THL (S2) Returning Owners Confirmation/Sign Up

Discussion in 'THL: Tradition Hockey League (XBOX)' started by Fiddy14, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

Hey guys, looking to run another season, with the same format. One change for this season is that i may just have the whole schedule open from the get go. In hopes we can get everyone getting games in etc. I would like to have the Playoffs well under way or possibly over by the 2nd week of August. That way we can still trade the game in and get some sort of value for it.

Below is the list of owners that finished season 1. This will be the draft order as well.

We are doing this now while the Playoffs are going on, so we can get started a few days after the Stanley Cup is awarded.

Confirmation Deadline is 4/15 8AM EST. If you miss this deadline and sign up after the fact, you will lose your draft position you earned from season 1 and be placed at the bottom.

THL (S2) Confirmation/Draft Order
    CrackinBacks (Confirmed)
    TheCrumbIsHere (Confirmed)
    JH FUEG (Confirmed)
    bprough (Confirmed)
    Burgh66 (Confirmed)
    Cheez (Confirmed)
    Selvy9 (Confirmed)
    Nvschultz1325 (Confirmed)
    Slice51 (Confirmed)
    Fiddy14 (Confirmed)
    Patrick S (Confirmed)
    tw0d1ce (Confirmed)

New Owner Sign Ups
    Patrick S (Moved to Draft Board)
    tw0d1ce (Moved to Draft Board)
    NeuroticTruth

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  2. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Confirmed, although I'd love to just see a schedule where we have 2-4 games a week to play, maybe a home and home with 2 people per week or something. An open schedule with an August deadline just sounds like there would be some of us who would finish in June and sit around for a couple months...again...

3. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

again, then dont play all your games at once. spread them out. nobody is forcing you to play all 22 games in 3 weeks or so.

it would be nice if everyone could do that, but more than likely not possible.

the NHL 13 season will have 2 or 4 games a week against just 1 or 2 owners a week. bc the season will be longer and involve more owners.

only reason doing what we did this season and for season 2 is to get guys to play when they can. since we all over NHL 12 so to speak. i think the main reason us guys keep playing is the love for hockey.

im also thinking of eliminating the player stats for season 2. IMO, takes to much time in between games etc. depending on how the new stat input will work once the site gets one up in the next few months, player stats could def make a return in time for NHL 13.

but again, just spread out your games to just 4 a week or so. pretty simple to do.

if you need to see how a 2-4 game a week schedule with NHL 12 has worked out this late, check out the ps3 league. turned into a mess. the commish is trying to right the ship now..

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  4. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

1st and foremost - confirmed for S2

I might have a solution to this. I saw on my online settings that I could have the stats forwarded to me via email. I'm wondering if anyone has ever tinkered with this. In the event that the emails hold our player / team stats - it would allow for stat reporting at our own convenience.

5. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

the emails dont give you player stats. they send the team stats, but they are not 100% accurate. sometimes they give you both teams, sometimes just your own.

best thing IMO for season 2, is to just take down the team stats, score, penalty pims, hits, etc and thats it. thats how my past leagues have been run for 5 years or so. it will esp make things easier on everyone here postings scores and what not.

then like i said, depending on how the stat/player input looks like from the admins here, we can go with what they give us and everyone will be able to add their own scores/stats..

keeping it simple for this upcoming season is for the best IMO.

6. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

also, if we can get everyone confirmed before the deadline, that would be great. that way i can get to work on the schedule, and we can possibly get season 2 going as the playoffs are ending. that way everyone wont have to sit around and wait.

7. JH FUEG

JH FUEG Walk On

I'm in - not missing this deadline like Blitz

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Definitely in again!

9. Nvschultz1325

Nvschultz1325 Walk On

10. bprough

bprough Walk On

you know it

• Like Like x 1
  11. Slice51

Slice51 Walk On

12. Patrick S

Patrick S Henrik*clap*clap* Henrik*clap*clap*

if any of the previous seasons owners don't come back i'd like to take their place.

or get on the wait list if there is one.

either or.

thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

14. hedache

hedache Walk On

With the playoffs starting, it's probably not a good idea to commit to this at this point. Plus given that I haven't scored a single goal in the games I played, you guys are way too good for me anyways it seems like. So even though I love the game, I don't think this is the place for me to be.

I have a question if someone doesn't mind answering: I believe I set something somewhere in my first day to make my passing more manually controlled. It said some sort of hardcore or something. I feel that with that I have more control over my passing, as well as it also leads to mistakes a lot of times. Which creates a nice lively puck movement. Honestly, do any of you guys use this, or most of you use more of an assisted type of passing tape to tape? Or are you guys that good that you guys never make mistakes afterall even with manually aiming? Cos I don't see the same kind of mistakes I make from other people I usually play.

15. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

Patrick S, you now have a spot in the league.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Burgh66

Burgh66 Walk On

Im in....I know I told you this already but want everyone to see it for sure so there are no complications later. Awesome first season boys.....I had a lot of fun....super competitive games

17. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    If you have an open spot I would like to join / get added to the waitlist.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Burgh66

Burgh66 Walk On

-Put your setting on default bud!

19. tw0d1ce

tw0d1ce Walk On

i want in bud

20. hedache

hedache Walk On

I think the game would be more fun with hardcore but if my opponent doesn't do it, I'm not good enough to hold up with it. I think it would create a more realistic feel. Seems like it's like kinda playing on manual on FIFA, for those that knows what I'm talking about.

21. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

manual passing is automatically set for online game modes and cant be changed.

you can change it for offline. but, unless you changed it, the default passing is on manual.

now, the hardcore setting, is just for other sliders, makes the game rougher so to speak, as well effecting the passing a bit. with that said, hardcore settings cant be used online. EA's Default Online Settings are, Manual passing and Normal settings. (offline settings you have (Default/Normal/Hardcore).

22. CrackinBacks

CrackinBacks Walk On

I'm in...I know I told you via Email, but I'm posting to confirm my spot for S2

• Like Like x 1
  23. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

ok, we have 12 owners signed in.

i will be setting up the draft thread etc. keep an eye on your alerts. thanks

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.