THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL WEEK 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Sep 22, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL WEEK 7

[​IMG]

Week 7 is finally here after what felt like an eternity for Week 6. Not many good close games, and the few that were had so many points you wonder if anyone in this league remembers how to play defense any more. Let's hope week 7 brings some close games for a change.

Lets take a look at my surprises so far...

My surprises up to week 7.
    Column 1 Column 2
    Owner/Team
    DUNLAP The defending AFC Champ seems to have his game on tight right now. Things are going his way and that defense is one of the best. I guess we should all get 80+ speed lb's to play de, huh? Justtttt pickin', I think? Any ways, the Jags and Coach Dun are rolling and don't buy this crap on toast that he's selling, that he's not very good, bull bologna! The Jags are for real and someone in the AFC better do something about them fast.
    BRUCE The Rams, of all teams are leading the NFC. With the Saints fading fast, the Rams look to grab a hold of a fairly up and down NFC this year. The thing that is more impressive is that he is doing it with a pretty bad team over there in Saintlouy. Bruce is a balla and the AFC better be on notice, the Rams are on point this year.
    SAVAUNTE My good friend and long time OMFL'er Savaunte has finally gotten his team back - the Black and Silver Raiders. Sav has made his rounds in the OMFL and I thought for sure that with his old team in hand that his activity would pick up and that his passion for the game would come back. Neither has happened and there doesn't seem to be any hope any time soon. I hope that his season turns around, or that he at least would post more than 1 time a month - anything would be nice.
    PEPPERKLINK & TANK Speaking of guys who lost their passion, we sadly lost two very good owners these past few weeks in Pepper and Tank. These are two guys who have been in the new OMFL for a lil while now and both sadly had to step down. I hope that things get better for these guys at home and one day maybe they can return. You'll be missed fellas - fair well.

Next lets take a look at my predictions from week 5.

Week 5 game recap:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was a very very close game and the Jags ended up pulling it out by 6. Ok, in all honesty it wasn't as close as the score shows with the Jags giving up a late td and totally screwing me over in the betting thread! Punk! 1-0

9ers put up 14 points late and run away from the defending OMFLBowl Champs. I don't think I can ever pick these Eagles again. He has no clue what kinda team he is and I only see his struggles continuing. 1-1.

Bucs remain winless as the Bengals stick it to them. Bengals are fo'real people, you better recognize that Dunn has that team in good shape almost half way through the season. 2-1.

Browns win by 1, yes I said it, 1. 13 late points by the Falcons made this a very close game, but good teams find a way to win, take a look at the Saints to see how to NOT do it. 3-1.

Pepper stepped down and did not play this game so I won't count it. Gonna miss ya Pep.

Big blue hangs a 40 burger on the Colts. Dave takes over in NY and the 2 time OMFLBowl champ takes over in Indy, good things are coming Indy fans, just hang in there. 4-1.

Skins score 10 in the 4th but it just wasn't enough. Packers begin to get their act together but is it too little too late? 5-1.

Poor web and his ravens are super busy right now and it looks like Win can still hang, when he believes that he can. Broncos get back in the hunt, ravens are hurting. 6-1.

Panthers score the only points in the 4th quarter and pull an early season upset. Panthers are a good team fellas, and are my new pick to win the NFC South. 7-1.

Rams run away with this one and Jeremy runs away, as far away, as fast as he could, to get away from the Lions. 8-1.

Saints win the game but lose their qb. I am still sick. 9-1.

Ok, I don't know what I was looking at here because the Chargers played the Raiders. Opps.

A 24 point 2nd quarter seems to be the difference in this game. Where has CJ been all year? Not in the 2500 yard club, that is for sure. 10-1.

14-27-17, that's what the Jets put on the Bi-queens in the first 3 quarters. The Jets seem to be back, I wonder if its just a fluke? 11-1.

no highlights for week 6

So 11-1 this week, which brings me to 33-15 on the year. A great week for me this past week 5. So far I've gotta very good record going. I wish I had someone to compare too, LOL.

Week 7 games:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GOTW - WK 2
    Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    49ERS VS PANTHERS I know, I know, what about the Saints vs Browns, trust me on this one, call it inside info, this won't even be close to a good game. So with that said, I picked what I think will be a good game. Panthers are a great running team and the 49ers have by far the best front 7 in the league. I think the 49ers are going to win this one, but they are going to have to fight to do it. My thinking is the 9ers are going to stop that very good running game of the Panthers and then the Panthers will be forced to throw, and for this team that's not a good thing. Give me 49ers 30-14.

[​IMG]
    UPSET SPECIAL - WK 4
    Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    BENGALS VS FALCONS Bengals are a very good team and the Falcons are also for real. Falcons are now being controlled by a very good owner in Bizzy, while Dunn is just laying low trying to get a jump on the AFC. I am taking the Falcons at home in this one. Their offense is really re-ignited with Bizzy at the helm. 34-32 Falcons.

Now the rest of my 'predictions'...

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    EAGLES VS TITANS Titans are still struggling to put up points and their defense isn't playing great. Speaking of bad defense the Eagles are one of the worse defensive teams in the league but man, they can score and score a lot. Give me the OMFLBowl champ to beat up on Ox and his Titans at home. 42-28 Eagles.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    BROWNS VS SAINTS Browns are one of the top 3 teams in this league and the saints, though a great team with all their players, are really hurting right now. That will happen when you have 5 players on the injury list who are all 90's players and all starters. Yes, I am crying so leave me alone and let me pout for a lil while! ;) Browns will simply be too much and the Saints just don't have a qb that can carry this team. Browns 38-27.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    STEELERS VS DOLPHINS Stang is mad. After being messed over in his last game I think Jethro is going to pay for the sins of last weeks debacle. Look for the Steelers to try and hang, but the Dolphins are going to be too much at home. Dolphins win 27-17.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    RAMS VS BUCS Bruce has his team rolling and even though the Bucs took out the NFC South leading Saints, they done it verse a team who was hurt bad. I think the Bucs are a very very good team, but the Rams are a very very good coach. Rams beat up on the Bucs at home 28-17.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    REDSKINS VS BEARS Bama has had some very close games, but they are probably 2-3 players away from making a big push. Bears are still one of the better teams in the league, and at home, probably unbeatable. Bears win big 36-13.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    BILLS VS RAVENS Steven has faced some very good teams so far this season. They simply have to of had one of the toughest scheduled so far. Ravens are really not doing well right now and their season hangs in the balance. It's a long shot for them to do anything, but a loss here and its done. Bills put the Ravens out of their misery - 28-10.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    CARDS VS SEAHAWKS Cards will be getting a new owner soon and Bates couldn't be happier. Bates is really struggling with his new team. The once outspoken and great owner of the Cards has yet to find his feet with the Seahawks. I really want to take the Hawks but this is going to be tough since we aren't sure who will be the new Cards owner. I think Bates has all but given up. Give me the Cards controlled by whoever to beat the Hawks at home - 24-21.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    RAIDERS VS BRONCOS Sav vs Win. Two owners who have the potential to make some real noise in the OMFL. Win is getting the hang of his team up in Denver and Sav is well, sav - MIA. I am going to take the Broncos at home to take out the Raiders in a close game. Broncos win 21-17.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    PATS VS CHARGERS This could of been GOTW material here, but Sammy just hasn't shown me enough. Pats, even though they would love to make you think that their O stinks, are a very very good team who can put points on anyone when focused. Chargers just are too up and down and will have to prove more on the field before I trust them. Pats win 30-24.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    VIKINGS VS PACKERS Frisk is back boys! That's right the happy go lucky Frisk gave up his favorite team so that Tank could have them. Now that Tank has had to leave, Frisk is back and he's gotta stiff first test with the Pack coming to town. Packers are a good team but they are having trouble by putting it all together in one game. Give me Frisk and his baby love Vikings - 32-28.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    GMEN VS COWBOYS Dave loves his new team, or at least I think he does. Wajo and his Cowboys are having a very quiet season after a great season they had last year. Dave is a trouper and one of the nicest guys in the league. Problem is being a nice guy doesnt equal W's. Give me the Boys and Tony Romo - 36-20.

GAMES ALREADY PLAYED

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    JAGS BEAT UP ON CHEIFS 75% of this league can't play defense, they can't even sniff, spell, or guess at what defense is. This is not the case for these Jags. Jags are very good at D and when that offense beings to roll they are a tough team to beat. Jags are on the fast track to winning the AFC again.

Let's hope for some better games this week, because last week kinda sucked.

I am going to climb on my soap box for a moment because, well, because its my article and I can. LOL. Cheese. Gez, I hate cheese. I hate un-sim, cheesy, crappy attitude, horrible owners and guys who have nothing better to do except waste my time on a horrible game. You know that I realized something this week though, something I hate more than cheese. Yes it is possible, it was hard to believe myself. The thing I hate more than cheese is people who CRY cheese and who cry foul. Look, this may not be a perfect league, because its full of HUMANS and HUMANS aren't perfect, but this league isn't as bad as some say either. Just because you can't stop it doesnt make it cheese. I am sorry but not every drag route, ever slant, every post, every toss, every dive, every play that you can't stop is cheese. Maybe you should learn how to simply step up and make a play. I am all for sim style football but I am getting a little tired of every guy who yells cheese because he couldn't stop a drag route or a wr who had a stud game, or a rb who ran you over. Step up to the plate, learn some defense and play ball. Look, if its cheese then freaking call it and lets clean it up, I am all for that, but don't go to the other extreme and now everything under the sun is now cheese. The balance is in the middle, get off the extremes.

Let me also take just a moment to say that we have had a little bit of a turnover in our ownership so far this season. It's never fun to lose a owner, weather its a boot or weather it's stepping down. This league is formed on a majority of great guys and good coaches and you simply don't want to lose any of those dudes. What makes the OMFL fun is long time relationships and long time rivalries. We haven't quite made it there yet, but we are well on our way. Gonna miss these guys who are leaving, but I have faith that these new cats are going to fit right in with our core here.

Now that my team is hurting as bad as they are - let the injuries reign! If my team has to be missing starter then I hope your team does also! :) Just picking guys. Let's keep the game play straight and have fun.

See you guys in week 8!

2. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Great read as always Nate...

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Nice job again.

Jags D really played lights out against Blue's Chiefs.....kinda sad that the scoreboard didn't show it. Two fumble return TD's and a KR TD made that game almost one of the greatest comebacks in OMFL history!

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Great Work Nate! I love the new logos, I look forward to this every week! Power rankings will be up as soon as Sci ever texts me back that bastard!

5. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

good job as always Nate! Thanks for the kind words. I really enjoyed my time here other then maybe a salary cap that I felt was a bit more complicated then it needed to be but that was not the end all reason for me leaving. I had some personal issues to work out, plus compiled with me having nothing but problems with my new ps3 slim system and all that together made me remove myself for anything related to ps3.

Long story short it takes literally like 10 minutes to send a message on psn while in game due to seeing the never ending loading circles on on everything in the XMB. I was told it ws a hard drive issue so i replaced the hard drive with a bigger,faster drive and had the same problem.

Anyways I just wanted to say you guys are top notch with all the extra content you guys provide and I hated to leave but I will still be around on the TF site in Trifecta for NCAA and TMFL both 360 leagues. Xbox live is just so much more enjoyable to me with the party chat and cross game chats so my ps3 will just be a big blu-ray player and maybe a few games with mlb the show. I'll still check in and chime in from time to time if thats ok and feel free to drop me a line sometime if you guys see me around.

6. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

I feel u Pepper about the neverending abyss of circles on the XMB. gets annoying. it also happens on the NCAA 11 game in game. takes forever to get a message across. That's why i enjoy my headset, can get the message across faster.

7. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Great article as always Nate, this is the best content in the league every time it gets posted.

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

How you can say this article is not appreciated enough is beyond me. This article kicks ass, and we all love it. Good stuff, Nate.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

lol....what he said.

10. CALi BUCC

CALi BUCC Walk On

good stuff,
    For the last time, I didn't play CPU.

11. Obisan

Obisan Walk On

Great write-up Nate. I've had two games in a row where I have lost by less than 3. Matt Ryan went out for 3 weeks, so I'm going to have to rely on Redman and the running of Turner, which I haven't perfected yet.

12. natedawg212000

the write up that i said i probably wouldn't do was the hot seat, not this...lol.

13. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

I haven't given up!

14. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Just make sure you keep doing these, otherwise I may need to fly down to Louisiana and fight you, probably unwillingly. :D

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I would still love a hot seat via podcast. A real interview style, especially if those of us "creative" types get into a mood to play up their coaching style.

Who WOULDN'T want to hear a Coach Winuvas tirade LIVE?

Huh?

I mean, you wouldn't want your kids listening to it without editing...

But it's entertainment people!

:)

16. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

do it!!!

17. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Great job Nate and idc what happens as long as Frisk loses lol

18. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I can't wait til I go to Detroit and dominate the kitty cats.

19. natedawg212000

i am surprised that my soapbox didn't stir some stuff around here. i feel very strong about this right now lol.

20. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Well, do you want it to stir something up? If no one said anything about, my suggestion would be to leave it alone since you already said your peace/piece.

21. natedawg212000

(not worth it) see you guys later..

22. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I agree 100%. It really isn't. You had a great write up, why taint it by instigating a topic that deem something that would likely get people riled up?

On to more important issues. I know we have a new patch out. Whats the deal with it taking forever to download? Sheeesh....