THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL - WEEK 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Aug 31, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL - WEEK 2

[​IMG]

Week 2 is here and in a FLASH! What a awesomely killer week last week was. Owners couldn't wait to hit the field, key players going down, major upsets, huge wins, lots of points, and just some great plays! Let's get started right away.

My surprises from week 1.
    Column 1 Column 2
    Owner/Team
    HULKHAGEN What the poo' batman!?!? Hulk comes out of no where and flexes his muscles against the OMFLBowl Champ. Talk about a strong way to start off your season, take that OMFL! Was Hulk just a flash in the pants or is his team for real. Time will tell, but this was by far my biggest surprise.
    WEB WoW. Web had his best season every last year and really has started out strong, beating one of the favorites for the OMFL Bowl around here in the Jets. Web used a strong defense and a opportunistic Offense. I sure hope Web keeps up the pace because that only means good things for the OMFL. Couldn't be for a better guy.
    CALI-BUC Cali showed up STRONG on the OMFL scene with a HUGE win over Jeremy and his Lions. Jeremy has his own issues with his new team, but to give up those kind of points and allow Cali to do what he done, Cali is a balla. My second biggest surprise this past week. Can the Bears stay on top? We'll find out.
    CLAVEN Claven has struggled over the past few seasons here in the OMFL, but he has always kept a great attitude and hung in there with us. My ex-co-commish really showed up big time taking out a great Giants team with a great running game. Claven doing this kinda thing means the OMFL South is going to be one tough division.

Next post will have my predictions for week 1.

Week 1 games:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GOTW - WK 16
    Well I got the winner right, but not the score. Lots more scoring that I thought would happen this week. I'll take the win none the less. 1-0

UPSET SPECIAL - WK 16
    I got this one wrong, lol. Wow, Chiefs and Blue showed up and rocked the house. Chargers are left looking for some answers. 1-1

Now the rest of my 'predictions'...
    Ok, next time I am picking myself, regardless. Ok, probably not, but I really thought I couldn't stop AP. I'll take the W on the game and the L here, I guess. ;) 1-2

Pretty close game here, not as close as I thought, but pretty close. 'Stang will be one of the better teams again this year. 2-2.

Give it up for Super Dave man! He hung with one of the best owners around, and if it weren't for a few missed kicks he would have pulled this one off. This was one of the few games with defense. 3-2.

I don't even know what to say here. Hard to call a game when you're not sure what the other team brings to the table. Old Jeremy looks to be struggling on D big time this version. Bears show up and show off, BIG time! 3-3.

Failclowns use defense to beat up on the Steelers and Jethro. Jethro is better than his #32 rating (COME ON MAN!) but still couldn't be a very good owner in CA. 4-3

I honestly don't know how the browns put up that many points on a very good Bucs team. Look for the Bucs to bounce back, just a little too late for my record this week! Will I continue to drink the Bucs cool-aid? Many, who knows. 4-4.

I called a great game and almost nailed this one. Win has a very good team and I feel this version fits his style more. Jags are still one of the best teams, top 3 easy and will be a force all year long. 5-4

Look my Boy Sav making me look like a genius. Ok, maybe not that far, but man I sure called this one. OX, CJ, and VY are all looking for A-N-S-W-E-R-S after this weeks loss. Ox swears he's not kicking another fg the rest of the year. Someone get that dude a napkin! 6-4.

Claven shocked the mess out of me with this huge win man! Go ahead boy! I hope he keeps it rolling. Looks like that Panthers game is gonna be for real. 6-5.

Bates got smashed in the mouth and is left picking up his teeth after the 49ers came to town and simply beat them up in every position. 9ers are back this year and with that great D, look for great things from them down in the Bay. 7-5

Defense, Defense, Defense, Defense. Come on, say it with me OMFL, DEFENSE! Thats what DIDN'T show up this past week in this game. I thought both teams would struggle on offense, but it was quite the opposite, they struggled on D. Wow, great win by Bruce though. 8-5.

My biggest upset, probably of the year, was right here! Packers show up and act a fool on the OMFL Champs. Not much I can say about this other than Vishal better get his act together with this D. 8-6

Look Bama making the Cowboys sweat! You go boy! I didn't expect to see that, but with players like Claven and Web, I hope BAMA keeps it up. I wish he liked a better college football team, but yet, I won't hold that against him (BAMA SUCKS!, sorry, they are champs. Now back to you're regularly scheduled program) Wajo shows that he still knows how to win these close games, but this division is up for grabs with this new game. 9-6.

Web proved a lot of people, including myself, wrong with this huge win over Sci and his Jets. This is going to be fun to watch unfold all year long. Jets are battling injuries and left with some key weapons missing, but this is too good of a coach to miss out on the playoffs. Jets will be back. 9-7.

Check out my OMFL Highlight Video from Week 1:
    [youtube]U5ZzL1XhKkk[/youtube]

9-7 and a great way to start off week 1 - with a winning record! Now lets take a look at Week 2 and my fearless predictions!

Week 2 games:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GOTW - WK 2
    Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    SAINTS VS 49ERS I struggled to pick this game because the Jets vs Pats game is going to be a really good one. Saints roll into the Bay area after a big win at home vs the Bi-Queens, while the 9ers are coming off a huge win in week one, totally dominating the Seahawks. 9ers are a top 3 defense in the league, as always, and the Saints are a top 10 offense in the league. Strength vs Strength. Much like last year when these two teams meet up, it will come down to who makes the most big plays and makes the less screw ups. Look for the 49ers to totally shut down the Saints running game in this one, while forcing Brees to find his weapons via the air. I learned last week to not pick against myself, but I am doing it again this week. 49ers show they are back as a super power in the NFC, Saints are slapped back from the reality they are NOT the OMFL's #1 team. 49ers 28-14.

[​IMG]
    UPSET SPECIAL - WK 2
    Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    VIKINGS VS DOLPHINS Vikings are fo-real people! I know they lost last week to my Saints, but if Brett does a better job holding on to the ball, that is a much closer game. Vikings got rolling late and will bring that offense to the Dolphins. I am taking the Vikings to upset Stang and his Phins 24-21.

Now the rest of my 'predictions'...
    Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    RAVENS VS BENGALS Dunn and his Bengals were slapped around after about 1500 games of dc's vs the Pats last week, while the Ravens flexed their OMFL muscles and beat up on the powerhouse Jets. Look for Dunn to bounce back this week and have a better performance. Web started off hot last year, and I am going to stick with that trend. Ravens win 24-18.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    BUCS VS PANTHERS Bucs cool-aid always seems good to me, but their record shows otherwise. Panthers really had that running game going last week and look to keep it going at home. Look for the Bucs to get some things going on offense, but until this defense with potential steps up, I am taking the Panthers and that stud back field of Williams and Steward. Panthers win 28-24.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    BILLS VS PACKERS Bills travel to meet the Pack attack. Packers made a name for themselves and after putting that kind of whoopin' on the OMFL champs, I won't pick against them for a long long time to come. I'll take the Bills to struggle as Steven just can't hang with the firepower of the Packers. 45-24 Packers.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    BEARS VS COWBOYS Cali and Wajo, this is going to be a good game. Wajo has a great ability to hang with a tight game, while Cali and his new Bears look to be a force in the NFC. This will be a early test to show us where both teams match up. Give me the Bears after last weeks game to beat up on Tony Homo and the Cowgirls. 36-18.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    CARDS VS FAILCLOWNS CA gets to face his good friend Frisk in an early OMFL showdown. The Cards lost almost half the team to injury last week and the Failclowns had their hands full with the Steelers. Give me Frisk to upset the Failclowns and CA in a OMFL insta-classic. Cards win in a close one 21-20.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    STEELERS VS TITANS Jethro has his new team and is trying to get his feet under him, Ox is back with his Titans and back to his normal slow start. Look for FGS to play a huge roll in this one, right Ox? ;) Give me Ox and his titans to win at home. 27-14 after a missed XP ;)

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    SEAHAWKS VS BRONCOS Win hung with a very good team in the Jags last week, while Bates and his Seahawks were embarrassed at home. Broncos are at home, so I am taking the home team to win this one. Give me Broncos with a 10-3 win.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    RAMS VS RAIDERS Two LONG time OMFL PC'ers go back at it on the gridiron. Look for Sav to keep his Raiders rolling in this one. Bruce has a good team, but injuries are going to deplete an already low roster. Raiders win 26-24.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    PATS VS JETS This really could have been game of the week right here. If Jets win last week, it is GOTW. Sci and his jets were bite in the booty by the injury bug last year while the Pats kept their paper champ image alive with a big win verse the Bengals. I am going to take the Pats to win in the new NY stadium, only because they have a full roster, and the Pats are simply a great team during the regular season. Pats win 42-21.

(continue next post)

2. natedawg212000

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    TEXANS VS SKINS Moogle and his team came back to the OMFL, but that offense was better before he left, from what I remember. Skins hung tough with the Cowgirls last week. I am going to take the Skins in a upset here in the OMFL. This one may bite me, I am just going with my gut feeling with this one. Moogle is a great player but I like these skins. Skins win in a squeaker- 14-21

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    JAGS VS CHARGERS Jags are one of the best teams in the league, Sammy will be, just not there yet. Chargers have all the firepower in this game, but I think the Jags simply know how to win right now and the Chargers are still figuring it out. Give me the Jags on a small upset since its back home in SD. Jags win 32-28.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    GIANTS VS COLTS Giants and Pepperlink, PepperKlink, Peckerlink, whatever he changed his name too this week, were shocked by a very good running game with the Panthers. (I am just joking about the name, no one get in an uproar, I like Pepper and I am just joking for article sake). Dave and his Colts almost pulled off a win last week. Give me the Giants to bounce back and beat the Colts at home. Giants win in another close game 24-21.

Week 2 games already played:

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    EAGLES OUT SOAR LIONS 50-35 Jeremy always finds a way to bounce back late in the year, he's a winner and he will figure this out sooner or later. The Eagles bounce back this year, but man, both teams SUCK at defense. They better fix those issues and fix 'em quick. Hows those multimillion dollar cbs working for you there Vishal?

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    CHIEFS PUT BROWNS IN A PAPER BAG 36-26 Blue, yo my boy! Sorry, I know I should quit, but I can't help myself. Browns get snapped back down after a big game last week, blue gets his team rolling. Not sure who I would have taken here, but it looks like a great game.

OMFL Power rankings are out and the Saints are #1 on the list. I've said it once here and I'll say it again, I dont think we are the #1 team, I know we aren't the #1 team. Pats, Phins, Texans, and Packers round out your top 5. Looks like all the power is in the AFC again this year, but there are some up and coming teams in the NFC that WILL make some noise.

Great week OMFL. I look forward to being with you again next week.

See you guys in week 3!

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

great job Nate!

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

wait, didn't the Browns win???

5. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Love it bro. Talkin a bit of smack too, not that we needed it but thanks for the motivation.:biggun:

6. natedawg212000

Ill fix the browns score later, i didnt read it correctly.

7. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

RUSHING...........what is that?????

With 2 good RBs and a really good O-line, every starter is 85 ovr or better, and I can barely get past the line of scrimmage, at all. From a top 5 rushing owner in the league, to the basement early-on, with a run-first mentality, the Chargers ARE looking for answers??? And a premier sig that is not messed up below

8. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Geez Nate - way to put the pressure on the Vikes!!

Fun read but I am afraid I may crap the bed again!!!

9. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

This is friggin amazing - I'm not in the league, but great job...

10. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Greatn stuff Nate, hoping to prove you wrong on that Packers by 21 prediction.

11. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Great Job Nate, Excellent Read.

12. CALi BUCC

CALi BUCC Walk On

good shyt nate!

yo WAJO Great Game dude.

13. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

nearly called it nate, just double the scores. good write up.

read and signed.