THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL WEEK 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, May 13, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL WEEK 3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Welcome to this week in the OMFL! I will do my very best to bring this and Nate's Hot Seat back each and every week before the Advance!

So, this is coming just a little late, but man, what a freakin' season already in the OMFL! Wow, things are moving fast and progressing, new things are popping up and teams are rolling while others are folding!

Let's take a quick look at the season up to this point.

Suprises

Cards - 2-0 - What!?!? Cards are 2 and 0 man! They are red hot and bates has his team rolling. Who knows if they can keep it up, but one this is for sure. They've got the flyest looking coach and he's not short on attitude and confidence.

49ers - 0-2 - Oh how the mighty have fallen. Is this the same team that was in the OMFLBowl? One thing is for sure they are not short on talent on offense, but it's their defensive backfield that has this team hurting. I don't think this team will stay there, but only time will tell.

Rams - 0-2 - Bluebean left the Bills for greener pastures in STL, but things haven't quite worked out that way, just yet. Can bluebean right this ship? He's got the talent, but the cabinets are a bit bear in STL.

Titans - 0-2 - Wow. I'll be the first to admit, I'd never would have guest this team would be 0-2. The titans are loaded with talent and any time you have a backfield like they do down in Tenn, you're going to compete. Let's only hope that the OX can get this team rolling again.

Ravens - 2-0 - Bravo, bravo, bravo! There's no other owner, except for maybe SaintsDave, that I could be happier for. It's about time that we see Web's hard work start to pay off for this Baltimore team. Who cares if he will keep it up, just enjoy it right now!

Lions 2-0 - Look, no one, even for a second, doubted Moogles talents at the stick. It was the team in Detroit that we doubted. Old quite Moogle has his team going in the right direction. It looks like the Bears are struggling and the division is up for grabs.

Saints 2-0 - What's in the water down in the bayou. 2 good teams and 2 good wins. The problem I have with myself is I always fall apart in the middle of the season and this schedule isn't easy.

Let's take a look at the games:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Games that are in:

Dolphins take down the Raiders. There are mumbles that 2k11 will have some major changes for the Dolphins. Some are saying that a home town hero is coming home to coach the team for 2k11. All that's for not right now though as the Dolphins still have a season to play. Raiders are really rolling on offense with old timer Warner who is in his last season of the OMFL, but the Dolphins were relentless in the 2nd half. Dolphins run away with it in the 2nd half and the Raiders had no running game and no answer for the 'phins. My problem with the phins is their QB situation. Let's just see how that plays out.

Jags beat up on the Browns. Yawn. There's nothing to brag about here. Browns are still struggling to get their feet under them and the Jags are a top tier team in the OMFL. Can Smith and Brees really stay healthy all year? We'll see.

49ers turn it around vs the Bengals. The 49ers are fighting for their OMFL playoff lives, already this early in the season. They are loaded on offense. I still don't like their QB and their DB's, but there is a great set of RBs and WRs and the best Dline I've ever seen. This team has the potential, but we'll see if they can turn it around. Bengals fought hard, but the 49ers get back on the winning track.

Titans and Bucs have a shoot out. Bucs are a very very good team who just isn't getting the breaks just yet. A great team built by the new Chiefs owner Winuvas, the Bucs are trying hard to compete in a very good NFC South. The Titans get back on the winning track after starting off slow. No one thought this team would lose every game, but it will be a little hole to climb out to compete in the AFC.

Saints take down the Bears. SHOCKER! Saints 3-0? No freaking way. The Saints totally shut down the Bears passing attack and their Rookie WR Grimes? had a very unimpressive game. Saints defense is really rolling and their offense is just eating up clock like it's no bodys business.

Colts beat up on Ravens. The whole league is beaming and stirred by this young Ravens team and their great coach Web. Reality snapped them back this week though as the Colts beat them up pretty good. Ravens are a good team, but still need another year or two before they can constantly compete in the AFC. Colts keep rolling.

Falcons peck the Texans. The texans are a bit of a shocker to me. I was expecting big things from this team but they have started off very slow. I was pulling for the Texans in this one but those pesky, very good, very hard to beat Falcons keep rolling. This NFC South is going to be fun to watch. The Falcons are for real.

Pats beat up Gmen. Giants get home town favorite Cimmy back in town, yet they quickly realized that the OMFL Season Paper Champs are still really tough. The Pats are by far one of the top 3 teams in the OMFL, yet they struggle (aka the Bills) to put it all together in the Playoffs. Either way, Pats roll and Gmen go home licking their wounds.

Games yet to be played:

Seahawks (0-2) vs Eagles (2-0) - This maybe a cake walk for those cap happy Eagles. Seahawks have a great owner, but his team still lacks on the field. The Eagles are rolling with their team and are one of the favorites to win the whole thing. Personally I think this is going to be over by the 3rd quarter. Eagles just have too much fire power for the Seahawks to keep up with this track team. Eagles 38 - Seahawks 15

Redskins (1-1) vs Cards (2-0) - One thing about jeremy is he get's up for big games, and well, this is a big game. The 2 time OMFL Bowl Champ is still getting used to his new team and the Cards are walking high, needing, begging to be knocked off his perch. If he pulls this one off, he'll get what he's been looking for - props. Doesn't happen, no one gets up for a big game like Jeremy. There's a reason hes a 2 time champ. Redskins 28 - Cards 24

Rams (0-2) vs Steelers (1-1) - Bluebean will get this team rolling, sooner or later. I just think later will be much later, LOL. Sav is back in the OMFL where his online career began. Talk about blessed, this dude takes over the OMFL Bowl champs team. Not a bad gig. Steelers 34 - Rams 18

Jets (0-2) vs Chiefs (1-1) - No one can talk down about what Winuvas done for this league early in his career. No one can even approach the subject of SaintsDave's attitude. These two guys are great coaches in the OMFL, but neither has put it together on the field. Dave keeps his head high and has really put together a good team. I think this will be the Jets best season ever. I know when he played my Saints he was much tougher last year than year 1. Winuvas maybe on his way out, again. I hope not, but after a sub game last week, and this game still in the air, I wouldn't be surprised to see another 'resignation' post by old Win. If he shows for the game I think he wins though. Chiefs 17 - Jets 9

Lions (2-0) vs Panthers (0-2) - Moogle is simply rolling. He has a mid-level team in the playoffs with the Seahawks and now he has worked his magic with the Lions. Co-commish Claven is swamped with personal life, and struggling with his QB situation down in Carolina. Until he gets that solved he will struggle. Lions in a easy one. Lions 32 - Panthers 21

Broncos (1-1) vs Vikings (1-1) - Both of these teams are better than this record implies right now. Both owners are still trying to figure out what kind of team they have here. I still believe in the Vikings as a team though and think they will get it all together. As long as you have AP you're going to be a good team. Vikings 21 - Broncos 14

Well thats a look at your teams so far this year. Things are really going great for the OMFL. We have some new news that will be announced shortly that will bring the OMFL to a new level. The OMFL isn't the OMFL for everyone around here, so this news may mean we need to cut ties with a few owners, but for those who want to be here, you will be here for a great great great new future that is coming quickly for the OMFL.

Until next week that is for for 'This Week in the OMFL'.

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

geat job nate, awesome read, a ton better than my broken english chicken scratch.

3. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Excellent write up.

4. Moogle06

Moogle06 Walk On

Good write up Nate. Look forward to seeing next weeks edition.

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

Great write up....but what the heck is up with the format. THe thing stretches to the right wayyy to far bud. Almost unreadable :) Just sayin ;)

6. natedawg212000

It looks fine to me

7. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

You hit the nail on head Nate. Jeremy just beat me 21-17. Definitely a humbling loss...Looking forward to his writeup.

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL LEBRON!

8. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

5 Stars! Nate

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Great read, love this idea...

Giants get beat up??? Lol come on! Gimme us some love! 23-14 to the paper champs and we froze up with 7 mins left in the 4th...guess you have to be there to understand it was a great game....haha love this tho Nate. I especially love the utilization of our new logo... (y)

10. natedawg212000

thanks fellas. sure is a whole lot easier to write when you know someone is reading!