THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL WEEK 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, May 25, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL WEEK 5

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Welcome to this week in the OMFL! Sorry that this is so late, but I've been busy so stop choppin' my balls! ;)

Another amazing season is well under way in the OMFL. Hopes of a 4th season are quickly slipping away as "busy-ness" and "lazy-ness" have over taken "scheduled-ness". This puts a small damper on things, but there are some really good owners and great teams out there battling it out.

My surprises so for up to week 5.

Surprises

Eagles 4-0 - The team that NO ONE wants to play is still rolling. Huge game next week to figure out who really is the best team in the OMFL. Both teams get it done in the regular season, but something happens in the post season. Eagles are great right now.

Pats 5-0 - See above. Really, this game is going to be huge next week. I wish I could see it in person and hear the curse words that will surely be flying. Pats are always the preseason champs, will this be the year they put it all together? Next week will be a huge statement game.

Titans 1-4 - Is there a bigger disappointment in the OMFL right now than the Titans? What has happened to this once mighty and powerful team. His activity and game play have went down hill since the start of week 1. I am the OMFL's biggest Ox fan, but his team is hurting right now and they had better wake up or they will be watching the OMFL Playoffs from their arm chairs.

Cards 3-2 - Pbates is styling and profiling, well except for his game right now. For a team who talked a whole lotta mess at the beginning of the season, his team sure is going the wrong way right now and where have his post been? I am just giving him a hard time, I am surprised that his team isn't better than this though after that big game he talked. OMFL Bowl? He's gotta long way before he gets one of those.

Jags 5-0 - One of the best, quite teams in the OMFL right now. There's not many owners who can talk the crap that Dunlap can talk, but right now he's walking the walk. There have been very few teams that frustrate me the way these Jags have in the past. One of the most potent teams around and he can kill you from many ways. Just ask his first 5 opponents.

Chiefs 2-2 - This team is and isn't a surprise. I am surprised that tank has this team playing fairly well, but the main reason I have them on the list is because I TOTALLY called the quitting of winuvas! There's a lot I could put here but I won't, bottom line is he left, again, and I called it! ;)

Let's take a look at the games:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Games that are in:

Titans lose to the Bengals 35-28: Titans, Titans, Ohhhh Titans. How the mighty have fallen. Looks like the game plan is to let CJ have his yards and let VY throw the game away. Titans need to shake things up big time. Is it time for a QB change already?

Cards beat up Browns 38-17: Cards get back on winning track vs a not very good Browns team. Cards simply just ran over the Browns and everyone who wanted to run was able too. Browns have to get back to the drawing board.

Panthers shock the Bears 35-17: Go Panthers, Go Panthers, Go Panthers, it's your birthday, shake yo'.... Oh, sorry. What a game from the Panthers. Panthers put it to the mighty Bears pretty good. What has happened to this Bears team? Are they really not good, or are they struggling? Who knows, Panthers pick up a huge win!

Saints shoot Falcons 24-3: Saints and Falcons, one of the biggest forming rivalries in the OMFL. After a classic OT battle last year, some smack talk from the Falcons this year, the Saints really made them eat their 'falclown' after this game. Saints get back on track after stumbling against a great Lions team and pick up a huge win!

Raiders handle up on Chargers 29-14: Raiders and Warner pick up a big win vs a very good Chargers team. From the looks of it both defenses stepped it up big in the 2nd half, but Warner was too much for the Chargers secondary.

Eagles rough up Rams 34-17: When you're one of the worse teams in the league talent wise going up against one of the best teams in the league talent wise, then it takes one hellva coaching job to keep it close. I know from the score it doesn't look close, but Bluebean was able to fight and scratch to keep his team in this one. Eagles keep rolling, Rams keep trying.

Texans take out Ravens 32-20: Ravens were the feel good story of the year. No one wants Web to start winning more than, well Web. Texans are good though and this once mighty Ravens defense was exposed this week.

Bills get on track vs Jets 35-21: Jet's have improved, I know their record doesn't show that but they really have. Bills get their new owner a very much needed victory this week and both teams have an up hill battle facing them to be contenders. For some teams you simply have to take it week to week, and for the Bills and Jets, that's where they are right now.

Cowboys shove Seahawks to the side 32-14: Cowboys have became a dominate team, behind the scenes. This week they used their D and a Kicker to win this one. It doesn't matter how you win, as long as you win. The once dominate NFC South owner has now brought his game to the Cowboys, and this team is rolling.

Packers scalp Chiefs 37-24: Packers find that winning touch against a pretty good Chiefs team. Both teams jumped up early but both teams seem to settle down in a pretty good match up this past week. Chiefs need to get back on track and the Packers need some help, but both teams could be in the hunt if they just do what needs to be done.

Pats eat Dolphins 45-31: Eagles and Pats have to be, on paper, the two most talented teams in the OMFL. The only other team that comes close is the Jags. The Dolphins may not be the paper champs that the Pats are, but they are a very very good football team that no one better take lightly. Pats run away with this one late, but the dolphins have earned some major respect from me.

Jags have close call vs Steelers 20-14: Sav has made his way back into the OMFL for probably the 100th time. The only guy who has left and rejoined the OMFL more would be me! Jags come in with a chip on their shoulder carrying a 4 game winning streak. Steelers tried hard to knock it off, but Jags move to 5-0. Steelers just barely feel short of upsetting this very good Jags team. Watch out for those Steelers.

Games yet to be played:

San Fran (2-2) vs NY Giants (1-3): The 'who cares' bowl, or maybe 'sleeper' bowl. Both of these teams are very good with very good coaches, but either because of time or urge, neither seem to want to play this game. San Fran probably wins it due to a sub, but it would have been a decent game if they would have played.

Lions (3-1) vs Broncos (1-3): Sammy is mia and moogle seems to have some internet issues. Who knows if this game gets in either. Lions are walking away with it easily if it gets played at all.

Now for Week 6
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Eagles vs Pats - Man-o-Man, I'd love to see this game live! This is going to be one hellva game. Both teams are loaded, both coaches are rolling, and this is going to be an instant classic. I am calling this one in the Pats favor though. My heart says NFC but my head says AFC. Great game either way though, with lots of big plays and scoring. 35-32 Pats.

[​IMG]
    Upset special - Redskins over the Cowboys. This one was very tough for me. There are a lot of potential 'upset's, but this is the one I went with. Why? Because Jeremy needs to show Mr. Wajo who's really boss in the NFC East. BTW, how does Texas register as a 'East' team? Any ways, this is going to be a great game, but you heard it here first - Skins win by 6. 24-30 Skins.
    Now the rest of my greatness.

Browns vs Ravens - Ravens get back on track with a big game. 28-14 Ravens.

Dolphins vs Chiefs - Dolphins roll big after a tough loss last week. 38-24 Dolphins.

Jags vs Texans - I am going to go out on a limb and say... well no I am not. Jags win in a closer than comfort game. 36-28 Jags.

Bengals vs Rams - Rams will prove to be too much in the coaching department in this one. If both teams stay healthy then Rams win. 24-12 Rams.

Saints vs Packers - Both teams matched up well last year, but Saints got all the breaks. Saints are hot and keep rolling. 21-10 Saints.

Bills vs Giants - If Gmen play the game then Gmen win. This could all go out of the window if he no shows. 17-14 GMen.

Vikings vs Raiders - Another great great great game! Frisk has his team rolling though and Warner will get pushed around all day. 28-24 Vikings.

Cards vs Seahawks - Cards win in a sleeper and maybe we start to hear from the slick rick PBates. 28-7 Cards.

Jets vs Broncos - Jets in a kinda upset! I am pulling for you man, don't let me down! 24-21 Jets.

Chargers vs Lions - This would be the GOTW #3. Lions will prove to be too much as Chargers can't stop the passing game. 42-28 Lions.

Falcons vs Titans - Titans, I pray get back on track, but I won't pick prayers. Falcons roll. 28-12 Falcons.

Colts vs Bucs - Bucs are a much much better team than their record indicates, problem is that statement gets 'truer' this week. 34-28 Colts.

Well there ya go. We'll see how bad/good I look after this week. Things have been busy for everyone, but lets all keep trying to stay plugged in and involved. I'd love to at least smell a season #4 if we could get these games in guys. We are going to start really getting on and hammering guys about scheduling, because it's been pretty horrible as of late.

See you guys next week!

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Boys and Girls, this is what we like to call "Bulletin Board Material."

Thanks for the extra fire, Nate.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

lol!

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Ouch... *rubs face after getting smacked*

Making it sound like I have lost interest in this league...you couldn't be more wrong...been busy as hell at work working overnights until 2 in the morning, with Memorial Day weekend coming up and having a couple of guys from "The Top" as my store manager puts it coming in this week, I have been given a big fat ball of burden placed on my shoulders to get my department clean and pristine for these big wigs and getting Memorial day specials in line and inventory ready for the mad rush...my department at our Home Depot is the #1 garden department in the region...gotta keep it going...

So now that you know my life story the passed week....the G-Men are ready for the Bills!

On a side note, good luck to Dritsch as I won't be able to make the game again, due to work...

5. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Good job Nate, Man, you're really down on the Broncos huh, Ill try to prove u wrong

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

It's on like Donkey Kong! 7 EST tomorrow....

7. natedawg212000

hey Cimmy, I said 'busy' and 'lazy', you fall under 'busy' and not 'lazy' ;)

8. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

You almost had the score exactly right on the Texans-Jags should have gone with your first instinct and taken the upset... :)

9. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Too much in the coaching department? Bit harsh there Nate, i look forward to proving you wrong.

10. natedawg212000

Being nice to everyone makes for a boring read, some body has to get 'bulletin board' material.

11. natedawg212000

Man I so got super close on some of these games, LOL. Of course Bills made me look stupid.

12. natedawg212000

6-5 so far, not too good LOL. Jets, Ravens, Vikings, and Giants all let me down this week.