Thomas takes the reins as VT in hot start vs Trojans

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by thequick135, Jul 18, 2011.

1. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

May 26, 2011
    Logan Thomas, as some are dubbing the next Cam Newton, has taken over the QB spot that just saw the Hokies' all time winning qb graduate. Thomas started out well for his first career start, going 14-28 for 243 yards, 2td and 1 int. It helps to have an experienced receiving corps with 2 seniors starting and a 3rd in the slot. Danny "I'm always open" Coale scored the first TD of the game on a 43 yard td after a blown coverage sprung him open to the endzone. Senior TE Chris Drager also got into the mix, scoring on a 53yard strike.

Typical Hokie defense reigned supreme, holding the Trojans to under 200 yards of total offense and forcing 2 turn overs, both Interceptions. Player of the game honors go to James Gayle, r-soph defensive end with 2 sacks and a forced fumble. This looks to be another year for the Bud Foster led defense who all know will show up on Saturdays.

ps if someone can show me how to upload the videos... there was a weird play.. they picked me off and was a sure pick 6 but then almost all the skill players including mine slowed down to a walk and i was able to run down a CB with a lineman... anyone know wtf was that?