THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL - WEEK 1 & SEASON 4 PREVIEW

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Aug 27, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL - WEEK 1 & SEASON 4 PREVIEW

[​IMG]

Welcome to the OMFL season 4 preview and our look at week 1. Man, what a LONG offseason! Lots of changes, tweaks, and upheavals here in the OMFL this offseason, but the good news is the league is on track and playing games now, and that my friend is worth getting excited over. This week we are going to take a look at our season four preview and our week 1 games. Lets kickoff with my surprises so far, going into week 1.

My surprises for week 1.
    Column 1 Column 2
    Owner/Team
    DJDUNN Ok, so no team to start off with, but there's not much a team can do to surprise me right now. Dunn has went crazy beast mode with the board this offseason. This cat is all over the place helping, doing, and taking care of little odds and ends that need to be done. Dunn has been the #1 worker this offseason with the board. MAJOR props to you hommie.
    Winuvas Good old winuvas is back. I can say old because he's family and he's a few months older than me. :) No one ever wanted Win to leave, even the 2nd time, but we are sure glad he's back. This cat has single handedly given us one of the most realistic systems out there to have as a capbook. No one will ever know how much time and effort really went into this thing. I know it had it's flaws and we are working hard to simplify it, but Win still deserves a standing ovation!
    Moogle When Moogle left, he was at the top of his game with the Lions. Having just knocked off one of the teams who represented the OMFL in the NFC Championship game (only loss), his internet forced him to retire. Not 2 months later though Moogle had the connection fixed and a team opened up and Moogle is back on the prowl in the OMFL. Look for his Texans to put up huge points and make a run at the AFC. Even thought I am a NFC guy all the way, I've got to give the AFC it's props. There are some major stud owners over there playing OMFL ball.
    Steven The Lions were such a team in turmoil. After the loss of Moogle, Steven took the team over, only to have to give them up in week 17 because of internet issues. The Lions promptly were knocked out of the playoffs and the team was ownerless! Then comes the start of 2k11, and we get a message that Steven too got his internet issue fixed! Team opened up and Steven is also back. Let's see if he can get his new team back to the promise land of the playoffs.

Season 4 Preview
    There is no need for me to make my own rankings when there are guys way smarter than I making them. Lets take a look at Frisk and Sciko's rankings (I didn't know they were a couple?).
    [​IMG] FRISK & SCIKO'S POWER RANKINGS

Season 4, Week 1

# Logo Team Owner Record Last Week Change Comments
    1 [​IMG] Philadelphia Eagles Vishal 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Vishal has his team ready for another OMFL bowl victory. Even with Kolb as a starter, Vishal finds a way to win.
    2 [​IMG] New England Patriots Gaddy 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Cocky Monster Gaddy talks the talk and with the Patriots he better walk the walk. If teams won't be able to adjust to the deep bomb to Moss, it could be a walk in the park.
    3 [​IMG] New York Jets Scikotic 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Sciko knows his team better than Rex does. Look for him to exploit just about every match up as this strategical master is bringing 2 or 3 guys at you every play.
    4 [​IMG] New Orleans Saints Nate 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Nate the great went heavy after speed in Free Agency. Look for Brees to make a lot of completions to Devery Henderson. If the defense can hold up it will be good fortune for the Saints.
    5 [​IMG] Detroit Lions Jeremy 0-0 N/A [​IMG] The Lions made a ton of upgrades this offseason and with premier skilled players and rookie Jahvid Best, Jeremy will suprise a lot of teams, especially in the NFC North.
    6 [​IMG] Miami Dolphins Mustang 0-0 N/A [​IMG] The verbal Mustang and Gaddy battle continues and is now an on field rivalry as Mustang takes over the his team, The Dolphins. With some major moves this offseason, the Phins have brought in some serious talent but still have Henne at QB. If he plays well, so will Stang.
    7 [​IMG] New York Giants PepprNY 0-0 N/A [​IMG] The Giants are always a force in the NFC east. With some recent moves to bring in Larry Fitzgerald to make room for an inexperienced, young defensive line, Pepper appears to be making the right moves for his team.
    8 [​IMG] Houston Texans Moogle 0-0 N/A [​IMG] We all know Moogle can play. Schaub plays consistent enough and with Andre Johnson lining up wide, look for an impressive west coast offense for the Texans.
    9 [​IMG] Jacksonville Jaguars sdunlap 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Everyone knows that dunlap can play. But with issues in personnel could that handicap him? Of course he will be doing some GM'ing to bring in the right guys to lead the Jags to vicotry. Take a seat Garrard.
    10 [​IMG] Minnesota Vikings tankwillis 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Oh the Vikes. Brett is back. AP is a beast, and tank is great at running the ball. Look for some big plays from AP and Percy to take the Vikes to the playoffs and a great season.
    11 [​IMG] Cincinnatti Bengals DJDunn 0-0 N/A [​IMG] DJ is one of the most consistent players in the OMFL and with some serious upgrades this off season look for the Bengals to make some noise. With one of the best secondary's in the OMFL, the addition of TO will be a nice offset to Carson and Ochocinco.
    12 [​IMG] Tennessee Titans Bigox 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Bigox loves CJ and claims he will get 2,500 yards this season. If this does happen, its goodnight for the opponent.
    13 [​IMG] Dallas Cowboys Wajomatik 0-0 N/A [​IMG] America's team has brought in some big named guys with the addition to the young talent they already have. Wajo loves the 3-4 blitzing scheme and will be bringing the heat just about every play.
    14 [​IMG] San Francisco 49ers Dritsch 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Dritsch has some talent and one of the toughest defenses in the OMFL. With one of the easiest divisions in the OMFL. look for Dritsch to take it like a walk in the park.
    15 [​IMG] Green Bay Packers Hulk_Hagen 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Hulk is known for his long, chew clocking, power football drives. With a great offensive line and Ryan Grant at RB, look for this methodical owner to bruise his way to success in the NFC North.
    16 [​IMG] Atlanta Falcons Controllerabuser 0-0 N/A [​IMG] CA is a very conservative player that balances run and pass. He will need to find the perfect mix to get Roddy and Burner Turner the ball. With some defensive holes in the secondary I don't know if his powerful offense will be able to keep up with his opponents.
    17 [​IMG] Kansas City Chiefs Bluebean 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Bluebean has a challenge ahead of him with the Chiefs. He turned the Rams from zero's to hero's in season 1-3, can he do the same with KC? He has already made some big moves that has some owner's scratching their head. Let's see if it pays off.
    18 [​IMG] Arizona Cardinals Emmdotfrisk 0-0 N/A [​IMG] The Cards are pretty balanced on offense and defense but lack at a few skilled positions that will produce a lot of L's. After dealing Fitz and young staple of the D line Calais Campbell, many owners don't think Frisk has his team in the right direction.
    19 [​IMG] Saint Louis Rams Bruce80 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Bruce is a gamer, he will find a way to win with the Rams. With rookie QB Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson he has the potential to deal out some upsets
    20 [​IMG] Washington Redkskins Bamagrad4 0-0 N/A [​IMG] The Redskins made some great offseason moves in bringing in some experienced talent in exchange for picks and younger talent. Bama has been pretty quiet this offseason so either he is happy with his team or he isn't acknowledging current holes in his personnel.
    21 [​IMG] Seattle Seahawks pbates 0-0 N/A [​IMG] The Seahawks have not been performing well lately but with some key young talent they can make a few changes that will give them some wins. It will be tough for them to compete but bates is a gamer so he won't go down without a fight.
    22 [​IMG] Oakland Raiders Savaunte 0-0 N/A [​IMG] The Raiders brought in Jason Campbell in hopes of sparking the offense. With some questionable draft choices by Al Davis nobody is sure that the Raiders are where they need to be to compete. Let's see how savaunte handles it.
    23 [​IMG] Tampa Bay Bucs pittrocks43 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Eddie is a great player and is in it to rebuild this monster of a team. He will struggle this first year but he has some key players at needed positions that will keep him in the game. Eddie will need to control the clock and play keep away to get some low scoring wins.
    24 [​IMG] San Diego Chargers sammymitchell 0-0 N/A [​IMG] The Chargers have a high powered offense and a decent defense but do they have the consistency they need to get repeat wins? Sammy moved over from the Broncos last season and has had some struggles adjusting.
    25 [​IMG] Buffalo Bills stevenrhyscann 0-0 N/A [​IMG] The Bills have arguably the worst team in the OMFL but stevenrhyscann is no joke of a player. He has already but in motion addressing his major issue at QB by signing make a wish foundation QB Robert You who is a young arm with B potential. CJ Spiller will spark the offense but the defense is in serious question.
    26 [​IMG] Chicago Bears Cali_Bucc 0-0 N/A [​IMG] The Bears have one of the best defense and CB has been prowling the trade wire constantly looking for upgrades. He has sacrificed some offensive talent to bring in some defensive guys. Its apparent his goal is to win low scoring matches and feed Forte the rock. Let's see if it pays off.
    27 [​IMG] Baltimore Ravens Weblink 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Weblink and the Ravens are at it yet again! With one of the best teams in the OMFL it is tough to say how they will end up. If web can play consistent I see good fortune in the Ravens future.
    28 [​IMG] Denver Broncos Winuvas 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Winuvas the mastermind himself is scheming on a hourly basis. Jimmy Neutron has had his mind fixated on the cap book but once that's squared away its GM'ing time. If Win can make the right moves he will prove me wrong and have a much better season than our predictions.
    29 [​IMG] Carolina Panthers Claven 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Claven has been a bit of a ghost lately and it may reflect upon his team. Without that lil edge the Panthers will take a bit of a hit in their future games.
    30 [​IMG] Pittsburgh Steelers Jethro 0-0 N/A [​IMG] The Steelers have some skilled players but Jethro hasn't had the best success in the past. If he can put things together he has a chance to take the division but it isn't probable.
    31 [​IMG] Indianapolis Colts Saintsdave 0-0 N/A [​IMG] Saintsdave got his hands on the best team in the OMFL but its a crap shoot whether they will be used at their full potential. I hope Dave proves us wrong.
    32 [​IMG] Cleveland Browns gabeastmode 0-0 N/A [​IMG] The Browns have a ton of holes and GA doesn't seem to be addressing them in Free Agency. Missing out on this crucial period may prove detrimental to the state of the Browns organization.

First WOW, great work guys. The thing is beautiful, not to mention HUGE. :p A few thoughts on this before we pick some games. First, the long time OMFL Paper Champs are right there at the top where they always are. I'll give it it him, at least last year he won a game in the playoffs. The Pats will always roll in the season, but he has yet to prove himself amongst the big boys in the playoffs. I have to give it to him, his game verse the Jags was epic, only beat out by the OMFL Bowl game a few days later. I wish I knew what his deal was in the playoffs, but we'll worry about that when they get here. Right now you better watch out for these Pats.

The Eagles earn the top spot, but I have my doubts about his new team going into the season. I have a feeling he will be good, but I don't think it will be as easy a cake walk as last year was. Soon time will tell, but no Manning, no Bush, and no super fast defense means not the same team. The cat did do one thing - DRIVE up the price and spend the money on fast, mediocre players. Thank the new cap rules to him, he single handedly made us change.

Jeremy and the Lions, Stang and the Dolphins, Tank and the Vikings, Ox and the Titans, and Wajo and his Cowboys are all very interesting teams this year. It's going to be fun as we all learn the new game and see what teams separate themselves and what teams come back to the pack.

Let me make some quick predictions:
    AFC NORTH: Bengals
    AFC SOUTH: Texans
    AFC EAST: Pats
    AFC WEST: Cheifs

NFC NORTH: Vikings
    NFC SOUTH: Failclowns
    NFC EAST: Cowboys
    NFC WEST: 49ers

NFC CHAMP: Vikings
    AFC CHAMP: Texans

OMFL BOWL CHAMP: Texans

Those are my Season 4 predictions, now lets get to Week 1 where it all begins.

Next post will have my predictions for week 1.

2. natedawg212000

Week 1 games:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GOTW - WK 16
    Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    BENGALS VS PATS I wanted to take the Chargers vs Chiefs game, but I just feel that this one could be epic. CJO, Brady, TO, Moss, Palmer, and the list goes on and on. There is some serious fire power in this game and after picking the Bengals to win their division the bulls eye may be on their back a little. Pats are the regular season champs each year, putting together one of the sickest regular season records that you will ever find in the OMFL. I am going to take the Pats in this game, but look for it to be a battle. This one isn't decided until late, real late. Lets call it 28-25 Pats on a last minute FG, maybe even OT.

[​IMG]
    UPSET SPECIAL - WK 16
    Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    CHARGERS VS CHIEFS Ok, so I know I took the chiefs to win their division and I do still believe in them, but two things going on in the background of this game. First is Sammy is back, well kinda. He's quiet, which worries me about his team because I think he will be focused and ready. Second this is Bluebean is on Vaca or out of town or something. This means he won't be focused when he returns. I think Sammy knows what he has and Blue will still be figuring it out. You're still my boy blue, just not this week. Chargers shock the Chiefs 24-14.

Now the rest of my 'predictions'...
    Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    SAINTS VS VIKINGS The best running GM in the league takes over the best running back in the game. Not good for the Saints defense who is still learning what they do and don't have. Look for Brees, Bush, and Henderson to do their thing as the Saints are again loaded with offensive weapons, but the defense will struggle. Question in this game is what team will step up and play some defense. I have a feeling Tank will have the upper hand here. 38-28 Vikings.
    DOLPHINS VS BILLS Mustang took the plunge and took his life time team of the Dolphins. The Bills get good old Steven back at the helm. Look for the phins to have some qb issues early in the year, yet rely heavy on their running game. Steve will have some play makers on offense himself, look for the Bills try try and use the Dolphins same running attack against them. Should be a great game to watch. Dolphins win in a close one - 21-17.
    COLTS VS TEXANS Good ole SaintsDave finally gets a solid team at his hands with the Colts, and the high scoring Moogle gets one of the best offenses at his. Look for Dave to have his best year ever, just not this week. Moogle will score and score at will. Texans 32-21.
    LIONS VS BEARS The Bears have a new owner here in the OMFL and remain a huge unknown, while the Lions pick up Mr Steady in the 2 time OMFL Bowl champion, Jeremy. This is a tough call just because I am not sure what the bears will and won't do well this season. Look for the Lions, who have made a few moves, to be much improved on Defense, because there is no shortage of weapons on offense. Ill go with Jeremy until I see what Cali has - Lions win 28-17.
    FALCONS VS STEELERS The up again down again Jethro takes over a good looking team with the Steelers. The Failclowns (sorry, rivalry) get one of the most talked about, highest praised owners to ever enter the OMFL in controler. Both teams are a huge unknown for me. Looks like the OMFL Big Ben got lucky and kept it in his drawers, so Jethro will have a good qb. I think the Steelers have lost too much and the Failclowns have gained too much. Falcons in a good game early, sleeper late, 30-17.
    BROWNS VS BUCS Beastmode and his Browns have been a steady addition to the league since entering not too long back, while Pitt and his Bucs were my favorite 'upset of the week' call last year. Pitt has been super busy with his league, and our fellow TF brothers, while Beast has just been sitting back getting ready. Look for this to be a game of two of my favorite 'sleeper' picks this year. I am going to take the Bucs and those stud Lbs he has - 24-14 Bucs.
    BRONCOS VS JAGS Good thing is Win is back, bad issue is he has to face the AFC Rep in last years OMFL EPIC Bowl game, the Jags. Dunlap is at it again, trading and forming almost the exact same team that got him to the big game last year. His biggest issue - no Drew Brees, he's still a Saint. Look for both teams to feel each other out and the Jags to put it away late. Will we get to see Mr. Heisman? Jags 24-21.
    RAIDERS VS TITANS Sav is back where he belongs - in silver and black. Ox is back where he always is - holding CJ's jock strap. Ox has probably been one of the biggest pre-game players of this Madden game. Look for CJ, I mean OX, to get off to a hot start. Ox has already called a 2500 yard season from Mr. CJ so the Raiders will have his hands full. With that said I think the Titans get back off to their normal slow starts - Raiders win 26-21.
    PANTHERS VS GIANTS Pepper has changed his name so many times I am going to start calling him Ocho! Claven is back and excited about his new team. Problem is, for the Panthers, that Claven has been on the worlds longest vaca, like 9 weeks or something. Look for Pepper and his Gmen to get rolling while the Panthers are still on vaca time. Giants 34-14.
    49ERS VS SEAHAWKS The biggest trash talker in the OMFL, Bates, has been totally quiet this offseason, while the OMFL's best defensive team the past few seasons, the 49ers, have been getting ready. I look for both teams to be very good this season as they both have solid owners. I am taking the 49ers due to more weapons. 49ers 28-17.
    CARDS VS RAMS Cards get the great Frisk and Bruce hops over to grab his favorite team the Rams. I know these are two great owners, the problem is their teams aren't so great. Look for both to try and figure out how to score. I am taking the Rams in a sleeper - 12-6.
    PACKERS VS EAGLES Packers get a new owner in HulkHagen, the old Bills owner. Now that he has one of the best offenses in the league, what can Hulk do? We'll soon find out because he is up against one of the best all time teams in the league, and DEFENDING OMFLBowl Champ, the Eagles. Eagles went after speed, speed, and more speed, and just in case he missed anyone even more speed. I think this cat would sign a K or P if he had 90 speed, just so that no one else could have them. Packers have O fire power and the Eagles will be trying to learn their new team. I hope Vishal has those new fast CBs ready, because he will need them. Ill take the Eagles, just because hes the Champ, in a close one 32-30.
    COWBOYS VS REDSKINS Rival game, or it's suppose to be. I hope that bama sticks it out with the Skins because it would be nice to get some real rivals around here. Simple thing with this game is the Cowboys are loaded and ready, the Skins are still going to be figuring out what they do and don't have. Cowboys roll big on the backs of their backs, 36-17.
    RAVENS VS JETS Talk about defense, man this game is going to have some serious defensive play makers. There may not be a better team on paper than the Jets. This team is LOADED with talent and have a stud owner at the controls. Web had his best season to date last year and will be looking to build off of that. A stud defense is his trademark and this year he actually has some nice weapons on offense. Look for the Jets to just be too much, but the Ravens will bounce back. Jets run away early and hold on late - 34-28.

The OMFL Season 4 is under way and things are looking up. We all can't wait to hit the field and begin to see some of these results come in. New systems, new teams, new owners, NEW SEASON. The best is yet to come for the OMFL. Gl to all coaches and teams out there, stay healthy and have fun.

See you guys next week!

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!! GOOD JOB NATE!

4. natedawg212000

ha! that's right.. well not in my home, but i am sure its right somewhere... :)

5. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

Good job nate...and thanks to Dunn and Win I got a lot help from them guys in the past couple days....oh yea Wajo i forgot about

6. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Sweet!!! Love these Nate, got me pumped to take the field.

7. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Unbelievable write up Nate..

Thanks!!!!!

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

Good write up.

Definately wanted Merriman back, he's just too good as a 4-3 DE, and he's still fairly young. But I wouldn't say I'm building the same team as I had last year by any means :) You'll just have to wait and see on that one, but I've got a pretty solid long term plan.

Expect Jags to be competitive in the first couple of years, and then in 3 & 4 we should be title contenders. . .hopefully!

9. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Awesome Nate - but I'm not fallin for it! I was up and down last year and I expect more of the same this year. A bunch of ballers here and I am just hoping not to embarrass myself or the VIKES.

BTW - I am having hard time with run game this year and Adrian "Don't call me daunte fumblepepper" Peterson has coughed up the ball alot in games I've played. (Now I'm sandbagging ;) )

Can't wait for our game!!

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

R1 Helps!

11. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Thanks for the support, I set up our game at 730 tomorrow morning, in hopes that Bluebean is half awake. hahahahaha.........Strategy

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

So, can we guess records?

I'm gunning to match the Detroit Lions of 2009 (09 or 08?):

Broncos will be #1 on the draft board with 0-16.

That's how we roll in Denver. Yo.

13. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Great work Nate, i'm always impressed with how much work you put into these every week. Should be a great season!

14. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I didn't even see this write up. Solid work Nate, that was pretty damn awesome.

It would have been much better if you didn't predict me to win again. Didn't we go over this last year? Lol.

15. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Great write up Nate. The Skins is my Dream Job and won't be pulling the Saban Card. The only other team I would leave the Skins for is my Dolphins. Ready for 10-11 yr.