over there in Philly with these cats. Maybe he'll trade me Vick in the offseason. Any ways, the cat is throwing up hella numbers and may break Marinos all time record. 5k is defiantly in reach.

Harrison has fallen back since their coach has left and MJD has really sky rocketed. MJD is going to break 2000 and possibly even 2500 if he has a few good games to wrap up the season. CJ isn't going to get 2K, unless he goes man wild these last 3 weeks, but I don't see it happening. I am surprised he broke 100 yards finally. :)

Top 2 wr's are from the same team. That is a great accomplishment my friend. Problem is his team is fighting just to win their division. That's a sick combo and Kolb should win some kinda award after those numbers. Steve Smith is up there. I am just glad he's not in a Jags uni, even though they don't miss him too too bad, they are undefeated.

Ryans, in my opinion, is hands down the defensive player of the year. This cat is just sick in the middle for the Texans. No one else is even close.

Sacks seem, to me at least, to be down this year. It's not super easy to get to the qb. Jags have it figured out with the top two guys from the same team. Seems to be some kinda theme here.

Not a ton of amazing, eye catching numbers with INTs this year, but it seems that INTs are high. They are just spread around through a ton of other people. Who the heck is Thomas DeCoud any ways? LOL Thomas DeCoud and Gregory Toler? Really?

Division Leaders through Week 14
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    AFC East - Jets and Pats are battling it out till the end. Pats are still one of the top teams in the OMFL, even if he has no computer to read this! ;) Jets are still a 'what if' team. I just don't know what to expect down the stretch from this team without Sci. Dolphins and Bills, we'll see you next year.

NFC East - Gmen, Eagles, Cowboys are all still in it, mathematically. IMO the winner of this division will come out of this weeks GOTW. I am thinking the Eagles should pull it out, but Dave and his Gmen are hot right now. Sorry Cowboys, 5 win's wont cut it and Skins, better luck next year.

AFC North - Pretty tight division here still. Big win for the Browns this week vs the Bengals and that really shakes things up. The Steelers are still hanging around. I am calling it now, whoever doesn't win the North will win the WC.

NFC North - Done, over, thanks for playing. Bears walk away with a division. Not really what we expected earlier in the year. It's how the cookie crumbles though. The rest of the teams in the North better start scouting draft picks.

AFC South - See above. Jags smoke competition and the OMFLs "hardest division" didn't seem to hard this year.

NFC South - Panthers look to have ran away with this division this year. Good for them too. They were ready to hang it up last year but have stuck it out and are now winning. Saints are battling for a spot along with the Falcons for a WC. Doubt it happens but we'll see how things play out.

AFC West - There is news that may come out of this division in the next few weeks that will totally, totally shake this things up. It's sad, but it happens. Blue has his chiefs in the lead and they should walk away with it. Let's see if the news takes place in the next few weeks, because if so, AFC West totally changes.

NFC West - Rams and 9ers, just like the good old days. I am thinking the 9ers may shock the OMFL and win this division again. Bruce is doing all he can with what he has, but its a simple talent factor. Should be fun to watch play out and the WC winner may come out of this division.

(continue on next post)

Now lets look at some predictions for week 15 as I wrap this thing up.
    Week 15 games:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GOTW - WK 8
    [​IMG]
    GOTW material right here. Two teams battling it out for their division. Winner takes all. I like what I am seeing. I am thinking the Eagles are going to rely on their past big game knowledge to pull one away from Dave and the Gmen. Dave's never been on this stage and I think that may hurt him, pullin' for Dave, but calling for Vishal. Eagles win 38-30.

[​IMG]
    UPSET SPECIAL - WK 8
    [​IMG]
    Frisk seems to be back, he's ready for this game and thats a bad combo for Steven. Steven has this division in hand but Frisk is playing for reputation. Bottom line is I think Frisk is ready and Chi-town isn't ready for that. Vikings win 28-17.

[​IMG]
    SF has battled back but SD is known to put up some points, strength vs strength here. Give me the 49ers to take this one 21-7.

[​IMG]
    Blue vs Bruce. This should be an OMFL instant classic. Two lower teams, with great records and division leads battling it out. Give me the Rams in a nail bitter - 24-21 OT possibly.

[​IMG]
    Both teams are done and over with. Mustang is sick of the game and dc's and I don't even know who this Bills owner is. I'll take Stang if he plays. 28-3 Dolphins.

[​IMG]
    My heart says Ari, because I need them to win, but my head is telling me that the Panthers are red hot this year and rolling. I am pulling for my buddie West, but Claven wins this one 32-24.

[​IMG]
    I'm not going to pick this game because it may not be played or played vs a sub. Our prayers go out to the Bucs and their ownership right now.

[​IMG]
    Season's over for both of them. I know the Cowboys have a shot, but theres no more passion. The dude just got married, probably humping his guts out instead of holding a controller. Sorry, just sayin'. Give me the Cowboys over the Skins, 17-10.

[​IMG]
    ATL should be much better than they are. Sea and Bates are still building a winner over there. I'll call SEA in a sleeper - 18-10.

[​IMG]
    Bada has been one of the top owners that we have ever gotten here in the OMFL. He belongs right up there with Frisk as far as guys who came in and made an impact, a great impact to the OMFL. Sav is just working too much to worry about this season. Give me the Broncos over Raiders - 30-20.

[​IMG]
    I wanted this to be UOTW, but I decided not too. I am still calling the upset. I think Jeremy is getting his team down pat, Jax has had to come back last few weeks and Jeremy wants revenge on Jax and its owner Dunlap. Give me Ind over Jax 32-31.

[​IMG]
    Pit is hanging by a thread, they get that thread cut this week. Matt finally has his team and he's playing very well with them. Jets win 34-21.

[​IMG]
    Two great owners who should only play better next year. Not sure what went wrong but both are better than their records. Give me the Texans to win this one 28-24. CJ gets shut down, just sayin'.

[​IMG]
    Oh how the mighty Packers have fallen. Better luck next year, when you have a whole year with your team - maybe. :) Inside joke. Any ways the Pats are the Pats and show the Pack how its done. Pats win big - 33 - 14.

GAMES ALREADY PLAYED

[​IMG]
    Browns take out the Bengals in a classic - 35-31. I am going to leave this game alone, it was a great game with some controversy, but it's all over and done now. Big win for the Browns, Bengals need to come back next week with a big win.

[​IMG]
    Saints win 45-38. Ravens never give up and keep fighting, Saints get back to back wins for the first time since going 5-0. Season still hanging by an ace bandage.

That's your look at week 15. I know some of these games got played, but I didnt have the LC updated and don't know the scores, so I picked my winners.

The offseason is quickly approaching. It's always a fun time and a down time for those guys who don't make it. We don't mean to push through and force playoff teams to move quickly and not acknowledge them, but because 80% of the league doesn't make the playoffs, we have to move quickly and get the offseason here as fast as possible.

Offseason's mean a fresh new start. I know for my team, I can't wait for it!

See you guys in week 16!

• Like Like x 1
  2. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Whoa, whoa - big news out of the AFC West?? Hmmm...what could be going down??

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah I have been informed to find a sub by Pittsrock. It's a sad time for him in real life, so I think I will respect him by simming the game.

Sure it isn't much considering this is a game, and Pitts' stuff is real life. But I will take a week off and let the CPU decide if his team is better or mine. I have no problem with it, and if I can't play him, I don't want to play. No offense to the league or any subs I might get, but I feel this is out of respect for Pitts' personal tragedy.

4. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Dunno, I know I STILL keep getting shat on in the predictions/point spreads, Im in the playoffs as it stands right now, everything about San Diego is so negative, thats ok, ill continue to be the underdog, AND to change things in earlier posts, the AFC West is NOT the worst division

5. BadaBing319

Just use it as bulletin board material Sammy - get those players fired up. Have them waste all their energy these next two weeks and come into our week 17 showdown with no gas left in the tank :)

6. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Im not looking that far ahead, every game is crucial for both of us, and seeing how easy you won our first meeting, I NEED to win the 2 games before ours

7. BadaBing319

Yeah me either - tough game against the Raiders this week. Gotta bring it!

8. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

good stuff nate, see you next year miami

9. natedawg212000

I am going to keep all the 'This Week In The OMFL' in one thread.

10. natedawg212000

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL - WEEK 16

[​IMG]

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL IS BACK! I know, I know. Two weeks in a row man. WoW! ;) Glad I was able to have a free morning. I love doing these, but 1 1/2 hours worth of work is a lot. I hope you guys enjoy it.

My surprises through Week 15.

MATT - NY JETS|With Sci having to leave and an unknown in Matt coming in, finally, the Jets situation was really up in the air. I didn't know what to expect. I've gotta give it to Matt, hes only got 3 losses, and thats after the Jets started out 0-2. Major props to Matt to keep that train rolling. This is no longer Sci's team, it's Matts and he's proving it on the field.

MUSTANG - DOLPHINS|Stang was a force with the Colts last few seasons in the OMFL. Stang took his dream job this year and it has been everything BUT dreamy. Dolphins have been hit hard by the injury bug, along with disconnects, and other issues; stang and his phins and struggled all year long. I'm surprised that this team isn't better, but if the injuries back off, look for a better team next season.

DUNLAP - JAGS|Injuries, DC's, rules adjustments, arguments, blah blah blah blah - bottom line is none of it and no one has stopped the Jags. What bothers me is NO ONE is talking about them being undefeated. No team in the OMFL has ever done that. The paper champ Pats came close, but the Jags have a realistic chance of doing it this season. I hope they don't, just because that's a cool record to shoot for every year. MIA has their champaign bottles ready, lets see if they get to use them or not.

AFC WEST|At first glance the AFC West doesn't look like a good division, truth be known it's probably one of the best in the OMFL, and by far is the best race to wrap up the year. 3 teams are in contention and this week will tell us a lot about who takes it. This is a good division and I'm excited to see who takes it.

Now let's take a look back at week 15.

Week 15 games:
    [​IMG]

GOTW - WK 15

[​IMG]
    GOTW material right here. Two teams battling it out for their division. Winner takes all. I like what I am seeing. I am thinking the Eagles are going to rely on their past big game knowledge to pull one away from Dave and the Gmen. Dave's never been on this stage and I think that may hurt him, pullin' for Dave, but calling for Vishal. Eagles win 38-30.

I almost nailed this score. Great game from both owners. Vishals firepower was just too much. 1-0

UPSET SPECIAL - WK 15

[​IMG]
    Frisk seems to be back, he's ready for this game and thats a bad combo for Steven. Steven has this division in hand but Frisk is playing for reputation. Bottom line is I think Frisk is ready and Chi-town isn't ready for that. Vikings win 28-17.

I'm pretty sure Frisk played this game before he left. So I'm taking it!! 2-0

[​IMG]
    SF has battled back but SD is known to put up some points, strength vs strength here. Give me the 49ers to take this one 21-7.

9ers flex their muscles and take a big game for them. SD needs to put it back together - quickly. 3-0

[​IMG]
    Blue vs Bruce. This should be an OMFL instant classic. Two lower teams, with great records and division leads battling it out. Give me the Rams in a nail bitter - 24-21 OT possibly.

Blue showed me something, but as long as he's staying - IDK! Great game from both owners. Rams talent issues are catching up with them and they are falling short here at the end of the season while the 9ers are surging. Not a good combo. 3-1

[​IMG]
    Both teams are done and over with. Mustang is sick of the game and dc's and I don't even know who this Bills owner is. I'll take Stang if he plays. 28-3 Dolphins.

Duval is still a huge unknown, and with his season over he better just start planning for next season. Expect more, next year, from both owners. 4-1.

[​IMG]
    My heart says Ari, because I need them to win, but my head is telling me that the Panthers are red hot this year and rolling. I am pulling for my buddie West, but Claven wins this one 32-24.

Head wins every time, in more ways than one. 5-1.

[​IMG]
    I'm not going to pick this game because it may not be played or played vs a sub. Our prayers go out to the Bucs and their ownership right now.

Simmed game - I didn't pick it.

[​IMG]
    Season's over for both of them. I know the Cowboys have a shot, but theres no more passion. The dude just got married, probably humping his guts out instead of holding a controller. Sorry, just sayin'. Give me the Cowboys over the Skins, 17-10.

Keep humping Wajo, keep humping! ;) 5-2.

[​IMG]
    ATL should be much better than they are. Sea and Bates are still building a winner over there. I'll call SEA in a sleeper - 18-10.

Falcons show up for a game! Congrats. 5-3. This week is going south, quick.

[​IMG]
    Bada has been one of the top owners that we have ever gotten here in the OMFL. He belongs right up there with Frisk as far as guys who came in and made an impact, a great impact to the OMFL. Sav is just working too much to worry about this season. Give me the Broncos over Raiders - 30-20.

Shocked. That's all I can really say. Shocked. That 4th quarter killed the Broncos, and my week. 5-4.

[​IMG]
    I wanted this to be UOTW, but I decided not too. I am still calling the upset. I think Jeremy is getting his team down pat, Jax has had to come back last few weeks and Jeremy wants revenge on Jax and its owner Dunlap. Give me Ind over Jax 32-31.

Someone, anyone, please beat these Jags! :) 5-5

[​IMG]
    Pit is hanging by a thread, they get that thread cut this week. Matt finally has his team and he's playing very well with them. Jets win 34-21.

Finally got another W here. Jets are the real deal. Just ask the Steelers. 6-5.

[​IMG]
    Two great owners who should only play better next year. Not sure what went wrong but both are better than their records. Give me the Texans to win this one 28-24. CJ gets shut down, just sayin'.

Great game here. I'll take 'em when I can get 'em. 7-5.

[​IMG]
    Oh how the mighty Packers have fallen. Better luck next year, when you have a whole year with your team - maybe. :) Inside joke. Any ways the Pats are the Pats and show the Pack how its done. Pats win big - 33 - 14.

Pats win. Paper champs better get ready for those Jags. 8-5.

GAMES ALREADY PLAYED

[​IMG]
    Browns take out the Bengals in a classic - 35-31. I am going to leave this game alone, it was a great game with some controversy, but it's all over and done now. Big win for the Browns, Bengals need to come back next week with a big win.

[​IMG]
    Saints win 45-38. Ravens never give up and keep fighting, Saints get back to back wins for the first time since going 5-0. Season still hanging by an ace bandage.

So 8-5 this week, which brings me to 52-29 on the year. Pretty unspectacular week for me, but my overall record is getting better and better!! Next year we have to have someone else pick games against me. See whos really good at this!

Let's take a look at some stats.

Season Stat Leaders through Week 15
    [​IMG]

Kolb is gonna break 5K, just sayin'. Palmer from Cinnci is also having a great year, very quietly. Some pretty decent passing numbers this year in the OMFL. Even with us looking at the ALL PRO setting, I really think these ALL MADDEN numbers are really close to the real NFL.

MJD is simply unstoppable. This guys is the OMFL MVP hands down. 20 plus tds and over 2k yards. Sick dude, simply sick.

I can't get over these top two guys. I mean those are nasty numbers alone, combine them on the same team and its unthinkable. There's still another almost 2K yards to OTHER receivers. Nasty Vishal, just nasty.

Ryans will have 100 tackles this year pretty easy, he may even break 110. Mayo is also up on that list and Mayo also does a whole lot more 'other' stuff than Ryan does. Ryan is a tackling machine while Mayo is a everything machine. Should be a great DPOTY race.

Allen over takes one of the Jags brothers but these are still down numbers to me. DE's just aren't as good as they were in past versions. With that said it's pretty amazing what Jags are doing with their DE's.

AM's defense is flawed. I mean a few no-name guys at the top is ok, but there are a ton of no-name guys are at the top. That's a whole different convo for a whole different article. :)

Division Leaders through Week 15
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AFC East - This battle is really heating up. Looks like 2nd place will take the WC pretty easy. This has been a fun battle and it will be awesome to watch how it ends. GL to both teams. The rest of you, you've gotta do better next year.

NFC East - Cowboys are done and the Eagles take out the Gmen to take the East lead. I am thinking the Eagles have heated up at the right time. Gmen need to hold on for a WC, maybe.

AFC North - Browns get a huge win last week against the Bengals and tighten up the division. I am still calling it the Bengals division to win though. Tough game this week, so we'll see.

NFC North - Bears stumble last week, but they are so far out ahead its over. Again, thanks for playing NFC North.

AFC South - Someone beat the Jags! ;)

NFC South - Panthers get a huge win last week and with a win this week, this division is over. Saints have a huge battle for a WC spot verses the Falcons. The WC race should be a good one.

AFC West - Best race any where in the OMFL. We got great news today that Blue is staying. This is going to be a fun one to watch down the stretch. SD and CIN have a huge battle this week that will go a long way to showing us a winner.

NFC West - Rams vs 49ers this week. Winner takes all. Should be fun.

11. natedawg212000

Now lets look at some predictions for week 16 as I wrap this thing up.
    Week 16 games:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GOTW - WK 16
    [​IMG]
    Winner takes all in the NFC WEST. These two teams have went back and forth all year long and now it gets settled on the field. Rams are struggling and the 9ers are surging. I'll take the 9ers because of what they have done the last few weeks. Rams just seem down. 49ers win 28-17.

[​IMG]
    UPSET SPECIAL - WK 16
    [​IMG]
    Could have been GOTW. I'm not really wanting to pick SD, but I wanted to spot light this game. I am going to take SD in an upset, but this should be a classic. SD can score with anyone, but also seem to play down to their competition. SD wins in a shootout 34-31.

[​IMG]
    Come on Jethro, hook a brotha up and let me hang in there for the South! Claven just doesn't lose this year. Car big 38-24.

[​IMG]
    Blue is staying and thats bad news for the Titans. Ox has put up nice numbers with CJ, kinda, but has struggled to get the W. Chiefs win 28-21.

[​IMG]
    I don't know what to expect from either team here. West is a good balla, but still adjusting to the new game. Wajo is, well I don't know what he is but he's not winning. Ari wins 26-18.

[​IMG]
    TB is probably still out so I won't call this one.

[​IMG]
    Paper champs need a win to stave off the surging NYJ. Buf should give them that easy win. Hope we keep someone stable in Buf! NE wins big 36-14.

[​IMG]
    Might be a good game here. Vishal needs to keep the ball rolling and Vikings get a new owner who knows how to play. I am going to take the Eagles in a good game. PHI wins 36-32. They don't know how to play D but can score at will.

[​IMG]
    Den needs a win here, but I don't think Moogle is into laying down. Bada let me down last week so I am taking Moogle this week. HOU wins 24-10.

[​IMG]
    Bal is trying to finish on a high note after hanging last week with the Saints. Cle gets yet another new owner, a guy with 6 e's in his name. WTH!?!?!? Let the e button go dude, let it go and walk away so that no one gets hurt. Give me BAL in a burner - 30-20.

[​IMG]
    Jeremy lost a game that he had in hand last week. Not good. Oak showed up and went off. I am still sticking with the ONLY 2 TIME OMFL Champ. IND wins 34-28.

[​IMG]
    Who cares? Nah, just picking. Win won't lay down and stang isn't playing well this year. Injuries, dc's, or just losing interest; whatever it is he doesn't have it this year. I am calling the upset here. DET wins 21-13.

[​IMG]
    Gmen need a win and need a win bad. GB might come out playing well after getting some good news for after the season. I am going to take NY though. NYG win 21-18.

[​IMG]
    Jets are rolling and CHI doesn't have a whole lot to play for. NYJ win 36-24.

[​IMG]
    Washington showed me something with a huge win last week. Problem was it was against the Cowboys. :( Jags are coming to town and I am afraid they keep that winning streak going. Jax wins 30-24.

[​IMG]
    Saints need a win and who knows what ATL team shows up. Saints are finally getting healthy but did place another player on IR this week. New rb and wr in the mix and the saints RB and WR core are hurting. Mainly, though, because Brees isn't back yet. Brees comes back next week, so this one is on Painter to keep the season alive and the winning streak going. Saints win 28-25.

That's your look at week 16. Should be a great week with some good games.

This week was a pretty down week but there is some fresh blood in the board room and some fresh blood in the league. I am excited about the possibilities and the future. I'll miss some good friends who needed to go, but we also got news that blue is staying, and thats awesome.

We are still tweaking some trading rules and offseason stuff to make things simpler. The offseason is always a blast, so lets get excited and ready!

See you guys in week 17!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

good write up.. nice stuff to read

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

Nice job. Jags aren't resting anybody....were going for that record! :)

14. BadaBing319

Good write up Nate. Broncos let you and the city of Denver down with that loss last week. Hoping to bounce back this week and stay alive...

15. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Great stuff as always Nate.

16. natedawg212000

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL - WEEK 17

[​IMG]

Man, games are getting in way too fast, it's tough to keep up with. Do you smell that? It's the smell of jock straps, bengay, and butt crack - it's the OMFLPlayoffs!

My surprises through Week 16.

DARREN SHARPER - NO SAINTS|Sharper has been hurt 4 different times this season, totaling 13 games for the whole season. This cat is a baller, but can't stay on the field this year. This isn't the way Sharp wanted his career to end in a Saints uni.

MJD - JAGS|No one has had the season that MJD has had this year. Dude's putting up Madden numbers and just going off on everyone he plays. He has single handily carried the Jags to a undefeated season and the playoffs. Now the only thing left to do is to win a Championship.

OX - TITANS|3 wins is terrible. You can't keep a job with only 3 wins. This was suppose to be a 3K running season and the playoffs for Ox and CJ. Neither has even came close to sniffing those goals. I expect greater next year. Then again, it can't get much worse.

WEST - CARDINALS|Another 3 win team in the OMFL, except this 3 win team can't be blamed, entirely, on Coach West. He only has recently taken over. If this team finds a QB in the up coming draft, watch out because they have some play makers.

Now let's take a look back at week 16 and my picks:

Week 16 games:
    [​IMG]
    GOTW - WK 16
    [​IMG]
    Winner takes all in the NFC WEST. These two teams have went back and forth all year long and now it gets settled on the field. Rams are struggling and the 9ers are surging. I'll take the 9ers because of what they have done the last few weeks. Rams just seem down. 49ers win 28-17.
    1-0. Little more scoring that I thought, but 9ers are hot and the Rams are not.​
    UPSET SPECIAL - WK 16
    [​IMG]
    Could have been GOTW. I'm not really wanting to pick SD, but I wanted to spot light this game. I am going to take SD in an upset, but this should be a classic. SD can score with anyone, but also seem to play down to their competition. SD wins in a shootout 34-31.
    I got this one. NOT sure how, but SD pulls out a HUGE win over Cin. 2-0​

[​IMG]
    Come on Jethro, hook a brotha up and let me hang in there for the South! Claven just doesn't lose this year. Car big 38-24.
    3-0. Car is just too good. CAR and JAC are 2 best OMFL teams right now.

[​IMG]
    Blue is staying and thats bad news for the Titans. Ox has put up nice numbers with CJ, kinda, but has struggled to get the W. Chiefs win 28-21.
    KC puts it to OX and his Titans who simply suck this year. 4-0.

[​IMG]
    I don't know what to expect from either team here. West is a good balla, but still adjusting to the new game. Wajo is, well I don't know what he is but he's not winning. Ari wins 26-18.
    I called for West to step up and he couldn't, Wajo is leaving us and thats sad. At least he got a win. 4-1.

[​IMG]
    TB is probably still out so I won't call this one.
    Didn't get played by TB. 4-1​

[​IMG]
    Paper champs need a win to stave off the surging NYJ. Buf should give them that easy win. Hope we keep someone stable in Buf! NE wins big 36-14.
    Barely did Gaddy pull this one out. I didn't see that score coming. 5-1.​

[​IMG]
    Might be a good game here. Vishal needs to keep the ball rolling and Vikings get a new owner who knows how to play. I am going to take the Eagles in a good game. PHI wins 36-32. They don't know how to play D but can score at will.
    Min wasn't able to keep up, Eagles do what they do and get the W. 6-1.​

[​IMG]
    Den needs a win here, but I don't think Moogle is into laying down. Bada let me down last week so I am taking Moogle this week. HOU wins 24-10.
    Simmed game, I won't count. 6-1.

[​IMG]
    Bal is trying to finish on a high note after hanging last week with the Saints. Cle gets yet another new owner, a guy with 6 e's in his name. WTH!?!?!? Let the e button go dude, let it go and walk away so that no one gets hurt. Give me BAL in a burner - 30-20.
    Bal uses D like I thought. 7-1.

[​IMG]
    Jeremy lost a game that he had in hand last week. Not good. Oak showed up and went off. I am still sticking with the ONLY 2 TIME OMFL Champ. IND wins 34-28.
    Sav gave Jeremy a run for his money, a W is a W though. 8-1.
    [​IMG]
    Who cares? Nah, just picking. Win won't lay down and stang isn't playing well this year. Injuries, dc's, or just losing interest; whatever it is he doesn't have it this year. I am calling the upset here. DET wins 21-13.
    Win let me down, what's new? ;) I think he's just trying to mess up my record and get that 1st pick. 8-2.

[​IMG]
    Gmen need a win and need a win bad. GB might come out playing well after getting some good news for after the season. I am going to take NY though. NYG win 21-18.
    Gmen went off! 9-2.

[​IMG]
    Jets are rolling and CHI doesn't have a whole lot to play for. NYJ win 36-24.
    Chitown showed me a lil something, hanging with the red hot jets. 10-2.​

[​IMG]
    Washington showed me something with a huge win last week. Problem was it was against the Cowboys. :( Jags are coming to town and I am afraid they keep that winning streak going. Jax wins 30-24.
    Jax is simply the best team in the OMFL. 11-2.
    [​IMG]
    Saints need a win and who knows what ATL team shows up. Saints are finally getting healthy but did place another player on IR this week. New rb and wr in the mix and the saints RB and WR core are hurting. Mainly, though, because Brees isn't back yet. Brees comes back next week, so this one is on Painter to keep the season alive and the winning streak going. Saints win 28-25.
    Saints pick up a huge win. 12-2.

So 12-2 this week, which brings me to 64-31 on the year. That's a great week and thats HOW YOU PICK'EM! Please, please, hold your applause, I am trying to type here. s

Let's take a look at some stats.

Season Stat Leaders through Week 16

[​IMG]

Kolb breaks the 5K mark and I called it! That dudes playing sick. Rumors are though that He's being shopped, possibly even to the Saints. Now THAT would be a blockbuster deal. Ryans breaks the 100 tackle mark, which is a pretty good feat, at least this year. MJD goes over 2K for the year and just keeps killing defenses. I know one thing, I don't want to have to stop this cat. He's been carrying the Jags all years. Jackson and Colston still are putting up nasty numbers. Could we possibly have another Jax/Phi OMFLBOWL? Wow, that would be a classic, again.

Division Leaders through Week 16
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not a whole lotta new stuff to report here. Looks like almost all of it is wrapped up in the NFC. Rams are hoping for a loss by the Saints or the Giants, but other than that everyone knows weather they are going home or going to the playoffs. In the AFC it's not quiet as clear, but it's getting clearer every single game. SD and Denver are hanging by a string, along with Hou, Ind, and Cle. I's the NYJ that totally screw everything up. They have had such a great year that everyone who isn't winning their division is playing for 1 spot. Makes it a little less anti-dramatic.​

Let's take a gander at week 17 to wrap this puppy up. A few small changes in the way I do things, simply because it was taking me almost 3 hours to write this!

Week 17 games:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

GOTW - WK 16
    Bengals vs Ravens
    Bengals have dropped some very important games as of late. The Ravens, as of late, have been playing great. I think that the Bengals need to win and they know it, so they will show up. Ravens will give them a run for their money, but Bengals show up and finally win one that they must. Bengals win 31-26.
    [​IMG]

UPSET SPECIAL - WK 16
    Bears vs Packers
    Bears have dropped some games, exactly like the bengals, that are looking to be a little more important than they seemed 3 weeks ago. The race has tightened up, thankfully for them though they were way out ahead. Packers will show up for this one and win his last one before heading home to Indy. Pack attack win 25-24.​
    Panthers vs Falcons
    Panthers sit players because the division is wrapped up and he need not risk an injury, at least thats what I hope he does. Falcons are a good team and will make some noise next year. Falcons win at home 34-21.
    Cowboys vs Eagles
    Eagles need a win to wrap up the division. Wajo wants to leave on a high note. Eagles simply have too much fire power and will frustrate the Cowboys. Eagles win 36-28.
    Raiders vs Chiefs
    Chiefs have things wrapped up and the Raiders have played some decent football as of late. I think this may be closer than you think, but Raiders win if Chiefs sit players. I just don't think he will do that in order to keep things rolling for the Playoffs. Chiefs win 24-22.
    Jags vs Texans
    Where the hell is Moogle? Man I hope he shows back up soon! I am calling a Texans win because Jags aren't stupid. Yes he wants the record but theres nothing good that can come of him playing his only star player in MJD. Hes got the records, titles, and 1st seed. He better rest players if he's smart. Texans win by default - 30-20.
    Giants vs Redskins
    I like the Skins and I like what they have been doing lately. I think that the Gmen are a pretty good team though and need a win for a shot at the playoffs. Lose and go home is the theme of this week. Gmen pull off a big win on the road. 28-20.​
    Steelers vs Browns
    Browns have done all they can to win their division. One more slip up by the Bengals and it's all theirs, they can smell the finish line. Steelers are done for the season and will probably put forth little effort. No reason to win, and a ton to lose. Not saying he will throw the game, he's not that kinda guy, but he won't put forth a ton of effort either.
    Bills vs Jets
    Bills have been doing ok lately. It's been such a wild year for Buffalo fans with the changing of so many coaches. Jets have this thing on cruise control but will play his heart out in hopes of a higher seed, maybe. Jets win, even with backup - 32-30.
    Rams vs Seahawks
    Rams need a win in the worse way. Seahawks simply don't have the talent yet. Rams finally show up and take one to hang in there and see where the cards land for the playoffs. Rams win 27-24.
    Games Already Played...
    Saints 55 vs Bucs 31
    Saints get back Brees and breeze to a cool victory over the strong bucs team. This was the game of big plays, and saints just made more of them.​
    Broncos 24 vs Chargers 21
    Broncos score every time they had the ball, and the Chargers simply couldn't put them away. Things are very very interesting now over there.
    Dolphins 38 vs Pats 45
    Dolphins give the Pats a run for their money, but if the Pats were smart they didn't play anyone. Dolphins need the pick.
    Titans 24 vs Colts 35
    Thank goodness this year is done for the hurting titans team. Jeremy sits back and quietly awaits to see if he sneaks in for his possibly 3rd shot at that shinny trophy.
    Lions 24 vs Vikings 21
    Lions pick up a huge win. Not sure what went on here, but congrats on the W Win. Hurts that pick status. A game neither coach REALLY wanted to win. The real robbed people are the fans. Better luck next year.
    Cards 14 vs 49ers 37
    Cards sure up that #1 pick, they hope. 9ers make things super tough on the Rams. This 9ers team is scary guys.

There's your week 17 outlook. Next week - PLAYOFFS BABY!

A few more changes in the OMFL and it's leadership this week. In all honesty things had become stale and this was a much needed shot of excitment and energy. Now we have guys who really want to be here because a lot of the guys who left, left us long time before they quit.

On to the playoffs and the awesome offseason!!

See you guys in the wild card weekend!

• Like Like x 1
  17. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

A great read as always Nate, there isn't going to be a Green Bay upset in week 17 however.

18. BadaBing319

Awesome job Nate - can't wait to read the playoff edition!