This Week's Schedule - Heads up for THE GAME

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Aug 8, 2011.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Archie Griffin

I should be able to play my game against Nebraska no problem once we advance, but after that, it may get a little tricky for our showdown in THE GAME.

My in laws are coming in town tomorrow evening for my wife's graduation from grad school and will be down here through Sunday.

Needless to say, my ability to break away to get a game in is going to be limited after tomorrow evening.

Just FYI, I may not be able to play our game until Sunday unless we get into a rapid advance schedule between today and tomorrow.

Recruiting shouldn't be a problem and what not, since I can do it here from work. Just wanted to give a head's up.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

We'll find a way to work it out. We've been advancing almost every day, so I bet we can git it done quickly. If we don't, we can just work it out with the guys. Whatever they say is fine with me.

3. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

We're waiting on Goose in week 11 - right? What's our ETA for that?

4. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Appreciate it. My wife hasn't seen her family since Christmas, so odds are, if I try to break away for a video game, it could be the end of me as we know it.

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

I can get my game in with Big -d tonight if he can.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Been there. That's why I play so late at night. Less dangerous.

7. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Has he posted in the scheduling thread? I think I saw him pop online last night. I'll send him a text.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

Yes I can.

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

What does this mean? If we advance early tonight then when will the next advance be? On Sunday?!?

10. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Yeah, my only hope there would be late Friday night... Work comes too early through Friday... I'm sure we'll work it out. Just wanted to make sure you knew my situation.

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

So let me ask this question because I am working on stuff and don't have a the ps3 anywhere near me...We advance after goose plays, then we are hoping everyone can get their game in tonight so we can advance relatively soon (like tomorrow)?

I won't have a problem playing my next game tonight, I just want to make sure I understand what is going on.

12. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

If we get to the UM/OSU game, that should be the last week that Smooth has to play until we get to the bowls. That should help to minimize the impact of his downtime during his family visit. That, however, seems like a fairly aggressive schedule. I can move things around to make it happen, but I, too, have to pay a steep price with the wife for family-time gaming. The more we can get everyone else to commit to it, the easier it will be for me to justify.

13. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I think that's the hope man...

Sorry for the inconvenience.

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's all good. We've been moving at a pretty fast pace so far, and that's not normal for us. If we make it, we do. If we don't, it's nothing to worry much about. We're weeks ahead of where I was planning to be at this time, and we always understand schedule issues, since we tend to have a lot of family guys and guys with heavy work schedules.

15. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

There is zero inconvenience, I just need to know thats all.

16. Big D

Big D Walk On

7 days is a long time to wait no matter what the situation (reminds me of PSN outage) lol.

17. egofailure

Week long waits can be really kill the momentum of a league. We've seen it in the past. I'm confident that Arch' will find a compromise somehow.

Pace isn't everything, but niether is winning. I've had my fair share of going on auto in order to prevent too long of a wait. It happens sometimes.

18. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The wait won't happen. I've seen it, and it ain't worth waiting. Smooth and I are going to play a bunch of times. I'm not worried about it. If I had a shot at the title, I'd be a bit antsy, but I'm out of the running, so it's all good.

19. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I just hoped to get the inaugural version of THE GAME in... Hopefully it'll work out, but just wanted to give a heads up to all.

Tomorrow night or Wednesday night may be the only chances really... I'd hate to lose the inaugural battle, and in Ann Arbor too!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I don't think anyone wants to see a H2H game skipped. I put a lot of work into customizing the schedule in my other OLD and it kills me when we miss a H2H game.
    If you're free on Wednesday night, I'd think there's a good chance we'd be into week 13 by then. Best of luck to the both of you.

21. Big D

Big D Walk On

bdub and I are playing tonight

22. egofailure

I'll be kicking off again ASU in about 15-20. Huge game for us.

23. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I'll be running with Nebraska within the half hour.

24. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

MSU takes on rival Indiana tonight around 10:00 PT.

25. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Done