THL (PS3) Team History

Discussion in 'THL Team Pages' started by Friz, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I haven't really decided if I'm getting NHL 12 this year, but if there was an online league to join here that would go a long way in making my decision. Will there be a PS3 online league for NHL 12? I played mostly EASHL in NHL 11, so I may suck at playing as a full team, but just wanted to check if there was other interest in an NHL league for PS3

2. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

I've been looking for a solid NHL league for a long time.. I really hope there's enough interest here.

3. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ive never used it, but there is an online league mode in the game isnt there? not sure what all features are with that...is it mainly for just keeping stats, or is it more of a full season/gm mode with trades etc.? either way, if its there we can certainly use that to help and then have a board set up here for scheduling, trade talk (if applicable) etc. main thing, if theres a league here, i'll get the game and join...if no league, prolly won't get the game...so we have 2 so far. hopefully more?

4. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

friz it is like fifa's online league mode pretty much. you just set how many times each team plays each other. i would love to have a league similar to our serie leagues as far as schedules, standings and stats. would be awesome

5. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I'd play in a league guys.

6. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I love playing NHL and already am strongly considering getting 12, so I'd be interested in playing in a league

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Just from experience: if you guys want a hockey league, you'll need to commit to building one. That means recruiting from other sites, finding some leaders and sticking to it.

See the FIFA leagues as an example.

8. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

If we get enough interest for an NHL 12 league I will be more than happy to start one. Like I mentioned above to Friz, I would organize it the same way our Serie leagues are run. It's simple and a lot of fun.

9. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Well, 4 people interested so far and if Shiftee is willing to take on a leader role to get us up and running sounds like we're off to a good start. I'd say if we can get 10 committed we'd have the makings of a good league, and if we get something with season 1 off and running we may be able to pick up more to get a committed group.

10. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Yeah let me know guys. I will be picking up the game regardless.

11. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

Yeah for sure. We'll see how many people would like to join and then I will start planning out divisions and/or conferences and all that fun stuff :)

12. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

so far we have 4 people interested that have posted in this thread, plus I know of about another 2 or 3 guys that would be interested, which brings our total up to about 6 or 7.

hopefully we can get more people. I'd really like to have an NHL league.

13. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Hey guys! I get the game every year, would definitely be interested in a league

14. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

we're getting more members slowly but surely :)

if anyone knows anyone else that might be interested let them know. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I'd love to have at least 16 teams.

15. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

I'm in for sure. Maybe they'll surprise us by putting an online GM mode in. Doubt it but it'd be nice.

16. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

online GM mode would be awesome! i know the 2k series had something like that. it's about time for EA to finally have something like it.

17. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    man i downloaded the demo and this game looks so good!!!

18. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    i assume we would have heard by now if any sort of online GM mode was coming...would be great though.

19. Superpilky

Superpilky Walk On

The game really is fun.

I was hoping a club got going here, but it doesn't appear that's happening.

If a 1v1 league starts up, I'd probably get in that too.

20. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    it sounds like we've got enough interest for a league. game comes out tomorrow, I don't have it preordered, but its feeling pretty likely I'll pick it up this week.

I played a lot of the club mode last year, but most likely scenario is, when it comes to the team play, as soon as FIFA comes out I'll probably do all my team play on there and only play NHL 1v1. I don't think I have enough free time to balance team play in two different games, but if we did set up an EASHL team here, I'd definitely join, probably play a lot until FIFA 12 came out, and play occasionally after that.

21. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

i picked up the game today. i will check out the online league mode asap to see if they made any changes from last year. but yeah it definitely looks like we've got enough interest to get going. waiting for a couple other people to confirm as well.

22. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

Friz
    Superpilky
    xyzvld22
    redwings8831
    DrunkenSoldier
    G_T_G
    saintsdave75

Please confirm you guys are still interested. If all of us are, that's 8 right off the bat plus a few more I am waiting to hear from so we would have a pretty solid base to start.

It looks like the online league function is exactly the same as NHL 11 so we would need some feedback on a few things:

- How many games should each team play each other?

- Do we allow trades or should we keep rosters as is?

- Period length?

- Allow created plays?

As for picking teams, I think the best way to do it is to have a team draft with a random order to keep it fair. This is the same way we do it for the FIFA leagues and it's worked out quite well there.

23. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    in. i think i'm going to go pick up nhl after work today...assuming its available since i didn't have a preorder.

-im basing a lot off the fifa leagues since they seem to work really well, so i'd say play everyone twice to keep season length reasonable.
    -i like the GM aspect (as much as we can get) so i wouldnt mind having trades be a part of the league. no strong feelings either way though.
    -would have to test it out, i think in the past i settled on 8 minute periods, but i'm not too experienced with online so can't say for sure.
    -anyone who uses plays is a more advanced player than me...created plays or already existing plays, i probably won't use either.
    -randomized draft also sounds like best method

24. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

I'm interested but probably won't pick up game up for a week or two.

25. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

i know regular ranked games are 5 min periods but bumping it up would be just fine with me.. whatever the majority wants

having trades is a cool idea too but when i was going through the options it said something about duplicate players with trading on so i'm not sure what that's all about.

created plays in NHL is just for people who design set plays in game like for positioning and things like that. there are no existing plays aside from whatever you do on the ice yourself. a created play for example would be like if you move a guy behind the net it triggers other player(s) to move to a specific area of the ice. personally i won't be putting the time in to creating plays so my vote would be a no regarding created plays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.