THL (PS3) (S1) League Talk

Discussion in 'THL: Tradition Hockey League (PS3)' started by Fiddy14, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

post how some of your games are going in the league, user vs user, and user vs cpu etc.

thoughts on the league, settings, etc..

2. LAC27

LAC27 Walk On

oilerplanet do you have a smartphone and/or use the app GroupMe? Its basically an app that groups everyone into one chat you text message into. I guess kind of like the AIM blast chat but from experience the app works great. I'm pretty sure everyone else uses it and we can just create a group to communicate to the league easily in an instantaneous fashion.

fishdock
    rschwep
    @captainclutch

• Like Like x 1
  3. oilerplanet

oilerplanet Walk On

I just use web browser on my iPhone. I will check out this app if it is available in Canada

Editors note:

I have just downloaded the app on my phone. However it appears to crash when i try to open the app. Will trouble shoot and send an update.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Just for clarification, are we waiting for our last two guys to become TSO members before starting? CAN'T WAIT.

5. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

6. Paul Moquin

Paul Moquin Walk On

Boston bruins for me

7. oilerplanet

oilerplanet Walk On

Welcome to the league,

Now trade me Tuukka Rask, haha

• Like Like x 1
  8. oilerplanet

oilerplanet Walk On

For consideration:

I have been checking out the other league and I like their trading format. And thought maybe we could consider or run a trial period using that format. It always allows for the movement of draft picks and seems reasonable. It appears to follow the following process:

1. Make a trade user-user, or user-CPU
    2. Once trade is accepted (but before approved by the commish) the user who proposed the trade posts it on the trade wall
    3. Users then vote to approve or reject the trade and provide feedback as to their reasoning.
    4. Once a set number of users approve the trade (ie maybe 3/6) or reject the trade the commish then accepts or dissallows the trade.

Just a thought

9. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

LAC27 can do what he wants with that, but to me, having votes on trades is worthless. get a rule set in stone, done (structure). no arguing about a trade that was or wasnt accepted then have commish rule on it one way or the other. thats how i see it. but as i said, LAC27 can rule on that etc.

10. LAC27

LAC27 Walk On

Two notes:

1. Everyone that has not yet joined the league please do so ASAP. The final teams have been set with Paul Moquin going with the Bruins, Phillykid1204 going with Pittsburgh and rschwep going with a pacific team yet tbd. I sent an invite to mostly everyone for the league but you can search it at TSO Hockey on GM Connected. I'll open up a thread for the advance schedule but lets plan to start tonight at 8 EST and look to advance in 5 days.

2. In terms of trades, I'm on the fence about draft picks. Mainly because I've played offline with some friends in a GM Mode and I know how bad you can take advantage of the CPU. That being said I know that no one is really here to do that. I dont really like the vote process, mainly because if there is a trade that goes unvoted on before an advance then the user has to wait a whole nother week to put it through. If I start vetoing unrelentlessly then we can discuss further options. I dont mind going with draft picks in the end, I just don't know how to govern it. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts lets here it and we can make a final ruling asap.

11. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

everyone sign in?

12. LAC27

LAC27 Walk On

I think everyone is on board, I couldnt get on last night to accept the last few people in but I'll get that after work today and we'll be a go. It looks like we are adding two more guys as well, someone is coming on the site as Detroit and another as the Jets. So if you have a game against them this week, give it a few days to see if they are in before the first advance.

• Like Like x 2
  13. LAC27

LAC27 Walk On

League is Live - if you have any games against Detroit wait a few days yet. Dont forget to keep your scores and post only the final scores and if your backup was used. I dont care who scored or anything thats kept online. Advance should happen around Wednesday, if we are ready before then we can go but no rush.

oilerplanet
    rschwep
    Captain Clutch
    fishdock
    CxMacx10
    Paul Moquin
    Phillykid1204

Fiddy14

• Like Like x 1
  14. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

I have completed week one.

15. LAC27

LAC27 Walk On

fishdock Phillykid1204 rschwep Paul Moquin Captain Clutch oilerplanet CxMacx10

In order to advance, it needs to be posted that everyone has completed their games. In the results page for each week, provide a list of each game played with the result and if the backup goalie was used. Don't post every game by itself, post every game played that week with results so its easy to follow and that we know who is finished and who is not.

16. oilerplanet

oilerplanet Walk On

Edmonton is RTA

17. LAC27

LAC27 Walk On

18. oilerplanet

oilerplanet Walk On

Only got half my games in tonight, should get the remaining three in tomorrow

19. LAC27

LAC27 Walk On

Everything is looking great guys, I have to play my games yet, my bad...whats the status of everyone as it stands Friday afternoon? I have a softball tournament in OCMD this weekend and wont be home til sunday so I wont be able to advance it.

oilerplanet Phillykid1204 rschwep CxMacx10 Paul Moquin fishdock Captain Clutch

Let me know by 6 EST if we can advance

Also we might be able to advance anyways but for all purposes this is the case right now

20. oilerplanet

oilerplanet Walk On

Got 1 game left will get it in late tonight unless you advance witch is alright with me

21. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Hey guys! Just wanted to shoot an update and let you know that LAC27 made me commish for the advance this weekend just to keep things rolling. oilerplanet , I can hold off and let you play your last game...just try and get me confirmation before 12 AM. I'll make the advance then (without further notice) since you said it's ok if we advance. LAC27 will return to commissioner after the weekend. Keep up the good work guys!

22. oilerplanet

oilerplanet Walk On

Playing my game right now, will advise when over

23. oilerplanet

oilerplanet Walk On

Edmonton is ready to advance

• Like Like x 1
  24. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Fantastic. No rush, but please post your results in the appropriate thread when you get the chance!

25. oilerplanet

oilerplanet Walk On

Score posting in progress

• Like Like x 1