THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL WEEK 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jun 15, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL WEEK 10

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Welcome to our recap of week 9 and our outlook to week 10. This has actually be done for a while, but I hit submit before my game and got a error and lost the whole thing, so guess what, this one is gonna be short and sweet.

My surprises this far into the season....

My surprises so for up to week 9.
    Column 1
    Vikings - 4-4 - Seriously, this team is MUCH better than this. I am not sure if Frisk is just busy, or simply doesn't care about winning. One thing is for sure, no one can question his dedication to the league, and he's a great guy to boot, but 4-4 is not the type of player he is. He's a top 5 player in this league and he has the best summaries. I hope he keeps winning just so I can watch those summaries.
    Lions - 5-4 - After a amazing start, the only team to hand the Saints a loss, and then the huge loss of their coach, the Lions have struggled. I am pulling for their new owner because he seems like a good guy, but this team has way more talent on their squad then this record indicates. Great thing for him, the NFC North sucks.
    GMen - 2-6 - Cimmy is die hard, but the guy is swamped with life right now. I look forward to the old Cimmy, once he gets back in college. As for now, this Cimmy isn't playing so hot. His season is over, his division is just too good to come back from.
    Eagles 6-2 - What? The Eagles as a surprise? Really? What the heck am I thinking? Well I am thinking they got beat up by a pretty mediocre, up and down, Cowboys team. Eagles will now have to battle it out the rest of the way and hopefully pull this one out. Their defense isn't doing so great right now, but lucky for him he has Bush (UGH!) and Manning.
    49ers - 5-3 - The 9ers have revived a dead season. I had all but thrown him to the dogs when he started the way he did. They have now quietly battled back and the OMFL better take notice. Don't forget this team was in the OMFL Bowl last year, and that's no fluke. Congrats to the 9ers.

Let's take a look at the games from week 9:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My 'predictions' for last week...

Got this one! This was a great game. Final 27-21 Chargers win. Looks like Sammy is enjoying his new team! 1-0

Wahhh! Oh, sorry. I hurt my friends feelings because I picked him to lose, but to my defense he was acting like someone who would lose. Bucs tried, but did not succeed. 1-1

Cowboys pull a huge upset and the Eagles defense is struggling to stop anyone. Cowboys look like they may take the division with this huge huge win VS a very good Eagles team. 1-2

Blowout. Poor Bama is still learning his team and this game. I am proud of the guy though, he's sticking it out! 49ers are going to make some noise if someone doesn't step up and beat him. Watch out OMFL. 2-2

Well it wasn't as close as I thought it would be, but the rain had a lot to do with it. Poor Claven had a ton of fumbles and mess up's. Titans roll, watch out Saints. 3-2

Looks like the Colts have their QB! Well he's no English, but he's close! J/P with Mustang. These Colts are red hot right now and look to be one of the few teams that can take a run at these mighty Pats. Chiefs stumble, but don't count this team out. Tank's a great player and he will get this team back. 4-2

Wow, I called a 3 point win, but for the wrong team. I have to be totally honest, Sav's struggling. Web picks up a huge win and is really trying to get this team back on track. He's gotta long way to go, but big win none the less. 4-3

4-3, and another winning week but I wasn't able to get it in before a lot of games were played. 25-20 overall. Let's see how things go this week...

Week 9 games:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pats VS Chargers - Sammy has his new team rolling and Pats, well, they are the Paper, um I mean, Pats. These are two hot teams who are trying to their teams in the playoffs and make a push for the OMFL Bowl. Pats will put the Chargers in their place though, just too much fire power. I think the Pats will go undefeated and finally get their team in the OMFLBowl. 36-28 Pats.

[​IMG]
    UPSET SPECIAL
    Cards VS Eagles - The Eagles defense is struggling and I was going to take the Cards simply because of their firepower. I know this game is in, but it was loaded with scoring and talent on the field. Cards had this one in the bucket late, but Manning pulls it out for the Eagles. I wouldn't have even came close to the score, but I would have called a 7 point win for cards.

Now the rest of my 'predictions'...

Skins VS Packers - Packers are still trying to figure out what kind of team they are. Skins are being coached by the 2 time, yes 2 time, OMFL Champ. I am thinking the greatness of Jeremy will simply scare the Packers to a loss without the Skins having to do too much. Look for a blowout here, unless turnovers get crazy. Skins win, 24-10.

Bills VS Browns - Well poor Bruce, who begged for a team, is struggling getting used to the new OMFL. Bruce is a long time OMFL PC'er and a ex-PC champ. Look for the struggling Browns to find that out quick and early. Bills win, 36-3.

Broncos VS Raiders- Jo has his team smoking man and the Broncos are, well, new. Probably not a fair match up and would be much better if the Broncos had a few more weeks with their team, but he doesn't. Raiders win 42-24.

Dolphins VS Jets - Not going to be a fun one. Major props to Super Dave, he's a jewel of a guy, but he can't hang with the Dolphins. Cake walk if Dolphins do what they should. Dolphins win 30-0.

Steelers VS Seahawks - I don't know that you could pay me to watch this game. Sorry fellas, love ya both, but this is gonna be a stinker. Um, I'll take the Steelers to get a win, hawks are a long way off. Steelers 14-3.

Bears VS 49ers - 49ers are hot and the Bears are not. Is Chrisdstan still the owner? I am not sure seeing as he NEVER post here. I won't even waste my time with this game. 49ers win 28-10.

Bucs VS Panthers - Hum, now this game interest me. Two of my foe's in the South are battling each other. Bucs are a very good team, but the Panthers can pull this one out if he want's too. I am just not sure he really cares to do it. Panthers in a close one 28-24.

Jags VS Falcons - I heard the Falcons didn't even attempt to schedule this game and the game will be subbed for. I'll say it, umm.. No I won't, even though I want too. I hope the Falcons get what he deserves, spots in the OMFL should be cherished and not taken for granted. Jags win, who cares the score. Pathetic.

Bengals VS Colts - Mcallister should be rookie of the year man. This cat has really put in a charge to the Colts. Bengals are well, bengals. Colts win, but it will be closer than you think. Colts 31-20.

Giants VS Cowboys - This should be game of the week, but thanks to Cimmy's schedule, it is not. Not much to write about, the Cowboys were are rolling and the Giants are just hanging on by a thread. Cowboys win 34-14.

Games already in...

Titans VS Saints - Saints are coming off a bye week and the Titans are red hot. I would have called a close game, but I thought I could pull it out. I actually had this done before my game, but when I submitted it had a error and I lost it. So I won't pick my game, but I did pick up a huge win vs a very good Titans team.

Vikings take out Chiefs. Chiefs used defense to hang in there, but the Vikings loaded offense was simply too much. Vikings run away with it late.

Well there ya have it. A great week again in the OMFL.

I am enjoying camp and I thank you guys for your patience in allowing me time to get this in.

See you guys next week!

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Yea, the Bengals/Colts wasn't really closer than you think. I wish it were...

3. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Right again on the GOTW, Pats win on a GW TD with 9 seconds to go in the game, I left him with about 2 minutes left after I tied it back up, way too much timw to give a team like that with the game on the line, and he cashed it in... great game though