THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL WEEK 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, May 30, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL WEEK 6

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Welcome again to week 6! After some amazing amazing games last week, and our first sim's in a very very long time, the OMFL is ready for another great week.

After taking a look at the schedule it looks more like the mediocre week. Mediocre vs mediocre this week, seems to be the best matchups out there. Let's just right into this.

My surprises so for up to week 6.

Surprises

Redskins 2-3 - No one, and I mean no one would have guessed this one. After that huge win a few weeks back, the Skins look to be very vulnerable right now. Jeremy will right the ship, but the power has shifted to the Eagles and Cowboys. Jeremy's middle finger may not have a ring on it this year.

Cowboys 4-1 - A huge win this past week vs the Skins. This win was proof enough for me. They better had clean up Romo's act if they want to contend, but right now they and the Eagles will be battling it out for the NFC East.

Raiders 5-1 - I have to admit, I am not a big believer, until now, of Jo Jo. I'll give the guy his props though. He has picked up his work ethic here in the league, has written some great articles, and is playing freaking lights out right now. I am a believer in these Raiders - Jo has them rolling.

Giants 1-5 - When Cimmy asked to take over his home town Giants, there was some controversy. No one though ever thought that his team would be 1-5 though, at least not me. He was winning with the Rams, but what has happened to this team now? I am still scratching my head, but he has the talent to right the ship, just not sure he has the time.

Bears 2-3 - Chrisdstan is a long time OMFL'er and past OMFL PC Champ (I am pretty sure), but he is struggling this year. After trading away stud pillars last year for draft picks, the Bears are reeling right now. Can they get back on track? If Moogle leaves then yes, if he doesn't then I think the Bears are done for.

Let's take a look at the games from week 6:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I called a 3 point game, and thats what we got. What an amazing outcome for one of the biggest games of the OMFL in a while. Pats keep rolling, Eagles look to get back on track.

Ok I whiffed on this! Wajo showed up and showed out on the Skins. Jeremy's very busy right now and that may be effecting his play. Major props and respect for the Cowboys. I am still not sure they are on same level as Eagles, but we will find out soon enough.

Is .500 considered 'greatness'?

WoW - big win for Browns, Big loss for Ravens. Sorry Web, maybe it's his work effecting his game play. I am a huge Ravens fan, but these are games you have to win.

Sim, which leaves me sick to my stomach and not wanting to talk. Not counting it for my record.

Looks like the mighty have fallen - Texans with a HUGE win! Major props for deflating that big head of Dunlaps.

This was a very good game and a lot closer than I thought it would be. Bengals hang tough, but one of my favorite owners Bluebean is starting to get his Rams playing good ball right now.

Saints are hot, but we'll see what I am made of this week. Pack gave us a scare, but just too much fire power on the field.

Bills made me eat my words - congrats! You still have a way's to go, but I am glad that you are here now. Cimmy needs to figure out what's going on, his team is hurting right now.

Frisk let me down. Peterson is beast, but Warner was more beastly! Jo has his team HOT right now and they roll over a very good Vikings team.

I called it Bates, but you've gotta show up against teams that are good. Good win, but you were suppose to win it.

Dave! Come on man. I am still pulling for you, but Sammy has re-emerged. Where has he been? Who knows, but his team is very talented if he continues to play well.

Lions are having CPU problems, so I am not even counting this one against me. Maji has a good team and can roll over anyone, I just don't think he would have beat Moogle if Moogle plays.

After some tips from an unknown D Cord., the Titans take down those Dirty Turds. Titans may have their swag back but the Falcons better find one quickly, before this season turns ugly for them.

I called it, Mustang was very impressed with these mighty Bucs, but they just can't seem to get the breaks. Great game, Mustang rolls.

5-7 not counting those 2 games. Not good, let's see if I can get better this week.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Saints vs Colts - Both teams with 1 loss, both teams a top of the OMFL, both teams rolling, both teams thinking they can win. Someone is going to lose this game though. Painter vs English, Girley vs Keller, Colts D vs Saints O. What was that? Girley is being a girl-e!?!? With Girley hurt the Saints may now have the edge. I just don't see Painter getting it done without help. 32-28 Saints.

[​IMG]
    Upset special - Bills over Texans. Man there wasn't a whole lot to choose from this week, but if anyone has an upset it will be those pesky Bills. Texans are rolling, well a slight stumble would be the better phrase, and both teams are coming off huge wins. I think the Bills catch the Texans looking ahead. 24-14 Bills.

Now the rest of my below averageness....

Bucs VS Bears - Bucs are very very very good. I am taking them to beat the Bears and their 'no defense' (instead of no name defense). Problem is this isn't an upset, because neither team's records are very good. Bucs in shocker 21-24.

Panthers VS Vikings - I like the Panthers and Coach Claven. He's my quiet co-commish for petes sake. I think I have this ugly voodoo of when I pick a co-commish, they fall off the map! Problem with picking the Panthers is the Vikings are just a better team right now. I am taking Frisk all day long. 34-14 Vikings.

Raiders VS Broncos - Raider are rolling and Sammy is just coming back around more now. I simply can't pick against this Raiders team right now. They are red hot and Warner is amazing right now. It will take a huge game from old Sammy boy to even keep this close. I just don't think he has it. 45-21 Raiders.

Cards VS Giants - Bates picked up a huge win last week. Did I say huge? Sorry, it was against a Seahawks team who is still learning his team. Not much of a win. This week he comes up against Cimmy. I was a Cimmy supporter until last week. Cimmy's gotta show me something for me to pick him. Cards running game is amazing right now. Close one, I think, because Cimmy uses this as motivation. Too bad motivation doesn't equal W's. 26-24 Cards.

Pats VS Cowboys - HUGE GAME! I really should have went with this as game of the week, because both of these owners have actually done something in the OMFL before this season, where as my Saints have a whole hellva lot to prove. Cowboys are rolling but this week we see if they can really hang with the big boys. My prediction is Pats lay a smack-a-roo on them and send them home to Jerry with a fresh new clean diaper. Pats win big after beating up Romo. 36-20 Pats.

Steelers VS Titans - I am a Steelers fan. Savaunte and I have had some classic battles in the past, some of my best games ever were against him. Titans used some 'help' and 'inside info' to win last week. I think this should be a classic battle, if played. Ox is leaving out of town, so this all may be for not. I am going to take Steelers catching the Titans in a big game hang over to pick up their 2nd W of the season. 17-14 Steelers.

Falcons VS Eagles - Falcons need to wake up. They have to wake up, right? Their owner is MIA on the forums and on the field. Eagles are upset after being beat by the Pats last week. They take their anger out on a hurting Falcons team. What happened to Turner? We don't find out this week. 32-26 Eagles.

Ravens VS Rams - Bluebean has his team back on track and Web is too busy to worry. Rams roll in a sleeper - 28-3 Rams.

9ers VS Skins - Match up for OMFL Bowl 2! Same owners, but a totally different game. I just don't see either team knowing what they have yet. Should be a classic battle, but nothing to write home about until these teams get to a record that means something. I'll go out on a limb here. 21-20 Skins.

Jets VS Dolphins - Jets are, well, the Jets. Better team this year than in the past, but still not good enough to hang with the big boys, or even the small boys who act like big boys. Dolphins are very good. I never want to face this team. Dolphins roll. 21-30 Dolphins.

Packers VS Lions -Jethro has some good players over there in GB. Problem is Moogle is one of the best teams in the OMFL, when he plays. He is having some internet issues and who knows if he is able to play or not. Things may change next week if Moogle steps down. I'll take the Packers if Moogle no shows, Lions if they do.

Chargers fall to the sneaky Chiefs - Tank and his Chiefs pick up a huge huge huge win VS a very good Chargers team. A big 2nd quarter and a D who made plays when needed, carries the Chiefs to a big win. Who knows if we will see more. I wouldn't have guessed this one. I know Tank is good, but he's so hit and miss I won't pick them till I see more consistency. Chargers back to the drawing board.

Well another Great week in the books and, by the looks of it, another good week still to come. Things have been super slow around here but I do commend those who are trying to keep things interesting. Thank you for your hard work, predictions, articles, and all that you guys do. The more who offer stuff, the better this league becomes. I look forward to the day that the OMFL is the gold standard of Madden leagues!

See you guys next week!

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Damnit Nate, stop picking me to win. I like it better when you bet against me.

3. natedawg212000

Bills suck - hows that?

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

perfect!

5. natedawg212000

Saints and Colts battle out in instant classic all time OMFL game of the year! Summary coming tomorrow of Saints big win.

6. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Well you nearly called the score and Painter wasnt much of a problem LOL.

7. natedawg212000

Man i was close on some of these games!!

8. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Not the Jets/Broncos!!! UPSET, no way, You were right about the Raiders busting me up, I havent got handled like that since year#1. I was never in that game, Him and his team is really strong this year!! Joseph is gonna be a hard to beat come playoff time

9. natedawg212000

I am 8-4 this week with one game to go. That's better than last week!