THL (S3) Information/Sign Ups

Discussion in 'THL: Tradition Hockey League (XBOX)' started by Fiddy14, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

ok guys, with the demo already out, and the season ticket release just a week away who all is interested in joining the THL for Season 3.

last year was a bit of a mess, with the GM Connected, the 1 v 1 league, lack of communication, the actual lock out, etc etc..

lets move past that and get back to some hockey!

lets also try and figure out the best plan of action and get the best out of whatever we do with NHL 14.
    ---

THL (S3) Interest
    1. Fiddy14
    2. niuhuskie224
    3. justca11mejuice
    4. publik drunk
    5. Ricky Boots
    6. TheCrumbIsHere
    7. Ya Dunn Know
    8. Twister18
    9. NeuroticTruth
    10. kcstlmang
    11. BRUCE80
    12. Blackattack87
    THL (S3) Waiting List
    ---

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

In

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

• Like Like x 1
  4. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

i'm in... happy to help out and provide feedback for what Season 3 could look like.

if GM Connected is a gong show (we'll know on Friday when the demo drops), i'd suggest we go with custom schedules and only user vs user games. i'd rather not play the CPU if i don't have to.

10min periods, regular settings seem to be the easiest to run with and less confusing/cumbersome/difficult - especially for some new guys. playing against users will eliminate the cheese anyways.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Any one else on TSO want to get in an NHL league, this is the time to raise your hand.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I would love to try it this year and if my new ISP comes through, I'll give it a shot.

• Like Like x 2
  7. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I would love to join an NHL league. Didnt realize this thread has been made.

• Like Like x 2
  8. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Would love to, however I'm on the PS3 side. Is their a way to start a PS3 league?

9. juice 2142

juice 2142 Walk On

How about eashl? Does anyone play that as well? I'd like to find a few guys to play with

10. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

Sign me up Fiddy ill play!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

ok, i tagged all 10 of us in the 1st post.

say give guys until the 8th to decide if they want to join us right away(to get in draft lottery). after that, if they want to join they just get added to bottom of draft board?

so, then..

try out GM Connected Mode, with 10 to 12 that could work out ok IMO, just make sure we get at least 3 guys in each division, one would have 4.. just have to keep in mind, once we start say Oct 1st (bc wait for opening night rosters) we will have outdated rosters the rest of the year. since we wouldnt be simming any games like i suggested in other thread, most likely only getting 2 seasons in here. with that said, 2 seasons of 82 games, plus playoffs would be great!

if the GM Connected mode sucks again we go the other route.

old school user vs user league, custom schedule, 2 divisions of 5, 26 game schedule (4 vs division, 2 against other div)..

thanks for tagging the site Drifterbub

there is a ps3 section. im not sure whats going on over there for NHL 14 though.

12. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Fiddy

I will be breaking down GM Connected all weekend. Hopefully get an idea of how it works and see any bugs.

Wish we didn't have to wait til the 1st. Is that the day that rosters finally set in the NHL? Has EA announced anything yet?

Looking forward to a strong release. I say we cap at 12 for now as well. It will allow the league to move faster than if we have 20 guys or more.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

same here, i can set up a "test" gm connected for all of us, we can try games vs cpu, vs each other, ill sim some weeks etc and see if the injury bug from last year is still around etc.

well, we dont have to wait that long to get going. but, if we want to have the most up to date rosters when starting out we would have to wait it out.

yeah, 12 owners is enough, no matter if its GM Connected or user vs user custom schedule style..

14. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

I play eashl quiet a bit

15. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

Huskie, this is primarily to include the rookies & other squads that make their teams out of camp, that need to play one game before they can show up on the online roster.

• Like Like x 1
  16. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

unless GMC is absolutely the bomb, i'd still suggest the old school way - updated rosters throughout the seasons, more seasons = more teams to try & more flexibility to make changes, not having to play the CPU and risk the cheese, etc.

17. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

and with that said, GMC Rosters are separate from regular Roster Updates. for example, last year the GMC Mode didnt receive a post trade deadline roster update. while the regular online Rosters were updated twice, possibly 3 times after the deadline.

18. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

But with that, we don't really need an update to those. The whole point of GMC mode is to build a team and make it your own. If we are doing GMC you can make those moves before the season just like in real life. Once we start, our association with how the game compares to the real thing is gone, just like NCAA.

I think GMC can be a ton of fun, especially if we can shorten the season to maximize the number of seasons we get within the mode. If we play a 40-50 game schedule, advancing every week in real life, for 2 weeks in game time we could easily get in 3 or 4 seasons. Have some drafts. Have some big free agent moves and trades matter.

• Like Like x 2
  19. publik drunk

All that hope is based on being able to shorten the season, which seems like should be a no brainer but we will see if its allowed. Either way I would prefer GM connected if the menus are navigable, and there is a live draft, either way we go though I'm ready and excited. Love the way the demo feels and can't wait to see the full version

20. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

another reason to go with custom schedules... hockey is different from the NFL/NCAA in that sense. guys getting moved up & down from the minors more often. and the trade implications. it's closer to FIFA in that sense, with the transfer window and player movements in the lineups.

i understand why you can't update rosters in GMC, because you're trading guys within that environment already, so you can't take a guy like Derek Roy off of someone's Calgary team and move him to Vancouver because that trade happened in real life.

i just think that in terms of what we're doing with a league, i don't think trades are necessary. i WOULD be interested in a fantasy draft for an online season/league, however, if EA ever decided to incorporate that.

21. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

yah, i get that... and i could get on board if we could reduce the game schedule. the updated rosters for rookie are usually under-whelming now that i think about it, because guys like Yakupov are never rated as high as they should be.

• Like Like x 1
  22. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

i guess i'm contradicting myself a little, mainly because i see both sides of it... i just wish GMC was as smooth as Dynasty in NCAA, with the same features and options.

that being said, i could either way. if we were to start with GMC, realize it's crap, and make the move to a custom schedule, i'd be cool with that.

Fiddy14 - i'm definitely interested in having a GMC setup this weekend for those of us that will have the game, and give it an indepth run. much like we did last year, but instead of just moving with it despite it sucking, we really make the best decision for the league.

• Like Like x 1
  23. publik drunk

I work day shifts all weekend but I'm available at night so I'm down for a test league

• Like Like x 1
  24. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

you cant shorten the GMC season. its 82 games bc thats how the mode was built on. same goes for offline be a gm. cant shorten the season bc of how they built the game mode. they stated that two years ago or so.

which to me makes no sense LOL. why build a mode that has to be played on with an 82 game schedule online. bah...

yeah, we can set one up for sure. im downloading it at 1pm tomorrow. so setting one up will be one of the first things i do.

25. publik drunk

I work till 5est tomorrow I'll be on as soon as I get off, having the wife start the dl while I'm at work and getting the kids takeout lol. Gt is same as name

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.