THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL - WEEK 16

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jul 7, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL - WEEK 16

[​IMG]

Welcome to our recap of week 10 (yes, I haven't done one of these in that long), and our outlook to week 16. I apologize for my tardiness on these articles, but life and the OMFL's pulse had taken precedent over these articles. Hopefully now things are rolling in the right direction and we can keep them coming.

My surprises this far into the season....

My surprises so for up to week 16.
    Column 1
    Saints - 12-2 - Ok, no one expected this. I really was dead serious when I thought, at best, 3 wins. I had came off another mediocre season and seen a very hard schedule in front of me and a team with a lot of 'if's'. Not in my wildest dreams would I have only dropped 2 games. The Jags quickly snapped me back to reality a few weeks back and there is a lot of work ahead of us, but up to this point the SAINTS are the biggest surprise of the season.
    Rams - 10-4 - Bluebean was a beast over there in Buffalo, but he had his work cut out for him by taking the Rams. This team had it's early struggles, but in a weak division they could afford to get their feet wet. Blue has his team rolling now and looks to have his division wrapped up. Great season from the Rams. YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE!
    49ers - 7-7 - The NFC representative in the OMFLBowl has struggled this season. After a early hole, he looked to be crawling out of it, but looks can be deceiving. The truth of the matter is the 9ers are struggling just to stay about .500 football right now. I think his season may be done for, and that is a huge surprise for this 3rd OMFL season after the year he had last year.
    Titans - 9-5 - What was OX, like 0-5 to start off the season or something? Ok, I'll admit, the Jags only had these wins vs the Titans to hang his hat on, but that looks to be a lot stronger in this part of the season than in the beginning. OX has his team fighting for a playoff position and it all depends on the arms and legs of VY! This is a major surprise after seeing the start for these tough fighting Titans.
    Dolphins - 5-9 - I'll admit, I didn't see this one coming. TRude has pulled another disappearing act here in the OMFL and his season is over. I expected more from him, because he is not a 5-9 caliber player. With all the recent swaps of teams and coaches, look for 2k11 to be much better for TRude, if he stays here. Sad, because I expected more for a pretty good team and a really good coach. 5-9 won't cut it even in highschool.

Week 10 games:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I nailed this one and almost got the points right also! This was a very good game but these Pats are simply rolling. 1-0

118 points?!?! What the what? Man did anyone decide to play defense, or were both teams 'asking Madden'? Gezz, I almost had this one too! 1-1.

Now the rest of my 'predictions'...

Jethro put up a better fight than I thought, but it's just been a tough season for his Packers. 2-1.

Browns hung in there, but Bruce did pick up his first OMFL win. 3-1.

I called this one and almost hit the score on the head. Jo and his Raiders are just too strong. 4-1.

TRude put it to Dave. It was closer than I expected. 5-1.

Steelers win and finally in week 16, Sav and his Steelers look to have their feet under them. 6-1.

Another game where the D decided to stay home and let the O's play. 7-1.

A great game by two NFC South rivals. I've got a good week going here. 8-1.

Jags win and that owner is finally gone! 9-1.

Mcallister really had his team rolling for a few weeks there. 10-1.

Cowboys win, it's been too long since I've done this. 11-1.

Games already in...

10-1 helps my overall record of 35-21. Let's see how things go this week...

Week 16 games:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GOTW - WK 16
    RAMS VS 49ERS - Rams have their team really rolling this season and have their division all locked up (I am pretty sure). 49ers are fighting for just a shot at getting into the playoffs. Look for the 49ers to really battle this one out if he's focused. If he's already 'done', which I think he is, then this might be a sleeper. YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE! Rams whip up on those pesky 49ers and that unbelievable DLine (best dline in the league I feel). Rams win 30-18.

[​IMG]
    UPSET SPECIAL - WK 16
    COLTS VS STEELERS - Man these Colts are a hard ticket to follow. I really thought they would continue to steam roll teams after being forced to start Mcallister. That happened, for a little while, but now things seem to be back to up and down. Steelers are FINALLY getting used to this game and their team. After rolling off a few must have wins they could pull the upset here. I was not really left with a whole lot of games that would be considered upset this week, so my pick is based on lack of games more than lack of confidence in the Colts. Look for this to be a battle, as long as turnovers don't get in the way. Steelers win 28-24.

Now the rest of my 'predictions'...

SAINTS VS FALCONS - Failclowns will need a sub, so this make this game very hard to pick. Just depends on who subs and who plays. I think if Bruce plays, his old Commish shows him whats up, but since he's not I'll pick the Saints to win, but I won't pick a score, just because you don't know who's gonna play and how they will play. Saints win, just because I can't pick against myself.

PANTHERS VS COWBOYS - I almost took this as Upset of the week, but the bottom line is that Claven's been gone for several weeks and will be super rusty. Cowboys are trying to get as high a seed for the playoffs as possible. Look for the passing game to be the key for both teams. Cowboys win going away 32-21.

RAIDERS VS CHIEFS - JoJo Bean and his Raiders are just killing people. He's got the best passing game in the OMFL and his Raiders are putting up major points. Chiefs are still struggling this season, and that I didn't expect from Tank. Raiders win in a shootout - 38-21.

CARDS VS BUCS - Another game that could have been Upset of the Week, but simply the Bucs have just let me down too much to pick them. Cards have something to play for here and the Bucs are simply playing to finish out the season. Cards in a closer one than you think - 28-24.

BILLS VS DOLPHINS - Bills are brandnew to the league and well to be honest I haven't meet him or heard from him. I know nothing about the guy. Not a very good sign when your new to a league and don't post or even introduce yourself to the commish. TRude has, well, I don't know what he has but something is up. His posting and interest for the OMFL have been canned, just like his season. Neither team have much to play for, simply playing to get it over with. I'll take the Bills in a sleeper 21-14.

BRONCOS VS PATS - Pats have lost one game, the Broncos have lost more owners than the Pats have games. I don't even know who the Broncos owner is right now. I am so confused! Pats win going away - 38-17.

VIKINGS VS CHARGERS - Frisk has missed 3 weeks in a row and have killed his playoff hopes. Chargers are struggling themselves. Not even sure what to say about this game or who to pick. I guess I'll take the Chargers - 28-26.

SEAHAWKS VS BENGALS - You couldn't pay me to watch this game, sorry fellas. I'll give it to bama, he doesn't post much but at least he gets his games in, I guess. I'll always want and expect more from our guys, but I'll take what I can get this late in the game. Bengals going away 31-10.

RAVENS VS BROWNS - I'll give it to web man, he's really battled it out this year and lost some close games. He's improving, and that's always a good thing for the OMFL. Poor GA is just struggling with a team that lacks talent. Ravens win with defense 28-12.

GIANTS VS BEARS - There's so much I could say about Cimmy, but the bottom line is he didn't want to be here and I wish he would have given his team up sooner if he didn't like it here that much. Bears are, well, done for. He's kinda making his own bed here in the OMFL. Another game that's tough to call because both owners are struggling. I'll take GMen 30-16.

EAGLES VS REDSKINS - This is GOTW imo. 2 time and ONLY PS3 OMFL Champ Jeremy vs the red hot Eagles. Problem is Jeremy won't be back inshore in time to get this game in. Sucks. No telling who subs, but whoever it is won't play as good as jeremy with his own team. Eagles win in a stinker 36-24.

LIONS VS PACKERS - Lions have a huge announcement coming up soon and that announcement will shake things up for this team and the OMFL Playoffs. Not really looking forward to it, because of my own personal being in the playoffs. Packers are a better team than their 2 wins indicate, but he's given up. Um, I'll take the Lions 24-6.

Games already in...

TITANS SQUEEZE PAST TEXANS - 37-31 - Titans pick up their 10th win on the season after starting out, what 0-5 or something like that. Pretty amazing feat. The Texans just ran up against a really hard schedule and lost some close games.

JAGS TAKE DOWN JETS - 35-21 - Jags are hot and my pick to win the whole darn thing. Fastest Defense in the OMFL and his zone is unbeatable. If you don't believe me as English and his 15 yards passing a few weeks back.

The OMFL is wrapping up and the OMFL Cup Tournament is rolling. It's going to be a photo finish for some teams and an action packed playoffs. Lot's of great things are ahead for the OMFL and premier status. Stay tuned and stay plugged in or you may get left behind. Look for some dead weight to be cut after this season. Easiest way to make sure you're not dead weight is to POST and READ!

See you guys next week!

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

As always great read!

3. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

yea Nate i enjoyed the read

- i expected the Saints to win more than 3 game (lol nate) but i didnt expect them to be the best team in the NFC and maybe the best team in the league

4. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

TRude is still here and still just as interested as always!!! I will win this game just to mess up your prediction!!! Unfortunately we had to much of an up and down season, but all my losses were tightly contested bouts and for the most part against good teams.

Watch out for the Lions in Madden11. Why? Because that's where I'll be!

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

Hold that thought TRude....not sure you'll be in Detroit one this thing with Steven goes down soon.....Nate gave a little teaser earlier ;) You may have to re-evaluate team switches....just a heads up

6. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Great write up Nate. Always enjoy it

7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

uh oh.... what exactly is going on with dear old steven?

8. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

9. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Trude belongs in the NFCN!

VIKING POWER!!!

NATE - I'm like Jeckyl and Hyde - one week great, the next week not so much. Need to work on the defense mostly. Mostly.

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

I still can't figure out who is going to be in the AFC South. I hear it will be me, Ox, Dave, and I don't know who else...lol.

11. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

what is going on? did steven leave?

12. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I actually want to play as the Lions. Titans old D coordinator went there so I'm sure I can run a scheme similar to my Titans. I can't wait to see what happens so I can find out what teams are going to be available to switch.

13. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

trude don't worry i got you covered.

14. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

perfect. so in the cup i shall play as the lions.

15. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

yes, go ahead by all means. If anything goes crazy it will not involve our original party or our new party.

16. dritsch

dritsch Walk On

Those two bs sim loses really killed me. Otherwise could be sittin in a pretty decent spot.