This Week In The OMFL - Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Sep 12, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

This Week In The OMFL - Week 5

[​IMG]

Week 5 is HERE! What a great year so far. Things seem to be settling down, as they always do, and teams are beginning to adjust to the new game. Lots of great games, with not as many upsets this week. Things are getting very very interesting around here.

Lets take a look at my surprises so far...

My surprises up to week 5.
    Column 1 Column 2
    Owner/Team
    CA The ex-OMFL Falcons owner decided that the league isn't for him. This really bites. CA was a great owner and a great guy who is a big time player around the TF site. He has his reasons but to show what kind of stuff we have to deal with as a commish and a board, CA just didnt think the OMFL fit his style because the game was was too loose, while another owner wanted to leave because the OMFL is too strict. Talk about a catch 22. CA, I am gonna miss you man. The Falcons have NEVER had a solid owner who has stuck it out, and it sucks.
    SAMMY Sammy finally made his way back to the OMFL this season, but his Chargers are really struggling. I just expected more from the out going owner down in SD land. I really think Sammy has a great team and teams better not take him lightly. He simply needs to learn how to play some D.
    VISHAL The Champ is down, just not for the count - yet. Vishal has been ubber quiet (nothing new there) but has also struggled on the field. How's those high priced, speed guys working out for ya? J/P buddie! Vishal is a great guy and a good friend. I hope he can turn it around, but things are bleak for the OMFL Champs right now.
    SCI Speaking of teams that aren't living up to the hype, what has happened to the strong Jets? I know my list is filled with teams who are not living up to expectations, but I know that these guys are better than their records provide. Sci finally got some things going last week and picked up a great win vs a very good Bills team. He really needs to string some wins together though or he is going to get left behind in a stud filled AFC.

Next lets take a look at my predictions from week 4.

Week 4 game recap:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was a smoker, but I didn't give Dunn his due credit. HUGE win for the Bengals, they are a team to be reckoned with. Browns are still putting up #1 numbers, but that defense needs help after last week. Both teams should be there in the end. 0-1.

Titans get the win, just not nearly as close as I thought it would be. Always trust the gut - problem is that Titans O still stinks like my gut. 1-1.

Almost hit this one on the head. Too bad for the Hawks. Their owner seems like a really good guy. Hope he sticks it out with us. 2-1.

Saints pick up the win, which ended up coming a little easier than expected. Bush, Henderson, Brees all have huge days and when that happens, Saints are tough to stop. 3-1.

Woohoo! The 2 time OMFL Champ stepped up big time this week. Congrats Jeremy. These Packers seem to be struggling just a tad though, wonder whats up? 3-2.

This was a GREAT game. Ravens make it close late, but the Steelers hold on for the win. 4-2.

Simmed game. I won't count. Gonna miss CA around here. Good guy. GL man.

Bama has his team playing really good, or maybe Vishal is playing really bad, or probably the truth is in the middle of both. Either way it was a close win, but the Champ picks up a much needed win. 5-2.

This game actually got played, punks punked me! LOL.

Bears pick up a win, but word on the street is he played the CPU. That's not good.. :( Very disappointed if that is true. Just because it's unknown yet, I won't count this as a good pick.

Top 5 Week 4 OMFL Highlights:
    [youtube]Rse8kQTK3go[/youtube]​

So 5-2 this week, which brings me to 22-14 on the year. I got screwed out of a few picks this week, but all in all that record is improving and thats all I can ask for right now. Someone else should help me pick these games! I have no one to compare too!

Week 5 games:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GOTW - WK 2
    Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    JAGS VS BILLS #1 Defense and #2 defense hit the field in this GOTW match up. What I am looking at here is the Bills lack of offense and the Jags lack of passing offense. Bills can't do too much of anything, but anything is exactly what is better than the Jags and their 1 passing TD. The Jags are going to HAVE to get some production or guys are going to put 8 in the box all day long and dare the Jags to beat them in the air. Jags also have the #1 running game in the league right now. I am going to go with the Jags on a gut feeling, but I am calling it now, if they don't get some production in teh air, they are in serious trouble. Jags in a close game, 18-15.

[​IMG]
    UPSET SPECIAL - WK 4
    Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    EAGLES VS 49ERS Lots of close games, I feel, are going to be this week. Vishal and his Eagles still have a long way to go to get back to that Championship run they had last year. The 9ers are showing the OMFL that they are back, and if it weren't for 2 sub losses, would be undefeated, maybe. I am going to pick the Eagles on just another gut feeling. I think that Vishal is going to put up points and the 49ers just haven't played a whole lot lately. Eagles win 32-24.

Now the rest of my 'predictions'...

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    BUCS VS BENGALS This one has the potential to be a very good game, that is if the Bucs show up and put forth a solid effort. Bucs are towards the bottom in both O and D, but their D seems to be getting their feet underneath them. Bengals are struggling on D but their O is rolling big time. Bengals picked up a huge win vs the Browns last week and the Bucs are still looking for win #1. Give me the Bengals because they are at home and the Bucs haven't showed much of anything this year. Bengals - 32-21

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    FALCONS VS BROWNS I really, really wanted to call this as upset of the week, but there is an outside chance that Bizzy may not get the falcons if another owner claims them. If Bizzy gets them then I think the Falcons could beat his old team, but because its up in the air, I am going to take the mighty Browns. Who woulda thunk I'd ever say that? Browns 34-28.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    GIANTS VS TEXANS This was another game which could be GOTW. Why isn't it then? Because Pepper has went MIA (a sub or two over the past few weeks) and that changes everything depending on who plays this game. I'll take the Texans because who knows who plays as the Gmen. Texans win at home 31-21.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    CHIEFS VS COLTS Blue and his Chiefs are struggling, but so is Dave and his Colts. Not really a whole lot to pick here or even say. Both teams play decent D but both teams SUCK on O. I am just gonna pick the Chiefs because he's won this year, but this could be a game that the Colts could sneak if they try. 21-12.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    PACKES VS REDSKINS Bama and his Skins have, week in and week out, shown me more and more. The red hot Packers started out hot, but have faded lately. I want the Skins at home, but a top 10 O and D from the Packers tells me that he will get things back on track this week. It won't be easy though - Skins are out to pull some upsets. 34-32 Packers.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    BRONCOS VS RAVENS Broncos get embarrassed last week while the Ravens are struggling to get any offensive production. Being dead last in this league on offense doesn't bod well. I am picking the Broncos in a close battle, maybe even an OMFL instant classic. Broncos 24-21 on a last second, possible OT FG.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    BEARS VS PANTHERS Bears are still rolling, even though it took a CPU game to do that. I pray he never lives that down, huge no-no. Any ways back to this game. Panthers have a stud set of RBs and when they go after it, Smith is as deadly as ever. Bears have an all around attack on O and their D is right in the middle of the league, which isn't bad and isn't good. Give me the Panthers in an upset at home - 36-28.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    RAMS VS LIONS When you carry the OMFL's #3 O & D, you are pretty good, when you do that with the RAMS you are freaking GREAT. Lions and Jeremy picked up a huge win last week, but I just don't see them being able to hang with the Rams. Probably a shootout because Jeremy can't play D to save his life but he has that O rolling. Rams 42-32.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    SAINTS VS CARDS #1 passing attack = good. #31 defense = bad. Saints travel to meet up with Frisky frisk frisk and his Cards. Saints have been explosive on offense this year, with another balanced attack. Pick your poison. Problem is the Cards can sling it with the best of them. Key is whichever defense shows up and can make at least a play or two. Don't be surprised if the Cards take this one. Saints must protect the ball. Saints 42-34.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    CHARGERS VS STEELERS Chargers can play defense and Steelers can play offense. Man, talk about a role reversal from real life. Sammy and Jethro are both very capable owners. Jethro hasn't really done it so much here in the OMFL, well at least not as much as Sammy. Give me O over D any day (sorry old schoolers!). Steelers 28-18.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    TITANS VS COWBOYS CJ and 2500 yards, pfhahahahahaha. Sorry, I didn't mean to type that (yes I did)! CJ has yet to break 100 yards this season (according to my sources, which is myself). while the Cowboys are looking to stay alive in this NFC race for the playoffs. I really want to take the Titans, but they just aren't playing well. Give me cowboys, as much as that pains me. Cowboys win 32-21.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    VIKINGS VS JETS Talk about two teams who are as far from their potential as possible, these two are not playing up to expectations. Jets picked up a much needed win last week and the Vikings are still trying to get things together. Give me the Jets and that very good defense to knock the Vikings around at home, for the Jets. Jets win - 26-20.

Some very good games so far. Teams who were expected to win are, at least for now, starting to do just that - win. Lets take just a second to talk about the 3 new kids on the block who are making some noise - both good and bad. GA and his Browns (best story in the OMFL so far), Cali and his Bears, and Hulk and his Packers. These guys are really making some offensive noise. All 3 are ranked in the top 5 of the league and all 3 have pulled some major upsets. There are questions which remain if these guys are long term OMFL material, but one thing is for sure, they are making their mark right now. OMFL seems to get stronger and stronger, lets just make sure it stays the most sim style league around.

I am sorry if I chuckle and cry at the same time. To have one owner ask to leave because the OMFL has too many rules and another owner two days later leave because of not enough rules/game play. We really strive here to have the best game play around, but honestly all I can do is have rules - you guys have to play the games.

Lets keep it live and keep it straight OMFL. GL and injury free week this week fellas.

See you guys in week 6!

2. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Great work Nate, hopefully Dunlap and i can live up to the game of the week expectations.

3. CALi BUCC

CALi BUCC Walk On

didn't play CPU fellas...

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

Again I apologize. I had two different guys tell me that Savaunte didn't show up and you decided to play the CPU. I sincerely apologize. Blame lies here. (So much for those sources anymore :( )

5. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

No respect, 2 big wins in a row, scoring 42,and 34, and im still considered to be "struggling", and my O has been alot better than my D

Its okay, go ahead and take Raiders favored by 7, just like Cards were last week. Keep sleepin'on the superchargers

I think i play Raiders, not Steelers, Ive been getting those two mixed up too