THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL - WEEK 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Sep 28, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL - WEEK 8

[​IMG]

We are right in the mist of an extremly crazy Season 4 for the OMFL. Finally the midway mark is here, and things, thanks to injuries, are as fluctuating as much as ever. New owners, team swaps, and injuries are really causing some fluctuation and things are getting very interesting.

Lets take a look at my surprises so far...

My surprises up to week 8.
    Column 1 Column 2
    Owner/Team
    SCI One of the leagues best owners, who was also one of the most excited about his team in 2k11, had a very rough start to the beginning of the season. That has totally turned around now. He's got his team rolling and he's super close to taking his division lead. Jets are a good team and Sci has them rolling.
    WAJO The Cowboys have had some serious trouble taking a hold of this season. They have struggled to do just about anything and Wajo had better get his team straightened up or he's going to miss the playoffs. The whole NFC seems to be down this year. This just in, injuries SUCK.
    MOOGLE My man Moogle was on fire as the top NFC team last year before having to walk way from his Lions with internet troubles. Coming back this season and taking over the high flying, high powered Texans should have meant that Moogle was going to fight for the AFC supremacy. This just hasn't happened as the Texans struggle just to stay above .500.
    BLUEBEAN Last season Blue done some pretty amazing things with a very low rated Rams team. Making the playoffs and making some noise was just expected as he made his move over to the Chiefs of the AFC. Problem is the Chiefs haven't done much of anything to make even a peep in the AFC.

Next lets take a look at my predictions from week 7.

Week 7 game recap:
    [​IMG]

Wow, was I wrong. I knew that Claven had game, but this caught me by surprise. Great game Claven. 0-1

ATL and Bizzy stepped up to the plate and the Bengals got smacked around. Falcons and Panthers will be battling it out for the NFC South, since the Saints seem to be more like the AINTS since the loss of Brees.

Ok so I whiffed on the score, but at least I picked the winner. Both teams decided to actually play some defense today - good for them - congrats! 2-1.

Browns murder the Saints just like I expected. Browns defense was just unstoppable as they picked on all 3 qb's that the saints played. Yes, saints tried every single qb and the verdict is the same - Saints are in trouble. Browns rub it in for good measure with a last second td when up big and Saints not trying to stop the clock. I promptly thanked him for his wonderful sportsmanship. :( 3-1

I never want to play Stang when he is mad. Good news for the Steelers is they get to play the Saints next. Saints seem to be a heal all for all that a hurting team needs to pick up a W. 4-1

Bruce! What the heck happened dude! Messing up my record here man. Someone (uhmm, Saints) woke up the sleeping Giant that is the Bucs. Bucs go off for the second week in a row. Good job Bucs. 4-2

Redskins (who I am not sure actually played this game) made me eat my words. I am surprised but happy for them. Bears lose the game and promptly lose their owner. I wish I could say I am surprised by that, but I am not. 4-3.

Ravens coach Web decided to step down from his Board position due to time, and until that time issue changes I dont expect his record to do much changing either. Bills with a big win. 5-3.

Coach Bates taught one of my old friends Coach West a pretty clear, simple message - the OMFL is for big boys only. Coach West is going to have to stop changing so many diapers and start putting on his own big boy pants if he's going to hang with the cats of the OMFL. Seahawks - I like my crow fried please. 5-4.

I really didn't see Sav having the want-to to make this much of a game. Even his PSN message says that he sucks at madden. Hey SAV I wish you the best, oh wait, what am I doing? He doesn't even read these forums. :p 5-5.

Finally I got one right. Man it's been a rough week with picks so far. Pats are for real and keep rolling. I'd love to see a Pats/Jags match-up. 6-5.

2 points. 2 freaking points. Man, that's a little too close for comfort. Thanks for pulling it out Frisk, my record thanks you also. Packers lose the game and get a new owner. Let's hope this time it's better than the last few times. 7-5.

Superdave lays the smack-a-ro' on old Wajo. I've gotta be honest, I didn't see that coming. Superdave picks up a win and takes control of a weak NFC East Division. 7-6.

So 7-6 this week, which brings me to 40-21 on the year. Not a very good week, so let's see if I can't fix that with a better one.

Since there were hardly ever any highlights turned in (none for last week), I have decided to take advantage of our new league central account and take a look at some stat leaders and division leaders.

Season Stat Leaders through Week 7
    [​IMG]
    Old man Farve looks like he can put up some major yards throwing the ball, well maybe that has to do with Tank not being able to run the ball to save his life, but either way Farve is in the lead. With the #1 passing coach in the OMFL taking over his Vikings, I look for rushing numbers to improve, but Farve to continue to light it up. Harvin, you are welcome my friend.

MJD, Jackson, and Harrison look to be the cream of the crop of OMFL rushers. The AFC simply knows how to run the ball with 2 of the top 3 rushers coming out of the AFC. The NFC has more higher ranked guys, but those three are a head above the rest. Look for Harrison to fall back now that their coach is gone. Thats a pretty special attack they had for a little while over there.

Jackson and Colston in the top 5? Are you kidding me? Do they run the ball in Philly at all? What's going on over there? We also have 2 TE's in the top 5. I'd say the middle of the field is often open for that to happen. Let's go people, cover up those TE's.

It's good to see some young, stud MLB's leading the league in tackles this year. Ryans and McCain are some of the best. No one is totally running away with this, but I think a MLB might have the chance to win the title of best tackler this year.

Top two sack leaders are off of the same team in the OMFL, and no one else is even close. Do I smell cheddar? I digress. Some no name dudes are sneaking up but there's a lot of season left to be played, lets see if these sack numbers improve with this latest patch.

Looks like the name of the game might be safety. I know that there are not many INT numbers that really stick out (see Jags of last season), but I am sure if we could see the number of INTs as a whole, it would blow you away. Just as long as another CB doesn't win DPOTY this year, I am fine.

Division Leaders through Week 7
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AFC East looks to be shaping up into a great battle down the stretch. Can the Jets make the move to a AFC power by knocking off the Pats? Also, can Stang and his Fins make a come back, or is it too much too late for them? I think this division still belongs to the Pats, but he had better not sleep this offseason, because this is a good division.

NFC East looks to be the G-men at the moment. Pepper got 'em started and Dave is finishing teams off. The only team who seems to be totally out of it is the Skins, and they have lose some close games. Look for the Cards to fall further back as West learns the game, and for the Cowboys to get their act together and make a run at Dave and his Giants.

Steelers and Ravens are done in the AFC North, but the Browns are under new leadership. I think the Bengals are for real and we'll have to see what takes place with this new Browns ownership.

All 4 teams of the NFC North have changed owners within the last 3 weeks. That my friend leaves for a very open, very tough to decide division. I like the Bi-Queens, but lets see how the Bears bounce back under new leadership.

AFC South is over. Jags have beaten every single person they played pretty easy. The only other team that has a shot would be the Texans, but Moogle just doesn't have what it takes this year to take out the Jags. Jags better not put it on cruise control though, the 2 time OMFL Bowl Champ is now in your division my friend.

NFC South has went from over, to overstated. The Panthers and Falcons are for real and the Saints are just hurting too bad to stop the bleeding. Look for this to become a really tight race down the stretch. There are serious doubts that the Aints can hold anyone off until Brees gets back.

AFC West. Poor, poor AFC West. Is there a worse division in the OMFL? Well maybe the NFC North, but thats a close race that no one wants to win. Speaking of wanting to win, will any team step up here and take this division? Not a good thing when 1st place and last place are tied.

NFC West is about two teams, the Rams and the 9ers. 49ers have defense and Rams have offense. Both teams are coming off big time losses and now we just sit back and see who steps up to take control. Should be a fun battle to watch.

(continue on next post)

2. natedawg212000

Week 8 games:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GOTW - WK 8
    Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    [​IMG] This is going to be a GREAT game. I look for Mustang to try and come out and prove that he belongs in the conversation of the elite teams in the OMFL, while the Dunn and his bengals look to take control over a top tier team. I am looking for Fins to try and run the ball while the Bengals try and play some really good defense. Give me the Dolhpins in this one. I still think he's made from last week. Dolphins win 28-26.

[​IMG]
    UPSET SPECIAL - WK 8
    Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    [​IMG] Claven has proven to me now that he can simply run the ball with the best of the OMFL. The Rams are coming off of a very tough loss last week where their offense decided to be offensive. Rams are at home but I think Claven runs the ball and controls the clock. Panthers pull off the upset and take over the NFC South - 21-17.

Now the rest of my 'predictions'...

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    [​IMG] I have no clue what GB is going to look like with this new owner. I know that the Jets are hot and the Jets are at home. I'll take that combo any time. Jets win 32-28.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    [​IMG] Badabing went out and got a PS3, in part, so that he could be in the OMFL. That's pretty freaking cool if you ask me. The 49ers are coming off of a tough loss. Give me the 9ers at home, while Bada learns the game. 49ers win 36-24.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    [​IMG] Titans and baby CJ roll over to the Chargers to take on Sammy. Talk about two owners who almost refuse to win a game, these two teams are struggling. I like the Titans in this one. Sammy is struggling on O and last week Ox played some D for a change. Look for CJ to finally break 100 yards, maybe. Either way, Titans win 21-20.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    [​IMG] Skins and Bama go to Detriot to take on Win and his, again, new team the Lions. The Lions don't seem to fit Win's style, but he likes the young team that he has their. Look for the Lions to struggle on D for a little while, just not this game. Skins get beat by a better team this week, but I dont like the future for the lions, that is until after a few drafts. Lions win 16-13.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    [​IMG] Jethro goes down to the bayou to take on the Saints. Saints had his number in GB but that was last years game. This year its totally different and with the Saints hurting, the Steelers are on the prowl. I hear the Saints are changing PB to find a PB that fits their new QB's style better. Look for a new game plan to try and right this Saints ship before its all over. Saints win 18-15.

GAMES ALREADY PLAYED

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    [​IMG] Jax beats up on hurting Cowboys 40-14. The Jags are the best in the OMFL at the moment, and the Cowboys are hurting at the moment. I don't know what it is about these Jags, but they are hot. Cowboys better get their stuff straight because a win this week and the G-men are running away with this division. Who would'a thunk that?

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    [​IMG] Bluebean takes out Steven - 36-17. Big Blue flexs his offensive muscles and takes out a surging Bills team. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is fishy about this Bills team, I just can't figure them out. Blue keeps his playoff hopes alive with a big win.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    [​IMG] Pats put Vikings back in their place with a 31-24 win. The scores seem to be evening out with this latest patch. Pats are simply the paper champs of the OMFL every season, GL beating them.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    [​IMG] Seattle has won 2 in a row as they take out the Raiders 20-17. Raiders look to have given in and given up on this season while the Seahawks seem to be building something up there. Can he really return to an OMFL power with the lowly Hawks? We'll see how it plays out, but this was a much needed win for the struggling Bates.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    [​IMG] So much for thinking defense was better. Tommyboy, AKA Coach West, AKA Baby maker looks to have his offense rolling. TB, who was hot, takes a small step backwards after this week. Both teams are widely unknown right now, but this was a big win with no defense.

Column 1 Column 2
    Matchup
    [​IMG] Indy gets on track again vs the Texans - 38-44. The 2 time OMFL Champ ran as far and as fast from the Lion as he could. The moment the Colts came open, he left his home, clothes, and even wife to get to Indy and take the job. A fresh start is what he wanted, and a fresh start looks like what he needed. Big win against a very good Texans team.

So there ya have my look at Week 8. A lot of games got in pretty quick and my article was delayed because of work, but there ya have it.

The big news this week was the big patch that we all have been waiting for. Just like Maddens of the past, you either love the new game or you hate the new game, very few in between on this version. The patch was suppose to be a fix-all, but all it seems to fix is the arguments. AM or AP looks to be the biggest debate since 1 piece or 2 piece beach wear. I know one thing, the OMFL isn't going to knee jerk this decision. We will take our time, scrim it out, and make the best call for the league as a whole. I have my own personal feelings, but we'll save those for another time.

See you guys in week 9!

3. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Great read Nate! I see you are a fan of the new League Central tool... :)

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Great read as always Nate.

5. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

lol love reading this stuff good job

6. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

That hurts man, you know I read the forums...im on here everyday....I might not post much but I DO read the forums.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

OMG.....it's.......SAV!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's his one post every month!

Great job, Nate, you made him waste it.

LOL

8. natedawg212000

LOL, thats all i was doing, i've took shots at my pal for a few weeks just trying to get him to respond, thats all. you know i have nothing but love for ya sav!

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

loving the new graphics....

10. BadaBing319

League Central is where its at!

11. natedawg212000

Yep, with a lil tweaking! ;) LC rocks!

12. BadaBing319

Yeah, love the personalized touch with the OMFL logo...

13. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Great stuff as always Nate, hopefully i can keep the Bears on top of the NFC North.