THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL - WEEK 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Sep 10, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL - WEEK 4

[​IMG]

Week 4 is already upon us! I am sorry OMFL'ers for being a week late, real life and a anniversary called over my duties here. Let me catch up with where I dropped off in week 2 and take a look at week 4.

My surprises from week 2 & 3.
    Column 1 Column 2
    Owner/Team
    GABEASTMODE Who, what, when, where? This cat has came from no where and has the flippin' BROWNS of all teams at 3-0 with the leagues best ranked team, and offense. GA is defiantly in beast mode status. The OMFL better take note, another strong AFC team has risen up.
    BLUEBEAN Blue, I really want you to still be my boy, but your game is off right now. The swap over to KC hasn't been an easy one good ole' Blue. Questions remain about his offense (30th in the OMFL) and his struggling defense (20th in the OMFL). Can Blue pull it together with this team? He better act quick.
    STEVEN Steven has brought his A game with him when he joined back here in the OMFL. Problem is he dropped his offense down the drain some where. I've gotta have the bills on my list though, 2-1 with the 28th offense and a MAJOR upset last week. Major props. Having the 3rd best defense in the league helps and Steven is rolling.
    OX Speaking of Defense, lets take a moment and have a memorial for the titans defense. They were once here, once great, once noticeable; now sadly they have left us behind. Speaking of behind, thats exactly what the Titans defense smells like and what the titans offense is playing from - BEHIND. CJ has looked more like MJ running the ball and the Titans are in a major struggle. I know I called a slow start, but this is crazy. Ox had better get his mind right if he is going to get 2500 yards.

Next lets take a look at my predictions from week 2.

Week 2 games:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So this really was an OMFL instant classic game, that was before the disco in the 4th quarter. Both owners wanted and tried to replay the game but weren't able too and the game was a sim. Saints win the sim, but that doesnt count, so this one doesnt go in the record.

61 points. Really? 61? seriously? Ah crap, no way you can pull an 'upset' after giving up 61 points. The only thing upsetting about this game was the defense, or lack there of. 0-1.

Bengals had to get 11 points in the 4th quarter to snatch this one away from the Ravens. I still believe in this ravens team, but its these kind of games that Web must learn to close out to be an every year contender. 0-2.

I called a 4 point game and it was more of a 3 point game, close but a W is a W! Panthers are one of the biggest surprises of the season and the Bucs, as normal, are just a tad short. 1-2.

Bills totally shocked me on this one. This game was a total role reversal and the team I thought was a surprise seems to not be as much of one, and the team I thought wasn't one, seems to be a huge surprise. Sorry Steven - I got it wrong my friend. 1-3.

Closer game than I thought would take place. These cowgirls are stronger than I thought, but the up and coming, here and now Bears were just too much. 2-3.

I was close, but there was nothing small about this score. Wow. Where has the defense gone in the OMFL? Falcons are a very good team and the Cards pick up a much needed win despite having some big time injuries. Two good friends in a classic OMFL battle. 3-3.

So OX made all of his kicks and it was the Steelers who missed them! So my 'glass' was a little foggy that time, but I still called a big time victory for the lowly Titans. 4-3.

Look at my boy Win flexing those Offensive muscles! You go boy. Win doubled the score I predicted but did hold the Seahawks to just 3 points. Seahawks are struggling with their offense, maybe he and Ox could use a refresher course? 5-3.

Bruce laid the smack down on his old friend Sav. The Raiders are still a strong team, its just these Rams are rolling right now and really put it to the Raiders. Bruce is hot - watch out NFC. 5-4.

Pats pick up a big win against a very good Jets team. The Jets (now) seem to be rolling, but early in the season were still trying to figure out who they were. Look for good things from this matchup later in the year. 6-4.

Moogle, I am sorry for ever doubting your offensive skills my friend. Texans show the Skins what the AFC is all about with a beat down in week 2. I blew it! 6-5.

Sammy just couldn't get anything going against a very good Jags team. I love this Jags defense, but I have major concerns about their qb play. Can it hold up? Can it sustain a playoff run? I have my doubts, but you can't doubt this defense. 7-5

Pepper picks up a much needed win. Dave still has a ways to go, but I still think Dave will get some huge upsets as this year progresses. 8-5.

So 8-5 this week, which brings me to 17-12 on the year. Not what you would call a spectacular start, but its a winning record and that I will take any day of the week. Now lets take a look at Week 4 and my fearless predictions!

No highlights were submitted for week 2 via the thread. Don't forget guys to submit some highlights and I'll make a video like I done for week 1.

Week 4 games:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GOTW - WK 2
    Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    BENGALS VS BROWNS Bengals and Dunn are going at a pretty good clip here. Bengals bring in the 6th ranked offense, but the 17th ranked defense is just 'ok' at best. The Browns on the other hand bring in the OMFL's #1 offense and #2 defense - pretty stout for a Browns team that couldn't keep an owner over the last few years. I like Dunn and what he has down with the Bengals, but GA is simply 'beastmode' right now and will be too much. Give me Browns in a smoker - 42-28.

[​IMG]
    UPSET SPECIAL - WK 4
    Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    BRONCOS VS TITANS I would have taken the Jets, but that game is in, so I wasn't left with many games to choose from. Titans are bad right now, but truth be told he is always bad to start the season out. I don't know why that is. Win has his Broncos rolling and carries a top 10 offense and defense. Win's struggles are always behind the eyes more than behind the controller. I am just taking the Titans on a gut feeling, they can't keep sucking this bad forever, can they? Titans in a close one 24-21.

Now the rest of my 'predictions'...

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    SEAHAWKS VS RAMS Seahaws are 0-3 with the 30th offense and 28th defense, while the Rams are 3-0 with the 6th offense and 7th defense, thats about all you need to know in this game. 38-3 with the breaks on - Rams.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    PANTHERS VS SAINTS Panthers run the ball well and the Saints can struggle at times against the run. Saints do carry a top 10 (9) defense, but the Panthers are red hot despite losing a tough game last week. Give me the Saints just because they are the only real rival in the NFC South over the past few years, and the Saints have owned the series lead. Saints 28-24.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    LIONS VS PACKERS Lions finally pick up their first win last week while the Packers continue to struggle and look lost on defense. Whichever team makes the least mistakes on defense will win this game, my problem is I dont think either will do anything worth while on D. Give me Packers in a high scoring game - 46-42.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    RAVENS VS STEELERS Steelers can score, hence their #3 ranked offense, while the Ravens are suppose to stop people, not showed in their 21st ranked Defense. This is going to come down to offense and weather or not the Steelers can keep their offense rolling verses this Ravens team. Give me the ... umm... *crap*, the STEELERS in a good game. Say, 26-18.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    49ERS VS FALCONS CA is coming off a tough loss to his buddie, Frisk, last week. The 49ers are showing, once again, that they belong atop the NFC. The 49ers #5 ranked defense will have its worked cut out for them trying to stop the Falcons #3 ranked rushing attack. If the Falcons get any type of passing game, this will be a tough one for the 49ers. Give me the 49ers in a tight contest, 21-20.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    REDSKINS VS EAGLES Both of these teams love to pass the ball. The Eagles are #3 passing while the Redskins are #10 passing. The problem is defense. Neither have much of one, but the Eagles and their #15 defense seem to be improving, while the Skins can't seem to get a handle on it at all. Give me the Eagles to win big - 32-18.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    CARDS VS CHARGERS Sammy and his Chargers have all the defense in the world, while the Cards can light you up in many different ways. I was going to take the Cards in a thriller, but come to find out Sammy didn't show last night and Frisk is now out of town. This game will be simmed, which means no pick from me.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    BEARS VS GIANTS #5 offense with the #22 defense (Bears) vs the #2 offense with the #12 defense (Giants). This game maybe closer than you think. Bears are one of the best offensive teams in the league, but according to the numbers the Gmen are better! Look for both teams to battle this one out, and well honestly since he's hot I am picking against the numbers. Give me Bears 34-24.

Week 4 games already played:

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    JETS FLY PAST THE BILLS 37-12 Jets pull a major upset this week by taking down the red hot Bills. Jet's are still a very good team, but he just hadn't put up numbers like this all year long. Question is can they keep it up and turn this season around, or was this just a fluke? I really like what Steven has done so far this year and hope he bounces back after a tough loss at home.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    JAGS BEAT UP ON COLTS 38-7 Jags are still a top 5 team in the OMFL, even without all their firepower on offense. He is just doing it a different way this year. Colts have a long way to go with their injuries. Don't expect much from them for a little while.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    TEXANS EMBARRASS RAIDERS 31-6 Sav and his Raiders are really hurting right now. After being blown up by the Rams they were simply tore up by the mighty Texans. After struggling to score last week the Texans flex their muscles against a pretty good Raiders team.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    PATS OUTLAST THE DOLPHINS 47-41 GOTW material right here boys. Dolphins and Pats just duked it out all day long. Both teams have great offensive weapons, but the defense is where the question is. Injuries are hurting the dolphins but the Pats have no good excuse. Pats win, pats keep rolling, and thats all the matters.

OMFL Power rankings haven't been out in a few weeks, but teams are now starting to separate themselves in the OMFL. New powers in the Browns and Bears seem to be stepping up, while old powers in Jeremy and Vishal maybe fading fast. So far this season we have seen some major upsets, a few hicup, and even some mind blowing offensive numbers. Things will settle down, question is just when?

Great week OMFL. Things are heating up and the season is rolling! I look forward to being with you again next week.

See you guys in week 5!

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

I would have taken the Jets, but that game is in, so I wasn't left with many games to choose from. Titans are bad right now, but truth be told he is always bad to start the season out. I don't know why that is. Win has his Broncos rolling and carries a top 10 offense and defense. Win's struggles are always behind the eyes more than behind the controller. I am just taking the Titans on a gut feeling, they can't keep sucking this bad forever, can they?

Dont hate on CJ just yet... Yes he did have a poor effort in Wk1 but only had a couple carries before injury in Wk2. Lets see what happens this week before dismissing him.

Maybe, this next patch could help resurge the titans defense but the #1 best rated LB in the draft could be obtainable if this continues.

3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I think, for the most parts, the scores and stats did get back to normal in week 4

4. CALi BUCC

CALi BUCC Walk On

always a good read

5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Well done again, Nate. Beautiful write up.

6. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Always a good read Nate, nice work.