THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL WEEK 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jun 9, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

THIS WEEK IN THE OMFL WEEK 9

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Welcome to our recap of week 8 and our outlook to week 9. WoW. I am tired and this week hasn't really began hardly. Talk about ownership turnover, what 2 owners and a possible 3rd or 4th on the horizon. I am sure glad we have some great owners on the waiting list. Sucks for these guys leaving, because they will want to come back in 2k11, and it ain't happening.

Let's get back to the games, because there was some goodies this past week. Before we recap let's look at my surprises so far. It's a short list, but let's cover it none the less.

My surprises so for up to week 8.
    Column 1
    Saints 7-1 - Ok, so no one and I mean no one (including myself) expected this. I was hoping for 3 wins for the season and never thought 7-1 could happen. My offense is rolling and eating up clock no one's business. The running back duo of Jacobs and Keller is a pick your poison back field. I can run you over or run past you, and if you dare put 8 in the box, then English has a field day all day. I could be tough, but the 2nd half of the season is where teams begin to separate.
    Jags 5-2 - This is still one of the hottest teams in the OMFL, but they make the list this week due to their 2 shocking losses. Ok, maybe a tough, hard fought battle with the Colts isn't 'shocking' but that loss to the Texans was. Look, Dunlap's my friend, if he weren't I wouldn't have him as one of my main helpers around here. He's an asset but he also can be the same without the 'et'. I know this team can finish strong, he's freaking 5-2 for goodness sake, but will he is a totally different question. He's rattled and on shaky ground. I hope he stays and hope he gets his head on straight and finishes what he started. If he does then he's gotta great season ahead, if he doesn't then we need a new Jags owner. Time will tell if he (like a few other owners around here) pulls a 'Winuvas' or not.
    Chiefs 4-3 - Speaking of Winuvas, his old team is really clicking. Tank is one of my favorite owners around here that I know nothing about! Well let me re-phrase, I know one thing the cat can ball. I'd hate to see what would happen if Sanders doesn't get cut, freaking stupid move by my ex-co-commish Winuvas. Chiefs are rolling man and I am not going to call playoffs, but I bet he makes a strong push.
    Raiders 8-1 -WoW. I thought English was hot. Even though the Saints stud QB has cooled off, old Warner and his Raiders are showing they are the true fire power in the OMFL. Warner is just slinging it all over the field and the Raiders are on a roll. They are even starting to steal some of the attention of the paper champs - Patriots. I can't wait to see how the AFC plays out, one this is for sure the Raiders won't catch anyone by surprise and the AFC power is starting to shift to the Raider Nation.

Let's take a look at the games from week 8:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My 'predictions' for last week...

It took 24 4th quarter points, but I did call a 4 point Colts win and that's what I got. I also called Mcallister's awesome performance. Great win by Colts, let's see how this turns out this season. 1-0

It was a close one, but the Texans pulled it out. Bucs just can't seem to win these close games just yet, but when they do the NFC South better watch out. 1-1

Falcons are done for - Lions with a big win. Stupid pick. I think I may pick against the Falcons all year, they have totally given up. 1-2.

Rams are rolling and I almost hit that one on the head with the score. 2-2.

Ohh! I almost hit that one too. Chiefs are hot right now, better not pick against them. 3-2.

Opps, I didn't make a pick but it was going to be the 9ers. I won't count this one. Man I screwed that up. 3-2.

Sorry Sainta, I should have never tried to pick against you. Bruce, welcome to the OMFL my friend, you just got smacked down by the 2 time OMFL Champ. 3-3.

Got that one! whew... 4-4.

Oops, not a good pick. WTH happened with this game? Oh ya, Maij had to quit. I don't know if I should count this one. Guess I will... 4-5.

Wasn't nearly as close as I thought it would be, but Ravens still win. Jet's need to do something to shake things up a bit, swapping teams is a option. 5-5.

Blow out. It's about time Sav got his team rolling. Good win, those kinda of games you should win. 6-5.

Uh, I think Frisk may have given up for this year. Not really much to say. Bears stood up to a good team during a big game. 6-6.

Cards really are rolling now. That running game is stud. Who knows what the limit is for this team when he's focused. 7-6.

Man, almost got this one on the head again!! Great win for Eagles.

8-6, and another winning week. 21-17 overall. Let's see how things go this week...

Week 9 games:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Chargers VS Texans - Ok, I know I am going against the grain of the Cowboys VS Eagles matchup, which is in it's own right a great GOTW choice, but I feel that this game is going to be a doozy. Chargers get a new owner (sad and I hope Maji comes back real soon!) and the Texans look to right the ship on a season of up's and down's. Texans have some serious offensive weapons and can hang with just about anyone they choose. the Chargers are getting a .500 coach in Sammy, and the verdict is still out on weather this cat can hang with the big dogs. Talent was not the issue back in Denver, so we will see what Sammy really has now. I am going to say Sammy pulls a shocker with his new team and upset the Texans at home. Chargers 32-28.

[​IMG]
    UPSET SPECIAL
    Jags VS Bucs - I know, I know, I know. I take these stinking Bucs every week, but hey I have to play him twice a season so I know them better than anyone. That and most of the games are in for this week and it didn't leave me a lot to choose from. Bottom line with this game is Dunlap is pissy and may not even play this game, if he does his head will still be in last weeks game and the Bucs are going to catch him right up side his noggin. Look for the Bucs to finish off these injured Jags. No physically they are alright, but their head is all messed up. Bucs are serious and Jags are reeling. Bucs 38-32.

Now the rest of my 'predictions'...

Cowboys VS Eagles - So this is an easy GOTW selection, it really is. These two long time rivals bear down on one another in Philly. The Eagles are rolling and have started to try and take a back seat to other teams in the OMFL, but it isn't working. They can score with anyone and hold one of the, if not the, best defense in the OMFL. The Cowboys have had a few recent set backs, but there's no better time to get back on track than this week. If Dallas plans on keeping it close it will all hinge on Romo. Romo needs a big day for Dallas to pull this one off. I don't see that happening against this Eagles defense, they are built on speed and are making plays left and right. Eagles win and win big - 34-20.

49ers VS Seahawks - Poor Seahawks. I have finally seen a few post from their owner recently and the old bamagrad needs to hit the books on his team and brush up on his skills. 49ers are quietly turning their season around. No one ever doubted he could, I simply doubted he wanted too. 49ers in a sleeper. I really want to pull for the Seahawks, but they gotta show more than what they have been. 49ers win 28-10.

Titans VS Panthers - Titans are BACCKKK! That's right, it looks like these Titans are getting some of their swag back. Problem is, even though their team is back, VY is still the QB. I like the Panthers in this one......but I won't pick them. Why? Well it isn't because of VY that's for sure, and It's not because I don't believe in Claven and his new found success. It's because of a lil guy named 'CJ'. The Panthers struggled last week containing Keller and I simply think CJ is going to run wild on them. If 'Ox' keeps playing smart and keeps VY handing off this is a easy win, if VY tries to act like Steve Young, then the Titans will get beat. Ill take CJ over VY any day. Titans 28-24.

Chiefs VS Colts - This too could have been another GOTW imo. Why wasn't it? Well because I am tired of hearing Mustang cry about being picked for GOTW. So one of the hottest teams in the OMFL come rolling into Indy this week. Tank seems to be learning his team. Colts are coming off of a come from behind victory, which included some much needed controversy. Much needed you say? Ya, things were becoming way to stagnant around here and a good old fashioned penis fight was just what we needed to wake things up around here. Any way, let me get back to the game. I did call Mcallister's 'big day' last week and I look for even more of that this week. I feel that Mustang has learned how to use this cat and the Chiefs will be stuck looking for answers. Colts 38-17.

Ravens VS Steelers - Web finally got off that losing streak last week vs the Jets, problem is that may only last this week. Sav and his Steelers are trying to get this thing back on track. Talk about two teams who are as far away as possible from the record that this talent should have, these guys gotta get this thing worked out. Look for the Steelers to get one step closer and the Ravens to go back home licking their wounds. Steelers 24-21.

Games already in...

Bengals take out the Browns - 45-21 - Bengals are clearly enjoying their new owner from the Bills and the Browns are clearly after that #1 draft choice, if there is one. Ever play a game and simply hit the restart and just replay because you were playing so bad? Maybe the Browns need to hit the restart and just look at the 2nd half of this season as a 'restart' to a horrible year so far.

Vikings whip the Packers - 31-17 - WOW, Frisk came back strong this week. After giving up in a game a few weeks ago, the old Friskmister came back strong against a pretty good Packers team. Pack is left with their pants around their ankles but they have the pieces in place, and well they play in a pretty sucky division so it's not over yet! Vikings need to keep this puppy rolling, well for the same reasons as why the Packers season isn't over yet.

Redskins shock the Dolphins - 35-32 - Now this one I would have probably whiffed on if I would have had to call it. The Dolphins have been a team on a mission, while the Redskins look to be a team living in the past of their owners championships. I would have never thunk this to be a blow out, which it wasn't, but I also would have thought the Dolphins would have pulled a shocker. Both are good teams, with great owners. Watch out if they are on your list to play this year.

Rams put Falcons out of misery - 23-14 - Where has this falcons team gone man? The crap talking, mess stirring, 2 sport playing Falcons have seemed to turn their attention to baseball instead of finishing up strong here in the OMFL. Word on the street is there are some owners who are waiting in the wings for the Falcons to come open due to a removal of ownership, both voluntarily or un-voluntarily. Bluebean is really going at it right now. A huge couple of wins these last few weeks and the NFC West seems to be his for the taking. Keep up the great work old Blue! I am pulling for ya.

Pats steam roll Jets - 44-14 - Dave has done some pretty cool work as of late. Oh, no, not on the field but here on the forums. I love the write ups man, keep them coming. There are rumors a swirling that the Jet's have worked out a deal to move teams next season, possibly even over to Cinncy. So maybe, just maybe he has already given up on this Jet's team. The Pats however have a lot to play for. I think they have tried to keep their 'comment's to themselves and instead let their play on the field do the talking. Pats roll and to be honest, I wouldn't have thought any different.

(continue on next reply)

2. natedawg212000

Raiders hunt down Bills - 56-14 - Raiders are rolling and rolling big right now. Can anyone stop this team? Not the Bills that's for sure. Bruce was snapped back to reality of how hard the competition really is. This isn't NCAA Brucey boy!

Bears fall short against Lions - 38-35 - What a game here. The Lions and their new owner pulled out a huge game against a once mighty Bears team. There's not a whole lot for me to put about these Bears. I have no clue what has happened to this once mighty team. Maybe he should spend a little less time playing everything else and a little more time on the practice field trying to make something of this season in the OMFL. Great game for the Lions, congrats on a big win.

Well there ya have it. A great week in a pretty awesome season here in the OMFL. We have had some, expected, turnover this week with some fringe owners and some surprise owners who left us. Hear me out, it's the down time for Madden but within the next 10 weeks the new game will be out and the heat will be back on to be in the OMFL. If you leave us, for anything other than a real reason (see Maij for a real reason) then you will NOT come back here to the OMFL, at least not any time soon. I've learned to never say never, but fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. This is a year around league play league, and we ain't stopping now. I am pretty excited. These new cats that have joined us come with some pretty lofty praise from some owners I hold dear here in the OMFL. If these guys are even half of the owner they are said to be, then the OMFL just got a whole lot better. This is where it's happening, jump on board and let's build this thing together.

Also before I call it a night, let me give huge kudos to the whole league. Bravo guys who are giving forth any kind of effort to write any kinda of article. Everything from fantasy players of the week, to predictions, to spreads, its all pretty awesome stuff. I love it and I thank you for making the OMFL a pretty awesome place!

See you guys next week!

3. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

Terrific Article Nate, when i get behind i loves these, i get caught up with everything going on with other teams in the OMFL

4. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

great stuff indeed, really enjoyed reading it

5. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

actually, the Jets-Ravens game was 31-28, but the results didn't get recorded due to a disconnect and web played the computer. Feely missed a FG with 3 seconds left that would have tied it

6. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

The Bungles you say??

7. natedawg212000

Awesome so I was right!!

8. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

the sad part is I have definitely not thrown in the towel, still having fun with my guys, especially the acquisitions I've made like James, Hewitt, and Urlacher, but I just have never had an answer for the Pats. Actually, in our 5 meetings, this weeks was the highest I ever scored against them

9. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Dunlap will be back he just needs time to regroup. You have to understand you not going to beat Mustang back to back. That's the reality of it.

10. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Colts took it to me - continuing the inconsistant play I've brought to the league.

Bad habit of throwing to the wrong team continues....

Was that Bob Sanders cut by the Chiefs???? Love the roster on the offensive side of the ball! Man I wish I had Eric Berry right about now.

11. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Oh you big troublemaker! Thanks for that, LOL.

12. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

haha, there's really no use hiding it really and i was never going to deny it, but depending on what happens with a 4th season with Madden 10 or at least definitely for Madden 11, scikotic and I will be swapping teams Jets for Bengals. I just really wanted to at least finish out this season with the Jets, and really he's in the middle of a playoff run that I'd hate to ruin by taking over now. Hell, the Jets team in madden 11 will be awesome, one of the best even, but I think the Bengals will be a better team in madden 11 than the Jets were when I started with them at the beginning of Madden 10. Win-win for both sides

13. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Damn Nate your articles kick friggin butt. Great job man

14. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

LOL us here in Knoxville and the university of Tennessee wish we had berry as well. In the right defensive scheme, Eric will be a BEAST in the NFL... All is not lost in knoxville thou, we got a great player working his way up in SS Janson Jackson. As long as he doesnt rob any more local gas stations he will fill in quite nicely.

15. natedawg212000

Devaunta Sanders, stud rb

16. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Great Job Nate. Thread is really cool.

17. Big D

Big D Walk On

3 consecutive weeks where Nate has picked against me. He forgets that if I didn't have a nano that hit my QB before he could pitch the ball to a wide open MJD, that he would have been wrong last week.

So get over this 'I called a 4 point win' thing buddy. Did you also call the nano sack on 3rd and 1?

18. natedawg212000

Did the nano effect you giving up 21 points in the 4th quarter? sounds like an excuse to me.

19. Big D

Big D Walk On

yup it did. i would have given up 14 without the nano. game was over.

20. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

That score was him pounding the cpu not me nate. Our game was much closer then that.

Honestly with a few breaks my way instead of his we were right there, and that holds true vs the skins as well.

We will get our sea legs soon, the bills lack talent but we make up for it with grit.

Keep the put downs coming...we love that ish.

21. joseph201105

joseph201105 OMFL- Oakland Raiders

Things happen through out a game good and bad for both teams. You leave it all up to one play things like this happen.

22. Big D

Big D Walk On

Tell ya what Nate, I will donate an extra $15 to the OMFL fund if you never pick me to win again this season, and find ways. To make it sound legit in your weekly writeups, not just say you are picking against me because of my donation. I have the extra $15 on the way....but you have to keep doing these weekly writeups because we all love them and you aren't allowed to pick FOR me again.

We have a deal buddy? :)

23. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

but you play the Jets this season

24. Big D

Big D Walk On

Yah, but I'm serious. I like it when he picks against me, it lights a little fire under my arse.....so yah I'm dead serious, I'll chip in an extra $15 if he does the Week in Review every week (cuz everybody including I loves to read it) and never picks me to win again.

25. natedawg212000

Nah, keep your $15 bucks. I'll stick to doing what I want. :)