THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL WEEK 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jun 4, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL WEEK 7

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Welcome to our recap of week 7 and our outlook to week 8. Another long week, but we'll talk more about that later, for now lets just talk about some games.

Some huge wins this week. Bucs, Panthers, Giants, Titans, all huge huge wins. This season has been up and down like no other, there are some serious teams who are winning some great games. Let's get to my surprises...

My surprises so for up to week 8.
    Column 1
    Falcons - 3-3 - The ex-NFC SOUTH Champ is really struggling and comes across as someone who has lost total interest in the league or his team since sliding. After a quick 3-0 start the Falcons have lost 3 straight and the team just doesn't seem to be the same. What will it take for this team to get back on track, now 3rd place in the South? Possibly a new owner, unless someone wakes up the current owner.
    Lions - 3-4 - Moogle is now gone, and so seems this teams playoff hopes. The only team to hand the Saints a loss this season has quickly watched their ownership and season go up in smoke. This team is loaded with talent and before I make a prediction about their playoff hopes, let's give the new owner a few weeks. He has his work cut out for him, this is a pretty large hole to get out of.
    Saints 6-1 - Ok, I never like talking about my own team, but I am doing a lot of things I am not used too this season. Beating Mustang and his Colts was a huge, unexpected win. The Colts gave a great fight even with a not so good qb at the helm. Who knows what happens if Manning is running the show. Either way the Saints are rolling and unless they completely fall apart, this season the South is there's for the taking.
    Steelers 1-5 - Savaunte is one of the best players I have ever taken the field with on Madden. He is a long time ex-PC'er who just hasn't gotten the hang of this new game. A lot of my ex-comrades seem to still be stuck on the old PC game and most have not adapted well. I never thought Sav and this team would be in that number. I think he can turn it around, but he had better start quickly, time is running out.
    Vikings 3-3 - Frisk is a stud player. He is also a man of character who really only cares about winning on 4th and 5th on his list of important things. He just enjoys playing, the guy's in like 10 leagues. I am still not sure though what's up with his team. I am not sure that Frisk will ever win a championship here even though he is MORE than capable. Why then? Cause I just don't think he cares enough. If he's cheesed he doesn't do or say anything. He almost takes pride in giving up wins to cheesers to help them with their game.

Let's take a look at the games from week 7:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok, some way some how Girley played, but the hopes that the Colts had on Painter quickly went away when Painter took a shot that put him out for the season with a migraine from hell. Saints defense took control early, but this game really turned when Painter went out. This was an amazing game that only ended on a fluke play, but I called a Saints win and that's why they got. A W is a W. 1-0

Ok, I bought into the Bills hype and the Texans struggle. I don't know what I was thinking. I struggle with who both these teams really are, but now it ownerships have changed and I'd expect the Bills to be rolling with their new coach Bruce. 1-1.

I called it, I called it, I called it!! Bucs are very good. The guy has some things at home that are extremely distracting, and I am personally praying all turns out great. Even with all that the guy keeps playing and finally picked up a huge win. I don't know what's up with the Bears. He had a great plan for this offseason and since it didn't work he seems to not care. Who knows. 2-1.

Ok, I blew this one. Panther are freakin' rolling man! I wouldn't have thunk in a thousand years that Claven had the will and want too, to beat Frisk. Frisk has pulled way back here in the OMFL and I am not sure he even will see this, but he's way too busy, I think, too care about the OMFL or his team right now. I hope things settle down cause he's a great owner and an amazing asset here in the OMFL. 2-2.

Raiders are for real man. They were for real last year and have arguably the best OMFL Offense in the league. They are scoring, what, 50 points a game?!?! Freaking sick. Sammy is trying to get his team in line, but the Raiders were too much. 3-2.

Bates, man, you make me look bad dude!! Cimmy is a great player, just been busy or something. I blew this call too, but it's not my fault. These teams can't even figure themselves out! LOL. Pretty close game though, so I don't feel bad. I did call a close game. 3-3.

This was another big game this early in the season. I just had a feeling the Cowboys were buying into their own hype. Wajo is another guy here that has been quiet and could be a huge asset to the league, but just isn't right now. His team has now been smacked back into reality, Pats keep rolling. Pats and Raiders, now that would be a great game wouldn't it! 4-3.

Are the Titans really back? Man I sure hope so, cause the crap these guys talk to each other is awesome! Savaunte, if you read this, I am pulling for you man, but you gotta get your team rolling again! Ox has his team rolling, CJ is back, but the QB issue still worries me. 4-4. I hope this gets better.

I am still a lil peeved about this game taking so long. Eagles roll, they probably are the best team in the NFC, don't by that Saints hype. Shuff is a great player, but he has lost total interest of being in the OMFL. I'd hate to call the quitting of another player like Winuvas, but I do see that coming. 5-4.

Rams rolled. Bluebean really has his team playing well. Look for them to sneak on some folks and win their division, that's right, I am calling it now! The 'feel good' story seems to be over for the Ravens. I want this guy to win, he's just a good guy. 6-4.

Looked like a great game. I figured there would be more hype about a OMFL Bowl owner.2 showdown, but there wasn't. The 49ers are trying to make a come back after a rough start and the Skins are still figuring out what they do and don't have there in Washington. 7-4.

Ok, it wasn't even as close as I thought it could be, but the Phins still won. I still think the Jet's are getting better, but they just aren't there yet. Dolphins will continue to make noise this season and I think can hang with the big boys. 8-4. Now this is looking better.

Moogle didn't show, so I took the Packers. Jethro has a good young team there in GB. Not a whole lot to talk about here. 9-4.

This was done before I could get this typed. Two interesting teams.

9-4, not bad at all! Let's see how I can do this week. 14-11 overall. Winning record so I can't complain.

Week 8 games:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Colts VS Jags - The 4-2 Colts travel to face the 5-1 Jags. The last time these two teams faced off the Jags were victorious, but things have changed for the Colts. I personally think the best thing that could happen for the Colts was the seasons ending injury to Painter. Now their rookie QB if faced into action and I think hes a better QB. If the Jags can dominate like they have been dominating all season, then the Texans loss was a fluke, if they fall, then they maybe the ones looking for answers. Jags have all the pressure. I think Dunlaps got too much going on to win this one. I think his team will make a great run in the playoffs, but he won't win this one. Colts win 28-24.

[​IMG]
    UPSET SPECIAL
    Bucs VS Texans - Man I really wanted to take Cimmy and his Giants, but I just couldn't. That Eagles D is just toooo good. The Bucs are for real, and after this week I am not sure I can pick them as a upset. The reason I took them this week is because the Texans have picked up some huge wins lately and are really rolling right now. This is going to be a close game, but Bucs shock another team. Bucs win 21-17.

Now the rest of my 'predictions'...

Falcons VS Lions - Ah who knows for this one. Falcons have the better team, but both teams are struggling. My call is that Turner gets back on track this week, Lions still need a few more weeks with their new team, and Falcons try to scramble to hold this season together. 30-28 - Falcons.

Rams VS Seahawks - Seahawks are really hurting right now. I am not even sure who the Hawks owner is, thats how 'involved' he is in the league. Rams are rolling and Bluebean has another sleeper game. 33-12 - Rams.

Bengals VS Chiefs - Now this, honestly, was almost my shocking GOTW call. I really think this is going to be a great game. Bengals owner is a great asset here in the OMFL and has been very involved. Tank, who can't be involved as much as he'd like, is still a very good owner. Are you catching a pattern? I am a little sick of guys who aren't doing crap around here and figured I'd start calling people out here. Any who, back to the game. I am going to take the Chiefs this one, the only reason is because they have been with their team longer. Lets call it 34-21 Chiefs.

Dallas VS 49ers - Dallas really got smashed last week and the 49ers are quietly coming back. Both owners are MIA 99% of the time around here, so don't expect to hear much from this game. I think the 49ers are trying to creep up on teams and Dallas is trying to win this who division.

Redskins VS Bills - Jeremy VS Bruce - WoW this one should be a good game. 2 great owners, 2 ok teams, one is new PS3 guy and one is EX-PC'ER. I would pay for a ticket to watch this game. Really could be a GOTW. I am just going to take Bills by a gut feeling. I don't think Jeremy has a full grasp on his team, but most of all its beginners luck. This is Bruce's 1st week and I think he sneaks a win. 24-21 Bills.

Saints VS Panthers - (done before the game was played) Saints are hot, but guess what, the Panthers are in 2nd place! Your Carolina Panther's have picked up some huge wins these past few weeks, verses some very good owners. Saints have owned this series though and nothing points in the other direction as of yet. Saints in a tight one 24-20.

Chargers VS Broncos - Sammy showed up the other day but Maji is one of the quietest owners we have. Both teams are coming off of a lose, Broncos are out to prove something and Chargers really need a win. I am going to take the Chargers in this one, I feel they have the better team and Sammy just won't be able to do enough. Turnovers are key. 32-17 Chargers

Jets VS Ravens - Battle of the people who get games in and never post. This should be a pretty decent game to watch. Jets are still looking for that first win and Ravens would like to get that feeling back. Both teams are good at defense but struggle at turning the ball over. I am just going to take the better defense in the Ravens. 17-16 Ravens.

Steelers VS Browns - Sav really needs to pick up a win here and aju may just obliges that request. I have no clue if these owners ever read these boards because we know they don't post. Both teams are struggling at 1-5, but the facts are the Browns just don't have the talent to keep up and I think coaching is a push. 35-20 by default - Steelers.

Bears VS Vikings - Where have these two teams gone. Frisk is a shoe in for the playoffs 99% of the time, but he gave up in his last game and seems to be very un-interested in this season. Chrisdstan is well, done for to be honest. His plan hasn't panned out, his rookie stud WR is MIA, he never post other than scheduling, and he's probably just given up for this season. Should have been a key match up, I would have guessed at beginning of season this was the GOTW, but its really just another game in a long season. Vikings get win #2 VS Bears - 28-18.

Packers VS Cards - Bates is around kinda often around here while Jethro simply is here just to play. Jethro picked up a HUGE win last week while Bates up and down season continues. Look for the Cards to get back on track with that running game, which the Packers seem to have a hard time stopping. Cards - 24-17.

Eagles VS Giants - Cimmy is back! Or is he? I have no clue what to think of these GMen, but I do know what to think about the Eagles. I do think this will be a close game. I wish I could get Vishal to post as much as he says he likes it here. Cimmy is going to give him a run for his money, and honestly I would not be shocked to see the GMen win a close one. Until they show consistency though, I can't pick them. 28-24 Eagles.

Well there ya have it. Another week is in the books of the OMFL, which brings me to my little soap box. I know it's summer, I know people are busy, and I know the glimmer has rubbed off long time ago on Madden 2k10, but I still feel it's the best football game around, top 5 game out there, and this is the very best place to fill that madden fix! There's no other place who does it the way we do it and I for one love it here. We must, as owners who own this league, do a better job of getting these games scheduled and played. If a game has to go to day 5 because schedules don't match up then fine, but I had better see a attempt by both owners in the forums to get it done. We will NOT waste another week sitting there on one game, a game which was not properly attempted to be scheduled. This is why we asked for cell phone numbers. As soon as we advance I AIM and txt my opponent to work out times. I will be gone for the next 3 weeks to camp, so I took time to PM my opponents and ask them to bear in mind I will be out of town and to work with me. I am ready to get another season in also, but that will only happen if we keep rolling here!

See you guys next week!

2. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

talk about a solid read. that is definately one there. great job.

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Great stuff Nate.

I am not sure what to think of the Bills. I made the swap so some could get teams they really wanted. We shall see if that was a smart move!

4. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Best write up so far. Really went in depth.

And you fixed that scrolling problem.

I'm glad you believe in me, I benched McCallister after that Jags game because he couldn't hit a short throw. Hopefully things have changed, he did play well against the Saints. Maybe I should just throw deep all day lol

5. dritsch

dritsch Walk On

Nice read. Dunno about the MIA comment lol, but nice nonetheless.

6. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Good write up as always Nate. Really Im MIA 99% of the time? I post at least something almost every day

7. natedawg212000

LOL, I've gotta stir you guys up a bit! I finished the write up.

8. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

My "up and down" season is only going up from here. COUNT ON IT! I've made some depth chart adjustments that I feel will really give my team best chance to win.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Holy smokes great work Nate! You are quickly becoming my pick for the OMFL bowl. Whatever you did this offseason is working!

10. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Way to ruffle the feathers. Dang, Nate. :D

11. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I really like the Upset of the Week girl

12. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Nate keep riding that work horse Jacobs, he will carry you to the promise land.

13. natedawg212000

it was actually keller that had the good game today, lol. they are both horses, both different and both killer. 2 down games in a row for English though.

14. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

BTW wajo, im always MIA and I dont take offence... MIAMI DOLPHINS

15. BOM86

BOM86 Walk On

Noted ;)

16. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

That hurts bro. You know I read the boards. Yes I dont post to often but I dont work in an office Like most people. Not very many computers underground. I try to read every day though...alot of times just to tired to type.